Help With Info About A Platinum 3776

speerbob

Hi, Can anyone help me with info about this Platinum 3776? I have Googled ever description of it I can think of and cannot find info. I think it's celluloid. Was it a limited edition? When was it made?. Is there a model name other than 3776? Any help would be great. Thanks, BOB

post-2030-0-29626800-1560083620_thumb.jpg

post-2030-0-36983300-1560083625_thumb.jpg

Check out my website at www.Speerbob.com

http://www.speerbob.com/ebay/SpeerbobBannersmall.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stan

• speerbob

• ethernautrix

• KyleClapton

Posted Images

It is one of the earlier 3776 models. Pattern was called pine needles if I recall. Came in two colors. Platinum stopped making them in the late 1990s. Seemed concurrent when they changed their formula for celluloid. Yes, real celluloid. Quite rare and very collectible today.

stan

Formerly Ryojusen Pens
The oldest and largest buyer and seller of vintage Japanese pens in America.

Member: Pen Collectors of America & Fuente, THE Japanese Pen Collectors Club

OMG! it is so beautiful. It is the first time I see that pattern in Platinum pen

:D Nice to meet you :D

• 2 years later...

@speerbob  Hi!

According to the "Fountain Pens of Japan" book , the 3776 series was introduced by Platinum in 1978, and the photo attached here describes a series of special finish 3776 designs from 1992- 1994, this is the only reference I found that is in any way close to the pine needle design .

The reference to the celluloid pattern models says there were 6 colors, including the Koi and Tortoise shell, and they were introduced in 1987.

image.thumb.png.b5a6da996111564522ab131103b0f1a5.pngI happen

•  
Reply to this topic...

