Any Idea Of Value On This?

Stitchpunk

I paid NZ$200 for this Canadian-made 92v (pocket sized) Waterman in brown lizard finish. It's in excellent condition with no scratches or damage and a nice semi-flex nib, and has been restored to full working order. I'd like to get an idea of value, mainly for insurance purposes, but also so that if I ever decide to sell it I have some idea of what price to set. I keep looking in the forums and on eBay, but have yet to see anything similar to offer me any guidance! Can anyone give me at least a vague idea?

post-133805-0-54611100-1561755731_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stitchpunk

• PAKMAN

• PaulS

• WalterC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry to be negative as to the real nub of your question - from your comments this appears to be a rare pen - so few of us will have bought an example and difficult to assess a value - generally, most things are only worth what they make on the day - so all a bit subjective - presumably you paid what you considered this pen to be worth to you - and therein lies the problem.

However, would suggest that if you were selling - and since you don't want to make a loss - then it would make sense to offer the pen at your cost price - this would apply if you were to sell outside on-line auctions.

However, high starting prices on an on-line auction deter buyers so the pen may not sell - lower initial prices are appealing and attract buyers, but the risk could be that your hoped for price isn't realized when the hammer falls, and you make a loss - all rather a gamble really.

Most people would suggest that the insured value needs to be substantially higher to cover the potentially higher replacement cost - it's sod's law that just when you want to buy something it's either rare as hen's teeth, or just plain expensive.

Great pen by the way - think I'd keep it :)

Edited by PaulS

The only other one I've seen for sale was on an antiques site in the UK and the price was something like £750! Wondering if that's a bit high though! On the whole my preference is to keep it, but if it's worth enough to get 2 or 3 of the other pens on my wish list then I might cave eventually.

I'm not an expert, but I have spent a lot of time on ebay looking for pocket sized Watermans like the 92v. I don't think I've seen one with that pattern. Congratulations on a nice find.

Wow, loving the pattern and condition of that pen! Congrats on a great find! If it was in my hands, it would become a permanent part of my collection!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!