Top Posters In This Topic

• Peter_H

• mr T.

• Left FPN

• sciumbasci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

It should have been called the Waterman Generation as that's often Waterman put's out a new model. Correct me if I'm wrong the last model was the perspective.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried one of these? I'm just curious. They've just popped up on my local pen shop's website for 90 CDN - quite a high price for a pen which seems to be made of parts from existing models...

That Eiffel Tower on the nib makes it look like a cheezy travel souvenir.

That's a curiously mismatched juxtaposition of finishes. The section with the odd ribbing really doesn't match the rest of the pen.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Anything on these yet? I haven’t gotten anything as of this week. You would think if they were being released, they’d be showing up in the pre Black Friday hype.

Anything on these yet? I havent gotten anything as of this week. You would think if they were being released, theyd be showing up in the pre Black Friday hype.

eBay has some, M nib only, all colours available, 70 plus 10 posting and packaging. Edit: Amazon too.

Edited by sciumbasci

Yes, £52 in the UK.

A few years ago I recall Monty in New York listing Philepert pens. The attached pictures to the listings was of an Expert cross Phileas section on an Phileas barrel.

Here you go,

post-42786-0-96401700-1574240499.jpg

Ugh. Apart from the clip, those look like bottom end of the market Parkers. Sad to see a great French brand going down the pan.

I see it as a positive signal instead.

Of course I wish the pen was oriented toward the lower end of the market, to compete with the more economical German pens (Safari, Sport), but that's just me.

I suppose you have to be doing something to make money. If your imagination is dry, this is the sort of thing that comes forth. I think for that money they might have actually had a dream.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Yes, £52 in the UK.

A few years ago I recall Monty in New York listing Philepert pens. The attached pictures to the listings was of an Expert cross Phileas section on an Phileas barrel.

Here you go,

attachicon.gif Green%20Waterman%20Phileas.jpg

Is the threading the same on the Expert and Philias?

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone has had a chance to get their hands on one, how does it write?

I have a Carene and an Exception and both are excellent top tier writers out of the box. I hope these match up to the reputation. I presume the fit, finish and craftsmanship are top tier too.

Edited by s_t_e_v_e

• 1 month later...

It looks like a fat version of parker jotter to me,they already have hemisphere at the lower range which is much better.

• 2 years later...

I have just got one from Amazon UK for £19.99 (Jan '22). I am returning it because:

1 While it accepts (most) long international cartridges with a narrow top end, it will not accept short international cartridges that have a broad top end. That obviously means a second cartridge can't be stored.

2 It does not accept most screw type cartridge converters due to a width restriction inside the barrel. Only the slider types of narrow converters appear to fit.

3 The nib is as hard as nails and writes without any character or line variation.

4 The nib writes rather dry.

5 There's too much feedback which could be polished out, but I'd rather re-profile a Jinhao X750 into a stub/italic than fiddle with this pen.

The barrel has a good weight and overall it handles well and the cap posts, but it makes the pen a little top heavy. Ribbing on the barrel is unnecessary, but doesn't get in the way. It is generally well made.

It is a lot better made than a Parker Jotter or Vector - except they have nicer nibs and accept decent sized cartridges and converters.

I don't feel that this particular Waterman is worth even £19.99 when there are some Asian pens that perform better and often for a much lower price. £9.99~11.99 would be fair IMO. The regular £40~50+ price is ludicrous.

I don't mind the appearance, but it doesn't deliver the functionality I expect - its a direct competitor to the Sheaffer VFM. Ugh.

Edited by Crowsfoot