Albums

• Replies 19
  • Created Oct 22
  • Last Reply Apr 19

Posted Images

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

• photo-thumb-23216.jpeg
      yazeh 4 May 18:25
      If you bought it from amazon, contact amazon. They will take care of it...
    • 1951377014_ASmugDillstoneseal.thumb.png.
      A Smug Dill 3 May 6:18
      @Kari Homan Shannon Platinum, as with the other major Japanese fountain pen brands, do not offer standalone or replacement nibs (or nib units, or gripping sections complete with nib and feed) as retail products. I have never heard of a retailer or repairer offering to source a second, spare, or replacement nib unit with which to supply its direct customer on demand, either.
      A Smug Dill 3 May 6:14
      @Kari Homan Shannon That almost beggars belief! You ordered a pen with a specific nib option, and the seller sends you a pen that is without a nib? Outrageous!
    • 827041334_profilephoto-3.thumb.jpg.c065d
      Kari Homan Shannon 3 May 6:02
      I ordered a century 3776 burgoine in double broad, but ordered it used off amazon for a better price. When I received it there was no nib, and the company that sold it, said they won't / can't ship just a nib, that I'll have to return it and pay full price for a new pen. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement, or does anyone have any course (double broad) nibs for this pen that will work? I've already emailed luxurybrandsusa but thought I'd see if anyone else knew where to look?
    • 869498193_ADM_Image_Marketing.thumb.png.
      Medina Marketing 3 May 4:34
      Thank you @jrdavis! I will check these online stores out and again thank you! fpn_smile.png
    • jrdavis 3 May 3:39
      @Medina Marketing Fountain Pen Hospital
    • jrdavis 3 May 3:38
      @Medina Marketing Appelboom, Cult Pens, Goldspot, Goulet, Anderson, Vanness
    • 869498193_ADM_Image_Marketing.thumb.png.
      Medina Marketing 3 May 3:28
      Hi, I'm new here and I wanted to ask if you can recommend the best online stores where you can by quality pens for someone who is starting out in this venture.
    • olson131 27 Apr 14:36
      Is there a market for Parker 41s ?
    • IMG_0678.thumb.jpg.4a0cc2879a92dc09210c7
      Miguel A Briones 26 Apr 20:19
      Hello everyone, I just registered here, so I am new here and really exited to start this new journey and get to know you
    • jrdavis 26 Apr 4:18
      @Jacqueline W. https://www.shibuiph.com/ Their cases are adjustable for various diameters.
    • jrdavis 26 Apr 4:16
      @Jacqueline W.
    • Avishek 23 Apr 22:04
      Hello where do I get one Parker Frontier nib in India
      A Smug Dill 22 Apr 21:12
      @Kari Homan Shannon FA nib = ‘Falcon’ nib for pens in the Pilot Custom product line. See https://www.pilot-custom.jp/en/feature/nib.html
      Kari Homan Shannon 22 Apr 20:45
      @Arizona Slim what is an FA nib? I've never heard of that (but I'm new!!!)
    • Anne-Sophie 22 Apr 17:53
      @Jacqueline W. Forum member, my63, makes bespoke leather pen cases, you can find many examples of his work and his website at the forum link below: https://www.fountainpennetwor...a-pen-case/page/88/#comments
    • 9tanks 22 Apr 17:48
      I got an old style Sailor 1911s in H-MF (Hard Mofo) nib. I am blown away. I did not enjoy the Pro Gear model, but this one is sweet.
      A Smug Dill 19 Apr 3:49
      @Arizona Slim I'm aware that Pilot Pen does not appear to officially distribute the C742 in the US, but that should mean if one is contemplating getting the C742 there, it would be either a grey import, or ordered directly from overseas, so there is no reason not to look at getting the CH912 in the same way. That should stop the CH912 from being much more expensive than the C742 in fair comparison.
      A Smug Dill 19 Apr 3:49
      @Arizona Slim The Pilot Custom 742 and Custom Heritage 912 have the same MSRP in Japan. The RRP (i.e. MSRP) for the models in Australia are not published by Pilot, but one of the listed authorised retailers have the CH912 listed quite a bit cheaper than the C742.
    • Arizona Slim 19 Apr 0:27
      I'm between a Pilot 912 with either an FA or Stub nib and a Pilot 742 with either a FA or stub nib. The 742 is much less expensive. I had a Falcon but the nib was not very flexible. Is the FA nib on either of these two pens more akin to a flex nib or would the stub nib be better for a caligraphic effect?
      A Smug Dill 18 Apr 17:25
      @Jacqueline W. If you're able to find stock of the old Visconti Dreamtouch leather cases (for 1, 2, 3, 6, or 12 pens), I can vouch that they're wonderful, and hold large pens such as the Platinum Izumo Tamenuri with ease. (I'm not sure if Visconti offers new/‘replacement’ models.) Failing that, maybe try an Esterbrook Pen Nook; but I'm still waiting to receive mine, before I can comment on the quality.
    • Jacqueline W. 18 Apr 16:29
      Hello everyone: can someone recommend me a good quality leather case for one single fountain pen (or 2 up to 5 pens) in which I could store oversize pens such as the Ranga Splendor model (Length capped: 17cm/ 6.7”; Width at section: 1.4cm/0.55”)? I'm having a hard time finding the adequate case... Thanks so much!
    • taylor71 16 Apr 21:25
