Diamine Maureen / Little Mo For Cult Pens

lgsoltek

The other one of the heavily-sheened pair by Diamine for Cult Pens, the other one being Robert/Bob. This is Maureen, a blue with strong red sheen. The little 30ml bottle is named "Little Mo".

Maureen is very saturated, and I find it to write wetter and smoother than Robert. A gorgeous colour, though not really exceptional since there are lots of similar colours on the market already, not least among Diamine inks. Dryout on the nib after several minutes uncapped has been observed. No water resistance.

Splash

fpn_1562864944__img_0968.jpg

Sample

(Rhodia)

fpn_1562864961__jpeg_image-3dd32b762869-

fpn_1562864954__jpeg_image-3dd32b762869-

(Tomoe River)

fpn_1562864941__jpeg_image-3dd32b762869-

fpn_1562864947__jpeg_image-3dd32b762869-

Sheen

fpn_1562864951__jpeg_image-3dd32b762869-

Comparison

fpn_1562864958__jpeg_image-3dd32b762869-

Miscellaneous

(Maureen and Robert together)

fpn_1562864967__img_0876.jpeg

fpn_1562864970__img_0924.jpeg

Edited by Lgsoltek

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DilettanteG

• Bhavna

• 1nkulus

• Enkida

Thank You, great review! I just got a bottle each of Robert and Maureen, but so far no sheen. The effect seems to be really dependent on the right paper. If it's Rhodia and Tomoe River that paper is going to be on the pricey side. :(

Also, I made the mistake of brushing against a page written with Maureen when my hand was slightly damp from holding a cold drink. The ink smeared onto the heel of my hand where I brushed it. This stuff is uber saturated and not even a little water resistant, but I do love the colors and the shading.

Wow... that looks even sheenier than Skull & Roses to be honest! Very nice review and even nicer handwriting. The miscellaneous pictures look like they were captured from the Hubble telescope! :-)

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

Events may be horrible or inescapable. Men always have a choice - if not whether, then how they endure.

- Lois McMaster Bujold

Both, Mo and Bob, are lovely sheeny inks. I enjoy my doodles with both of them.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

I tried again with my uber wet 3.8mm Pilot Parallel Pens on some different papers:

Tomoe River A4 Pad - Bleed like a hemophiliac with not a trace of sheen. This is my first experience with this brand, but I'm not getting the love for it at all. Do I buy the wrong kind? Do they make more than one kind?

Edited to add: I unfairly maligned Tomoe River. Apparently, I grabbed the included blotting paper top sheet instead of the actual writing paper. I've since tried that and it looks amazing with zero bleed thru. :blush:

Rhodia Orange Cover Letter Pad - Sheened like a champ!

Ampad Gold Fibre - I'm trying to use up an old pad, so I wrote as slowly as possible and painted on a line so thick it could have covered the side of a house. Not quite as much sheen as the Rhodia, but pretty close!

My fingers are smeared blue and purple from the Maureen and Robert. Maybe it's because I had to refill both pens or maybe it's the noticeably slow dry times with these 3.8mm italic nibs, but it does look a bit like I've been finger-painting instead of writing.

• 4 weeks later...

Beautiful review and such incredible images!! I got both a little while back but haven't really had a good play. This is the weekend to get them inked up!

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

I tried again with my uber wet 3.8mm Pilot Parallel Pens on some different papers:

Tomoe River A4 Pad - Bleed like a hemophiliac with not a trace of sheen. This is my first experience with this brand, but I'm not getting the love for it at all. Do I buy the wrong kind? Do they make more than one kind?

Edited to add: I unfairly maligned Tomoe River. Apparently, I grabbed the included blotting paper top sheet instead of the actual writing paper. I've since tried that and it looks amazing with zero bleed thru. :blush:

Rhodia Orange Cover Letter Pad - Sheened like a champ!

Ampad Gold Fibre - I'm trying to use up an old pad, so I wrote as slowly as possible and painted on a line so thick it could have covered the side of a house. Not quite as much sheen as the Rhodia, but pretty close!

My fingers are smeared blue and purple from the Maureen and Robert. Maybe it's because I had to refill both pens or maybe it's the noticeably slow dry times with these 3.8mm italic nibs, but it does look a bit like I've been finger-painting instead of writing.

There is nothing more joyful for me than inky fingers!!!

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba