The Fountain Pen Network Messages

Back Online Again!

Dearest Members and Visitors of the Fountain Pen Nuthouse,

NOTE: Your new login user name now is your old Display Name, alternative login option is your email address!

For more details, please check FPN News, here: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/356406-finally-back-online-again/?tab=comments#comment-4371649

Warm regards, The FPN Admin Team

Rate Topic 0

I recently purchased my second bottle of Diamine Poppy Red from a reputable source that sells over Amazon, and I have had it on hand for about a month while I've been finishing up the last few drops of my first bottle. When I opened up the fresh bottle today, I was immediately hit with a strong scent resembling mildew (mold). I know some inks can have a certain "musk" to them (such as Diamine Imperial Purple), but my first bottle of Poppy Red had no discernible smell. I should also note that the new ink is much darker in appearance (more opaque) as seen in the bottle than my first bottle of Poppy Red. I compared samples of the new bottle's contents to some from my old bottle, and the colors matched up on paper. It could be possible that there was a bit extra of some ingredient put in my new batch that would darken the appearance and make it smell funny, but I'd rather play it safe until I know for sure. Thoughts?

If there is a moldy smell that is not a good sign. Next step is to pipette some into a vial looking for slimy stringy strands.

Buying it from Amazon, you dont know if that seller opened, tested, and contaminated it by mistake.

If you are still in the window, I would return it to Amazon for refund. I think you have 45 days?

Sorry this happened, but it does happen randomly.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

• 2 weeks later...

Follow Sam's advice and check out his biocide shoot out thread.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar

Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY