• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• Gawain

• tonybelding

• torstar

Montblanc. All are well behaved, shades nicely, and colors have some nice pop to them, and the boot shaped bottles are brilliant, and cost per bottle is reasonable. Midnight Blue, and Permanent Blue really sold me on this ink brand. They really produce serious reliable inks for the office and business too.

Edited by max dog

1. Montblanc - although I haven't tried any of the new colors yet.

2. DeAtramentis

3. Pilot Iroshizuku

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

My small ink stash has more Noodler's than anything else, but the ink I invariably choose when I'm not sure about a pen is Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue.

So yeah, Pelikan 4001.

Happiness is an Indian ED!

Noodlers!

Where would we be without Noodler's Inks?

Where would we be without Nathan Tardif?

B O R I N G...............That's where we would be.

I don't draw inside the lines.

​I love variety, commitment, honesty, commitment, friendliness, commitment, compassion, and finally commitment.

I love the extremely full bottles!!!!

I love the fact that NOBODY is going to stop Nathan from producing one of my favorite inks, Baystate Blue!

I love the fact that Noodler's inks have patriotic themes and Nathan is a historian who adds a historical theme to many of his products.

I love the fact that Noodler's has so many darn inks available, most with a history attached if you care to research the product.

I don't like sterile manufacturing.

I don't like coloring strictly within the lines.

I like what Nathan does.

I don't know why so many people here have their hate on for Nathan.

He is one man who employs family to fill product orders.

Edited by Gawain

Thoreau "for every thousand hacking at the branches of evil, there is one chopping at the root"

Noodlers!

Where would we be without Noodler's Inks?

Where would we be without Nathan Tardif?

B O R I N G...............That's where we would be.

I don't draw inside the lines.

​I love variety, commitment, honesty, commitment, friendliness, commitment, compassion, and finally commitment.

I love the extremely full bottles!!!!

I love the fact that NOBODY is going to stop Nathan from producing one of my favorite inks, Baystate Blue!

I love the fact that Noodler's inks have patriotic themes and Nathan is a historian who adds a historical theme to many of his products.

I love the fact that Noodler's has so many darn inks available, most with a history attached if you care to research the product.

I don't like sterile manufacturing.

I don't like coloring strictly within the lines.

I like what Nathan does.

He is one man who employs family to fill product orders.

I, for one, must respectfully disagree. While Noodlers might have at one point invigorated the market with a large variety of saturated colors, it was a trend, one of many trends. I think his advertising is silly. He didnt do anything to help encourage the sheen/shimmer trends. He didnt get the memo on making inks like Sailor 123. Theres better packaged, more colorful, entirely unique stuff out there besides Noodlers. Besides, this thread is about trusting a brand, and between inconsistency in batches, seemingly stemming from constant changes in formulations, and the many varied reports on behavior including an ever more feather prone reputation, I could never add Noodlers to my list of trusted inks. No, in my opinion Noodlers has been boring for the past five years, and attacking politicians with labels they will never see doesnt make the ink itself more interesting. Whats worse is that Noodlers is probably my least trusted brand of ink. I have shrunk it to less than 5% of my collection and only use two of those on very rare occasions.

Gobblecup ~

I know Gobblecup.

That is why I wanted to present a different view.

A view from my perspective.

Is that OK?

I, for one, must respectfully disagree. While Noodlers might have at one point invigorated the market with a large variety of saturated colors, it was a trend, one of many trends. I think his advertising is silly. He didnt do anything to help encourage the sheen/shimmer trends. He didnt get the memo on making inks like Sailor 123. Theres better packaged, more colorful, entirely unique stuff out there besides Noodlers. Besides, this thread is about trusting a brand, and between inconsistency in batches, seemingly stemming from constant changes in formulations, and the many varied reports on behavior including an ever more feather prone reputation, I could never add Noodlers to my list of trusted inks. No, in my opinion Noodlers has been boring for the past five years, and attacking politicians with labels they will never see doesnt make the ink itself more interesting. Whats worse is that Noodlers is probably my least trusted brand of ink. I have shrunk it to less than 5% of my collection and only use two of those on very rare occasions.

Thoreau "for every thousand hacking at the branches of evil, there is one chopping at the root"

nevermind....... ; )

Edited by Gawain

No doubt you love the work and the products of Mr Osamu Ishimaru, then.

I like what Nathan does.

I don't hate Nathan, he's nobody of concern to me just like the folks who make Platinum, Diamine, Rohrer & Klingner inks but at least I can trust the other inks as products of which I'm a user. I don't trust Noodler's inks and I don't trust Noodler's as a brand. I've come to the point that I don't even trust what is marketed as being 'bulletproof' to withstand a two-hour soak in a bath of clean water, when Sailor souboku ink on the same portion of that sheet of paper didn't budge in the least.

Personally I don't care whether Nathan ought to take sole blame for the bad 'behaviour' and lack of consistency in some of his products. I prefer to see Noodler's as a company, not a person, and its poor performance is not something for which an individual should be hated, irrespective of whether the company flourishes or withers.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Like everyone else, I use all kinds of inks, but if I had to choose just one brand, that would definitely be Diamine. Great range of colours, good quality, easy to find where I live, very affordable. It would never come to my mind to spend € 30 or more for 50 ml of ink in a fancy bottle.

Italix Captain's Commission F – Italix Parson's Essential F – Kaweco Dia2 EF – Pilot Custom 74 SF – Sailor 1911 Simply Black F – TWSBI Classic EF – Rotring Altro F

“As for the qualities of which you may know, ‘These qualities lead to dispassion, not to passion; to being unfettered, not to being fettered; to shedding, not to accumulating; to modesty, not to self-aggrandizement; to contentment, not to discontent; to seclusion, not to entanglement; to aroused persistence, not to laziness; to being unburdensome, not to being burdensome’: You may definitely hold, ‘This is the Dhamma, this is the Vinaya, this is the Teacher’s instruction.’”

I have more diamine bottles than any other brand, by a huge difference, so I trust it a lot. But, if I have some persistent problems with a pen I always flush whatever ink it is loaded with and I put waterman black in it.

Actually Diammine is the only brand that has ever disappointed me. With Grape beeing too dry.

Pelikan (youth sentiment and experience) and MB for me

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

Gawain,

I certainly do not mean to be abrasive or anything, I respect that you enjoy and find excitement in Noodlers brand. I apologize if my response was upsetting or too directly contrary. I did have a period where I was a big user of Noodlers inks. I simply have moved on personally. Hence, I put forth my contrary view. But again, please do not take it as aggressive and hateful on my part.

Gobblecup ~

Actually Diammine is the only brand that has ever disappointed me. With Grape beeing too dry.

Grape was the first, and therefore the only, Diamine ink I ever bought. I have long been tempted by Damson, but with so many nice purples available from Sailor and Birmingham, I have never taken the plunge.