      I am a new fountain pen user and owner just when the covi d 19 started… so I am just learning about this website and all so please be patient with me I realize there is much to learn and see at any rate today I am wondering if any of you have seen sailors 50 state ink for the state of Utah cause it seems I can get every other states colors but haven’t seen Utahs as of yet 🤓
      A Smug Dill 16 Apr 13:24
      @ItwasLuck I'm confident you'll find many of them browsing the Pelikan section https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/forum/42-pelikan/
    • photo-thumb-131799.jpg
      ItwasLuck 16 Apr 5:39
      Any vintage Pelikan collectors out there? Need some help with a 400 acquisition. Please PM me. Thank you!
    • seahorse412 15 Apr 8:39
      I have been looking for a Kaweco Fountain Pen that was released prior to me getting into the community. The color I'm trying to purchase is the Yellow Kaweco Sunrise that was a collaboration with Fontoplumo. It was suggested that I reach out to the network here. If you have one you are open to selling me or know someone or some place that has either, please let me know.
      A Smug Dill 15 Apr 2:44
      @Kari Homan Shannon Thank you! You can use the +Create button at the navigation bar at the top of each page, yes; or you can browse to the forum section (e.g. Inky Thoughts https://www.fountainpennetwor...orum/forum/5-inky-thoughts/) in which you want to start a thread, and click on the large blue ‘Start new topic’ button. large.1963423386_StartnewtopicbuttononInkyThoughtsindexpage.jpg.3c8f92f58abd3cc0d8d30d9162f0b9d8.jpg
      Kari Homan Shannon 14 Apr 18:42
      @a smug dill I didn't see your request.... I'm so sorry... How do I do that? Is it the "create" button at the top?
      A Smug Dill 14 Apr 2:21
      @Kari Homan Shannon I'm going to ask again, in case you didn't see my request I posted earlier in the week in your public feed on FPN. Please start a thread in the relevant section of the forum, so that the topic and members' contribution of information can be captured, and remain findable by others for years to come. Thanks!
    • Marcus Cato 14 Apr 0:16
      Hello
      Kari Homan Shannon 13 Apr 20:40
      @hauntedmyst I can't see a pic...my email is krazygirl28 at the hot of mail if you'd like to send it that way.....=)
    • 989027899_JHLogoReverse.thumb.jpg.686330
      HauntedMyst 13 Apr 20:38
      @HauntedMyst Doh! Can’t paste a pic in here 🤪
      Kari Homan Shannon 13 Apr 20:37
      @hauntedmyst lol very welcome.... It's totally easy to have 400$ in samples. I would stay away from any "soapberry" colors as they tend to clump, and your fluorescents will need to be pre-wet with rubbing etoh, so probably avoid those too. The "lakes" are actual stains, so I would say stick with micas and you should be good, and maybe test in "cheap" pen first....=)
      HauntedMyst 13 Apr 20:36
      @Kari Homan Shannon this is some Herbin Vert de Atlantic with Pearl Ex. You can see it it quite glittery.
      HauntedMyst 13 Apr 19:22
      @Kari Homan Shannon Thanks for TKB tip! It is much cheaper! I'll give it a shot. They have some amazing colors.
      Kari Homan Shannon 13 Apr 8:16
      @a smug dill Thanks!!! I'm new enough I've never heard of pennonia, so I'm off to wander down that rabbit hole!!!! 😃 Thanks for the info!!! I literally have pounds of micas from when I used to make and sell nail polish though, so I should probably start with what I already own!!!! hahaha
      Kari Homan Shannon 13 Apr 8:14
      @hauntedmyst BWAHAHA.... OMG I totally just saw that happening in my head. I mixed one tonight. It's pretty in a wet/bent nib, but I think I was still a little heavy handed because it seems quite dry now, so I might have to dial it back a bit.... You can get micas from tkb and sample sizes at that, and they are much cheaper than pearl-ex.... Just fyi.... I really appreciate the help and the cuticle pusher idea, is awesome, and exactly the kind of guidance / expertise I need... THANK YOU!!!
      A Smug Dill 13 Apr 3:10
      Pennonia sells shimmer additives that are specifically for fountain pen use. That does not answer the question of particle size, or other physical and chemical properties of the shimmer particles, but there is really no need to, if one only wants to result of adding visual interest to some subjectively dull inks. That is the obvious solution, and one that deliberately doesn't worry about trying to control from which supplier, the breadth of types, the cost of acquisition, etc.
      HauntedMyst 13 Apr 2:09
      @Kari Homan Shannon I've used Pearl Ex pigments and they worked very well. I mixed them up in 5ml tester bottles. It's hard to describe how little you need. I use a cuticle trimmer tool and only use the last little edge of the tool to pick it up. Don't sneeze, the pigment gets everywhere!
      Kari Homan Shannon 12 Apr 19:25
      @sailor lol. Indeed. I think maybe the shimmer I was trying to use was hydrophobic, so I might try just a smidge of dish soap or something to break the surface tension.
    • photo-thumb-13111.gif
      Sailor Kenshin 11 Apr 20:41
      @kari…and you have to shake like mad!
      Kari Homan Shannon 10 Apr 19:36
      @sailor, thanks for the reply.... what I've tried so far has only sat on top of the solution, instead of even integrating enough _to_ settle... I will try artists pigment, thanks!!!
    • photo-thumb-13111.gif
