Recent haul from the flea bay!
Italian fountain pen maker MARLEN's Silver 7 Wonders "Christ the Redeemer" fountain pen , happens to be a Limited Edition too. The seller mentioned that each design is limited to 77 pieces, although I am not sure about this information.

These beautifully crafted and exquisite looking fountain pens had my attention for quite some time, but for the price. These pens are not inexpensive, or at least the website www.giardino.it/pens/marlen/index.php has these listed at 1490 Euros or 1670 US Dollars (which is in fact an "offer price" on the actual MRP of 1740 Euro or 1950 US Dollars). I very well assume that shipping would be extra, and taxes, if any.
Well, the haul was at...well, let me keep that undisclosed :rolleyes:
While this piece of art will take a while to reach me after it has traveled half the world, here are the pictures from the seller.
As I do not know much about Marlens and have never used them before, I will be honest - it was an impulse buy!
Feel free to comment and let me know how you feel about this new acquisition of mine... :)
fpn_1562667829__3.jpg
fpn_1562667921__7.jpg
fpn_1562667871__4.jpg
fpn_1562667994__8.jpgfpn_1562667956__6.jpg
Edited by FPcollection

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FPcollection

• Doug C

• sciumbasci

• AndyLogan

Impressive pen.

I am on the trail myself of some Marlen, but I am not paying the full price they ask. I fancy the Aliante.

Impressive pen.

I am on the trail myself of some Marlen, but I am not paying the full price they ask. I fancy the Aliante.

Checked the Aliante - a nice pen with a semi hooded nib.

Best of luck for your search!

• 2 weeks later...

That box must weight a ton! Very nice pen, silver perhaps? At that price point it better be sterling silver, platinum or the like.

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

Nice pen, and nice photos! the quality of the pen stands out remarkably in your pictures.

Marlen makes nice pens, especially in their upper range. Their taste for fancy ornaments is not often to my liking but I consider them on par with the former Delta as far as quality and design is concerned.

I have only a few Marlen, the Class is my favourite

fpn_1564008911__maerlen_class_brownjpg.j

That box must weight a ton! Very nice pen, silver perhaps? At that price point it better be sterling silver, platinum or the like.

Hi Andy, yes, that is sterling silver :)

Have not yet received the pen in hand, but I assume that the box will have substantial weight!

Edited by FPcollection

Nice pen, and nice photos! the quality of the pen stands out remarkably in your pictures.

Marlen makes nice pens, especially in their upper range. Their taste for fancy ornaments is not often to my liking but I consider them on par with the former Delta as far as quality and design is concerned.

I have only a few Marlen, the Class is my favourite

fpn_1564008911__maerlen_class_brownjpg.j

That is an amazing pen!

Very vintage in its appeal too, IMHO. Had not seen this model before now...but will be on the look out for this one.

In case you do not mind, what is the price point for this model?

I have a number of Marlens from years ago, and they are very, very nice pens. They made another attempt at hitting the US market a year ago with a number of uninspiring pens, and I don't think it has gone well.

If you get on their site, you see a number of pens that they would have been better served in sending to America.

At one point they also made pens for Krone. I don't know if that is still the case but I have a couple of those as well.

I think you'll be happy with it.

the Danitrio Fellowship