Wing Sung 699 - Victo Green Stationery Vacuum Filler Coming

JollyCynic

A few weeks ago, Beini from PenBBS told us that both Wing Sungs (WSE and Victo) were developing vacuum-filler pens. The WSE turned out to be the 3013, which has been fairly well received. Bobby has just posted on his Instagram about the Victo Green Stationery version. Right now they're just sending out some beta versions, and I have no idea when they'll be in regular production, but Bobby's AliExpress shop (no affiliation) has about ten of the beta pens at $30 each.

The forum rules appear to indicate that I'm not allowed to link to information, so more information can be found on Bobby's Instagram account, under the user name offices_supplies_pen.

It's a bit rich for me for testing a pen in beta, especially with how much I love my current group of vacuum fillers. But figured others might want to check it out.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tas

• taike

• Karmachanic

• penzel_washinkton

The beta of wing sung 699 looks very similar to pilot custom 823.

I will probably stay away from beta version for now, especially when i just got some new vacuum filler pens from ws and penbbs

I managed to copy a picture of it before it sold out

Edit: I couldn't help myself and ordered one.

fpn_1563114361__wing_sung_6992.jpg

Edited by NighthawkSix

The forum rules appear to indicate that I'm not allowed to link to information, ...

I must admit I feel this is an unusual interpretation, as many, many people (including me) put in links.

Regards,

Richard.

I must admit I feel this is an unusual interpretation, as many, many people (including me) put in links.

Regards,

Richard.

I think most people assume the guidelines wouldn't forbid it. In fairness, it almost looks like the rules encourage linking with with the line, "Please do post helpful links. The Fountain Pen Network is part of the larger pen community, and we should all be assisting each other." But it expressly states, "In a subject discussed on The Fountain Pen Network, links to other sites (including links to Blogs) may only be posted by approved and paying Premium Account Holders."

I'm relatively sure whoever wrote them thought they were explicit about what kinds of sites could and couldn't be linked to, but it forbids all external sites for non-paying members.. I do happily post links to other parts of this site, however. I'm one of the weirdos who reads Ts&Cs and abides by them.

Anyway, to stay on topic, I also thought that it looked a lot like an 823, but a particularly cheap-looking 823. I'm interested to see what "in the wild" pictures look like.

Saying it "looks like" 823 is an understatement. Not sure if it does have a ball end tip at the clip like the 823 though.

Also I've seen in Bobby's IG that there is a picture dedicated to saying that when filling, do not push the blind cap / piston rod assembly fully down but leave a 5 mm gap.

Wonder what's that all about.

Saying it "looks like" 823 is an understatement. Not sure if it does have a ball end tip at the clip like the 823 though.

Also I've seen in Bobby's IG that there is a picture dedicated to saying that when filling, do not push the blind cap / piston rod assembly fully down but leave a 5 mm gap.

That is kind of a wonky translation, the Chinese wording makes more sense: when the pen is filled and ready to be used, do not pull back the piston rod too much in case ink gets squirted out when you screw the end cap back in later.

Disengaging the shut-off valve?

I'll stick with the 698.

Edited by Karmachanic

Add lightness and simplicate.

Victo is the factory behind the 601 and the 618, correct?

And Wing Sung 626 , 659 , 698 as well comes from the same factory . :)

I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

I mean, the 3013 is a heavy clone of the TWSBI vac700R.

I'm down with this. Let moonman make unique stuff and Wing sung make really high quality, affordable facsimiles.

I'll buy one. I've been SUPER impressed with the 3013, which is my new "give away" pen, since it's cheaper than the 698.

Edited by Honeybadgers

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

That is kind of a wonky translation, the Chinese wording makes more sense: when the pen is filled and ready to be used, do not pull back the piston rod too much in case ink gets squirted out when you screw the end cap back in later.

That makes more sense, thanks for the clarification

Is there anyway to find out what nib it has? I.e #5, #6 etc?

You could try asking Bobby, the only seller I've seen with them (offices_supplies_pen on Instagram and his eBay/Etsy/AliExpress shops are linked through there), or you could wait for ChrisRap's review to come out, as he was possibly the first one to order one of them.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally received my Wing Sung 699 and I'm really enjoying it. It has a good weight and balance and, after some minor smoothing, is a great writer. :thumbup:

I wanted a slightly broader nib and replaced the stock one with a #6 Fuliwen medium nib. It is a little larger but fits just fine and is a very smooth writer. I got three for $5.69 here

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

I wanted a slightly broader nib and replaced the stock one with a #6 Fuliwen medium nib. It is a little larger but fits just fine and is a very smooth writer. I got three for $5.69 here

OCArt,

It seems there's not a lot of consistency among nibs of the same size number; would you be kind enough to measure the dimensions of the Fuliwen nib, as I am curious about it? Would also be helpful to know the feed diameter it partners too. TIA!

No, I am not going to list my pens here.

That's the Fuliwen #2 nib. Good to know it fits!

And Fuliwen's corresponding feed, though I don't have one here to compare directly with the feed that comes with the 699.

1908151028PM.png1908151034PM.png

Edited by EDC