Top Posters In This Topic

• LyaT

• Gobblecup

• Quadratus

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First 2:30 minutes of a 3:30 video you don't get to see the pen,

Then you only get to see it for 50 seconds!

My thoughts exactly!

this pen has not impressed me at all

I was hoping videos like this would change my mind but this is the most uninspired pelikan I have seen in a long time! I sadly must agree with you.

Gobblecup ~

I saw the pen in a shop last week and its colouring is much more intringuing "in reality" than in the pictures/videos. There is an attractive shimmer to the blue and the tracing curves that is quite appealing. However, I agree that it is not one of the most inspired productions of that otherwise fabulous pen maker.

I am still hesitating, partly because I have a large collection of M800 Pelikans including the Vibrant Blue, and partly because I am not yet convinced it is a "must have" addition to my collection. But I expect I will probably eventually get one nevertheless!

I'm still not sure how I feel about this pen. The initial marketing pictures didn't inspire me. The pen in this video looks better but still not something I'm tempted to buy.

this pen has not impressed me at all

:D yaah ! I was too surprised as the reviewer appeared to me to share that same nonplussed sentiment as if the thought bubble was saying, "Is this all Pelikan could come up with?"

I'm hoping that popular opinion will sway this way much like M600 Vibrant Orange so that retailers will closeout at a decent discount. :P

I too was not impressed by the marketing shots and have had my eye on the recent M101N.

But for me I think video Blue Dunes looks better than the PR shots and other than M805 Stresemann or M815 Metal striped, is the one M800 I'd consider. :)

I received mine yesterday, and it is inked with Kon-Peki (a perfect match).

It is a beautiful pen, IMO, much better than the Stone Garden or the Renaissance Brown.

The only reason it doesn't excite me is because... well, it is another Blue M80x without nib choices.

But, it is certainly a keeper.

Sadly, that video isn't going to sell many pens. Maybe even my unspectacular camera skills can enthuse the unconverted?

Here's mine yesterday in a sunny room:

post-7552-0-64864300-1561804490_thumb.jpg

The resin is very three dimensional, with the lighter areas being particularly iridescent. Seeing this, the pattern reminded me of another pen, and sure enough -

post-7552-0-40989800-1561804674_thumb.jpg

The resin turns out to be essentially our old friend the Grand Place in a different colourway. Dunes is translucent, whereas Place is solid, but that's Pelikan's choice to mount the resin on a clear blue-tinted body rather than a solid colour.

I think it's a real winner, even if it seems to be camera shy. Blue again of course, but happily it has restored my Pelikan mojo. I found the purple stripes and M101N rather underwhelming, especially as they came so close together. When I looked at them together on my desk I realised I could have bought myself a new self cleaning oven or an iPad pro instead (and buyer remorse is almost an unknown concept to me). But I'm OK again now :happyberet:

John

Edited by encremental

It's nice enough...would like to see a comparison of it and Blue O 'Blue and the similar ones.

But my it's against my wallets religion to buy a new pen.

Well an 18 K nail is just an Nail, and one would have to find a W. Germany nib, before my wallet would think of coming out of hiding.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Sadly, that video isn't going to sell many pens. Maybe even my unspectacular camera skills can enthuse the unconverted?

attachicon.gif Dunes.jpg

The resin is very three dimensional, with the lighter areas being particularly iridescent. Seeing this, the pattern reminded me of another pen, and sure enough -

attachicon.gif twins.jpg

The resin turns out to be essentially our old friend the Grand Place in a different colourway. Dunes is translucent, whereas Place is solid, but that's Pelikan's choice to mount the resin on a clear blue-tinted body rather than a solid colour.

I think it's a real winner, even if it seems to be camera shy. Blue again of course, but happily it has restored my Pelikan mojo. I found the purple stripes and M101N rather underwhelming, especially as they came so close together. When I looked at them together on my desk I realised I could have bought myself a new self cleaning oven or an iPad pro instead (and buyer remorse is almost an unknown concept to me). But I'm OK again now :happyberet:

John

Oh dang, wish you hadn't done that. Now I have to go look at one in person and possibly buy ANOTHER blue M800 ! LOL

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

If it's any help, they are all different shades of blue. This one seems to suit Tsuyu-Kusa :)

John

Dunes.jpg

twins.jpg

John

Dammit.... now I want to get this one. All it took was good lighting and decent camera.

Gobblecup ~

this edition is one of the "need to see in person" not through video reviews.... deserve to have a chance at least for a look

I wish they were offering m600 size pens in colors like that!

Agree!

My hands are too small for the M800 so I'm "stuck" with the M200/400 and M600 series (never mind there is a good choice there).

OTOH it's better for my wallet... those designs are just beautiful!

😂Indeed. Also, he seems kind of melancholy about the pen.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

It looks nicer than I expected.

If money didn't matter I'd surely buy it. But as I does matter, and those special editions are quite expensive, I'll stay with my standard models of the M800/M805.

"On the internet nobody knows you're a cat." =^.^=