      Sailor Kenshin 10 Apr 18:20
      Kari, even the commercial shimmer inks separate. In the past I've used artist shimmer pigment and even loose eye shadow!
      Kari Homan Shannon 10 Apr 5:51
      Hi everyone, I'm new as of a day ago, I'm from Texas, and have been using fp's long enough that I remember trying to use food coloring in high school!!! Lol. Now I'm interested in adding shimmer / glitter to some of my more unappealing inks, and was wondering if 1) does anyone know what nm/particle size and 2) how to get it to incorporate into the suspension vs just sitting on top? Thanks for any info, and glad to meet fellow fp'ers. 😃
    • seahorse412 9 Apr 4:38
      @asmugdill - Thank you!
      A Smug Dill 9 Apr 4:32
      @seahorse412 Welcome to FPN. If you want to ask about Kaweco pens in particular, then https://www.fountainpennetwor...rum/143-other-brands-europe/ is probably the best place to put your question in front of the 'right' eyeballs. Otherwise, https://www.fountainpennetwor...ountain-dip-pens-first-stop/ will probably do for now.
    • seahorse412 9 Apr 3:17
      Hi everyone, I'm new to the network. I introduced myself on the Introductions thread. Where is the best place on the network to ask about a pen I'm searching for? Thank you, Matt
    • photo-thumb-131799.jpg
      ItwasLuck 8 Apr 10:41
      Hello everyone, anyone know if it’s possible to still get some MB Midnight Blue (105194)? Ran out and really need a bottle.
      A Smug Dill 8 Apr 4:57
      @Kari Homan Shannon Even Colorverse only published particle size information for its pigment inks, but not glistening/shimmer inks. (I think it has stopped doing even that for new pigment inks in its Office series.)
      A Smug Dill 8 Apr 4:44
      @Kari Homan Shannon Please do start a new topic in https://www.fountainpennetwor...rum/forum/31-introductions/, it's what that subforum is for. As far particle size, few ink manufacturers publish that information, and I don't know too many enthusiasts with both the equipment and the keenness to take and publish measurements of their own.
      Kari Homan Shannon 7 Apr 22:17
      Hello, everyone I'm new.... It says to introduce myself, but short of starting a new topic, I don't see anywhere to type, so thought I'd say hey here.... so.... Hey.... Lol. I joined on the recommendation of goulet, when I asked about particle / nanometer size for glitter in shimmer inks, and they recommended y'all.
    • 1056890106_NewBMW005-001.thumb.jpg.e500c
      Patshubby 25 Mar 14:15
      @TimFitz @TimFitz
    • Anne-Sophie 19 Mar 23:40
      @TimFitz Your best bet is to post a picture on this forum https://www.fountainpennetwor...paper-and-pen-paraphernalia/ and see what people knowledgeable about writing slopes tell you.
    • Anne-Sophie 19 Mar 23:11
      @artist102 use the brand name forums, where you can post a picture of the pens you have. Collectors of those brand will be able to tell if something is amiss, but for a thorough evaluation and best value, you might want to buy the best reference book for each brand.
    • TimFitz 19 Mar 5:46
      I repair and collect antique writing slope traviling slope desks, I have done at least 20. The one I am working on now has an travel inkwell different than any I have seen. It has a glass bottle with a brass cap. The top was held to the well with what looks like plaster. Can anyone give me information on what to use to replace the plaster or what it might be they used? Thanks
    • Avatar.thumb.png.b729b40738fa164492ee861
      InkyKitten 18 Mar 16:27
      @A Smug Dill thanks for letting me know. I'm constantly concerned about this, as I don't have many opportunities to use my non-black-ink fountain pens, so I worry about the inks inside them going bad fpn_wacko.png
      A Smug Dill 18 Mar 15:10
      @InkyKitten Ink can indeed age and change in its performance just by being in a pen’s ink reservoir for “too long”. Usually it is through evaporation, which can still happen even if a pen is properly capped. Other things too can happen to some inks; for example, iron-gall content may become oxidised and/or precipitate out. In case you’re going to ask, there is no simple, generic, measured answer to, “How long is ‘too long’?” that applies to all inks in all pens.
    • 97EE9AAD-9BF3-4E18-AB7E-205F3FCFB0DB.thu
      Mercian 17 Mar 13:22
      @andyv108 I don’t know whether any such list exists. I doubt that companies publcly name their ‘sub-contractors’. In any case, it would need to be updated every time any company changed its ink supplier. If you want to know about a particular ink, you might be able to find out by asking ‘Does anybody know which company makes ink x for company ‘y?’ on the ‘Inky Thoughts forum.
    • photo-thumb-6136.jpg
      andyv108 17 Mar 2:01
      Can someone direct me to the list that indicates the source company for ink brands that don't manufacture their own?
      Mercian 15 Mar 17:20
      Also, wrt recipes, a good place to start is at https://www.fountainpennetwor...orum/forum/126-inky-recipes/ 👍
      Mercian 15 Mar 16:57
      @InkyKitten I advise you to start a thread on one of the boards here about the problem that you are having with your pen. It gives us more space to ask questions & then give answers that will enable you to solve your problem.
      InkyKitten 15 Mar 13:54
