Lamy Safari - White With Black Clip - Japan Limited Ed.

mehandiratta

Lamy Japan has new White Black Limited Edition launched yesterday in Japan. Its the White Safari that comes with Black Clip and Blacked out Nib.

64659471_1275670499273004_62384943287762

64976387_1275172495989471_18245597586868

The Pen has Black Accents and Trims and comes in only EF and F nib options. There is also a ball point available in same pattern.

Currently it is available only at physical stores. I am leaving a link below of few stores

1. Itoya
  2. Isetan

Are you planning to get one ??

Note: All images are sourced from Lamy Japan Facebook Page (link)

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sal the List Maker

• Glenn-SC

• 1nkulus

• mehandiratta

There was a matte white Safari with a black clip (and nib?) back in the '90s.

So not really a "new" idea.

yes .. that was grey i guess

vaibhav mehandiratta

No, its was white.

There was a grey version as well.

Yup. Sure enough.

I like the ones with the black clips though. I might have see about adding this one in.

:happycloud9:

Cathy L. Carter

Live. Love. Write.

That one does look pretty sharp (kinda reminds me of that Pelikan they called the Stormtrooper (I think it was an M200). But whether I try to score one or not is going to depend on a number of factors, such as price, what nib widths are available, and shipping costs from Japan.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

the search for special editions for Asia continues. China editions ,Japanese editions, Etc. The never ending hunt. :o

the search for special editions for Asia continues. China editions ,Japanese editions, Etc. The never ending hunt. :o

yup

vaibhav mehandiratta

Striking but I'll pass.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

If black nibs were offered in 1.1 italic, yes!

and the 1.5 too as both would be welcome additions.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

There was a matte white Safari with a black clip (and nib?) back in the '90s.

So not really a "new" idea.

Not at all.... but on the pictures it doesn't look matte. It looks more like a common Alpin from 1983...

29455088282_623aa68d7d_o.jpgLamy Safari von -C.M.Z-

C.

Edited by christof

It is even less "original", not having the older "white with a matte finish" but the newer "white with the gloss finish".

So a current "white with gloss finish" cap and barrel combined with a black clip and nib.

The "original" as you call it was produced in an unknown and very limited number for an asian client (got this information from customer service by Lamy). So I rather would call the glossy Alpin the "original" and to this, it seems very close. Would be interesting to see the clip plug.

c.

Edited by christof

All my original Safaris were given away over 20 years ago, so no photos of "clip plugs".

I don't care what you call what.

I don't care whether it was a remake or original or whatever I may have cough cough uh cough ordereditfromaCPinJapan cough.

All my original Safaris were given away over 20 years ago, so no photos of "clip plugs".

I was not talking about your pens. I meant that it would be interesting to see the plug of the new version to compare with the Alpin. From all the old versions I have my own examples.

C.

Edited by christof

I don't care whether it was a remake or original or whatever I may have cough cough uh cough ordereditfromaCPinJapan cough.

And if one did such a thing, what would one have to pay?

And if one did such a thing, what would one have to pay?

Double what one usually does 😭😭😭