Ensso Italia On Kickstarter

Theroc

That copper version looks so gorgeous. Can I ask how heavy it feels in use? I’d be tempted if it weren’t going to be a work-out every time I wrote something ....

It's heavy as hell. A note taker, not a paper writer.

I still love it because it's just crazy satisfying in the hand. The ridges are amazing if you're the type who fidgets with a pen or whatever's in your hand.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Honeybadgers

• bbs

• Jamerelbe

• MuddyWaters

Thanks! It does still sound great .....

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Thanks! It does still sound great .....

I'd buy it again in a heartbeat and it's one of my most used pens, if that does help convince you

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

No inner cap. Dries out when left for a few days. Useless for me. Oh well. $110 experiment.

Edited by Karmachanic

Add lightness and simplicate.

No inner cap. Dries out when left for a few days. Useless for me. Oh well. $110 experiment.

Do you mean the Italia or the Gist? I’ve got two Italias and that’s not my experience. I’ve also got a Piuma from Ensso that’s gone months without being used and writes first time of asking.

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Do you mean the Italia or the Gist? I’ve got two Italias and that’s not my experience. I’ve also got a Piuma from Ensso that’s gone months without being used and writes first time of asking.

Italia. Guess I'm just lucky ;) I'll try another ink when it runs dry. Maybe I'll have a different experience.

I hope so, Karmachanic!

I've noticed mine runs dry when left for more than 4 or 5 days. it behaves a lot like a parker sonnet.

I found and fixed the issue though. It's got an air exchange issue through the slit in the cap for the clip. Just remove the clip, stick a dab of silicone in there, and close it back up. Problem solved.

Mine doesn't run dry at all. Because of the appalling cap threads situation, I've used it very little since I got it, but every time I've picked it up it has written well. No sign of any drying out at all.

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

Thanks. I've got Colorverse String in in at present, which is a dry ink. I'll run the pen dry by Monday and fill with something wetter to see if that makes a difference.

For the threading issue the method I mentioned in post #35 works for me.

I've had mine for a couple of weeks now, and it's a truly lovely pen, *BUT*...

• I'm also having hassles with cap and barrel cross-threading (mine's a Titanium pen). It's not as bad as it was at first, but still far from smooth;
  • I'm also finding the nib is prone to dry-out if I leave it capped for more than a day or two.

I'm glad to know that both of those issues are fixable (haven't gotten around to removing the clip to grease it yet) - but really they shouldn't *be* problems on a pen at this price-point. Especially if you're wanting to build your retail business off the back of your Kickstarter campaign.

I'm happy with my black aluminium Piuma and loved my brass XS with titanium nib (until I lost it, that is :crybaby:) - but feel a bit let down by the fact that this pen hasn't arrived "ready to go". Still, if the problems on-arrival can be sorted, I'm not gonna grumble too much...