Diamine Golden Oasis

Enkida

I was debating where to put this because it's a lot of pictures but not really a review. But anyway, the spouse procured a bottle of Diamine Golden Oasis, a shimmer ink. This is not really my shade of green and shimmer inks are also not my jam, but I did some writing on different papers to test it out in my FPR Himalaya ultra flex pen and thought I'd share it here. As stated in the written part, I shook the bottle gently before inking the pen, and I agitated the pen by gently rolling my wrist about every two lines for all of its. I get the feeling the gold particles settle in this ink particularly fast so if you're not vigorous about agitating them, you can reduce the glitter and see more of the green. And also probably clog your pen up a bit more, haha.

Card stock, 100 bristol I think:

golden-oasis1.jpg

golden-oasis2.jpg

golden-oasis3.jpg

Oxford Optik:
golden-oasis4.jpg

golden-oasis5.jpg

golden-oasis6.jpg

Leuchtturm 1917, but it's an old model book with the rougher pages:
golden-oasis7.jpg

golden-oasis8.jpg

golden-oasis9.jpg

golden-oasis10.jpg

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

Events may be horrible or inescapable. Men always have a choice - if not whether, then how they endure.

- Lois McMaster Bujold

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enkida

• Beechwood

• goodpens

• chromantic

Very nice handwriting, very readable if I may say.

Not exactly a fan of Diamine inks in general and shimmer inks in particular, I have had pens that have become blocked and stained by them so I give them a miss, but each to their own. I just dont know why I would use them.

Strong shimmering glow on this ink, really pops from the page, thanks for posting.

Even if it's not my cup of tea pictures are always appreciated; in its lighter version it looks like someone threw gold dust at Chiku Rin. Unfortunately all I could think is how all that shimmer makes it less legible, a big no no for me.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Nice post and as you say, not really a review so thanks for loading it here....

The green itself isn't bad at all -- only the shimmer is not my beer -- and sorta reminds me of D's Apple Glory.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Thank you for providing a sampling of this ink. I like the color, but I am not a fan of "shimmery" inks.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Whereas I like some of the shimmer inks I've tried -- but won't (as in the case with Golden Oasis) buy one when I don't like the underlying color.

But thanks for posting the pix. Seeing inks I don't want is better for my wallet.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

This is my ‘Wimbledon’ ink. So I’m seeing a lot of this ink at the moment. Is it weird to have themed inks? Probably.

I don't think so at all ;-) Unfortunately they're not airing Wimbeldon on free TV over here so I have to make do with looking at this ink instead. :P

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

Events may be horrible or inescapable. Men always have a choice - if not whether, then how they endure.

- Lois McMaster Bujold

Dang - I'm gonna get sucked into buying some of that when I'm in Anderson's next week.

I do have a couple of other shimmer inks. Clogs some pens, but not my broads

This is my Wimbledon ink. So Im seeing a lot of this ink at the moment. Is it weird to have themed inks? Probably.

Ha! Not at all. Seems perfect.

I have themed inks for stuff growing near my home in summer: aspen leaves (this ink would be the shimmer version of what I am using, Diamine Kelly), raspberries, mushrooms, etc.

I've yet to try a shimmer ink but I have to say I rather like this one. The color is nice for a bright green (which I don't have much use for and would probably go with GvFC Viper Green if I did) and the gold shimmer really goes nicely with it.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Ohh! I have GvFC Viper Green and it is as awesome as they say, let me tell you. It was actually also a purchase of the spouse, who obviously has a colour range here, haha, but I do like that one on its own as a green as well. :-)

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

- Lois McMaster Bujold