      Can ink become old in a pen and change quality? I have an issue with a previously well writing dry pen suddenly becoming a wet and bleeding one.
      InkyKitten 15 Mar 13:40
      Hello Jahne, where do you find those recipes? That sounds like it would be really interesting, and I would love to try it.
    • Jahne 15 Mar 0:45
      I make my own ink using the recipe found in the diaries of Isaac Newton. Takes a bit of effort, but worth it.
    • artist102 14 Mar 23:59
      A relative found a trove of vintage and antique fountain pens in their attic and wants my help in getting a fair price for them. Can anyone direct me to a thread that might help me in this quest? I can easily identify the pens but am not up to assessing whether they are in working/repairable state or whether the nibs are good as nibs or just scrap.
    • photo-thumb-13111.gif
      Sailor Kenshin 14 Mar 20:14
      Try standard international cartridges on a Stypen.
      Mercian 14 Mar 16:50
      There is a thread on here from 2007 that said that Creeks N Creeks pens were a 1950s brand that was made under licence by Stypen. If that’s correct, I would expect them to take the same carts as 1950s Stypen pens did. I personally have no idea what those were. Sorry.
    • jacb 14 Mar 16:15
      What make of cartridge do I need for a Creeks N Creeks pen? I have tried Cross, Pilot, Lamy, Parker!
      Mercian 13 Mar 15:30
      That thread does include many turquoise inks as well, but the teal/petrol ones should be in there. Good luck 👍
      Mercian 13 Mar 15:28
      There is also a thread devoted to showing teal/petrol inks. It is at https://www.fountainpennetwor...s-and-tell-us-your-thoughts/
      Mercian 13 Mar 15:26
      Scroll down that thread to look at the comparison grid of nine inks.
      Mercian 13 Mar 15:21
      For inks that are similar to Montblanc Petrol Blue, you could start by reading https://www.fountainpennetwor...-year-2019/#comment-4226742.
    • Surendran Damodaran 13 Mar 13:01
      Hi ,could anybody suggest the equivalent color of petrol blue by Mont blanc or any other deep blue with a tinge of green that does not look as pale as the turquoises available and not as dark as the blue blacks...i mean a rich deep blue with a green tinge but still on the bluer side
      A Smug Dill 1 Mar 19:19
      @Detman101 The problem with the images in which @rmuth is interested, is that I don't think @caliken's Photobucket account is ‘active’ any more; or Ken may have intentionally removed those images from Photobucket's servers at some point. Requesting those images by putting the URLs directly into the browser's address bar results in a broken-image placeholder. If the previously hosted images have been removed, then there is no getting around the obstacle to access.
      A Smug Dill 1 Mar 19:15
      @Detman101 That's not really the point of @rmuth's request, though; and it's not true that Photobucket is denying access to unpaid uploads. See https://www.fountainpennetwor...ges-from-early-fpn-reviews/; Photobucket images previously embedded in FPN posts by hotlinking can still be retrieved today, provided they're still actually hosted there.
    • 1501426118_DepecheModeLogoPic.thumb.jpg.
      Detman101 1 Mar 18:58
      @rmuth Photobucket is dead. not only are there other free options out there that are better, photobucket has denied access to all unpaid uploads from previous years.
    • photo-thumb-124968.jpeg
      nweissma 20 Feb 17:41
      @CudaPrime
    • Chirag Bel 20 Feb 11:07
      Anyone up to swap their Pilot's Fine nib to a Medium connect with me!
    • rmuth 19 Feb 0:49
      I'm not able to access any of the photobuckets on this thread. The links appear to be dead. I would love to see the full alphabet for Zapf Italic #71 http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd289/caliken_2007/Zapfone400.jpg http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd289/caliken_2007/Zapftwo400.jpg Edited July 20, 2012 by caliken Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Randy
    • bplaskoff 18 Feb 23:10
      Hi All! Have a beautiful Visconti 18k 2 Tone Kaleido Voyager! Problem is…I want a medium. Anyone wanna trade?
    • admin.thumb.jpg.874a3fba55e1722575fc596d
      Darthagnon 16 Feb 14:56
      Anyone ever had a Parker 45 feed/nib pop out by itself? I uncapped mine to find it had, not sure why (gas buildup from ink? but then that would have popped the ink bottle by now)
    • Kiineo 16 Feb 4:56
      Anyone have an OMAS Paragon they don't mind parting with? 🙂
    • Parkranger 16 Feb 1:48
      Anybody have a line on a Montblanc .9mm pencill.
    • Kiineo 15 Feb 18:41
      @CudaPrime Hello! Some people also sell their pens on subreddit called r/Pen_Swap
      A Smug Dill 15 Feb 2:19
      @CudaPrime There _are_. There is a (sub)forum titled The Mall, which is available to premium members to use to post ads. There is also a Classifieds sections, but that is not working right now.
    • CudaPrime 15 Feb 0:49
      I have some pens I would like to sell but don't care much for eBay. They're all in good shape and barely used, but I haven't the slightest idea where a good place to look at selling them would be. I thought FPN would have a forum or something devoted posting such things, no?
    • photo-thumb-100955.jpg
      theexpanciluser 8 Feb 0:02
      what happened to the classifieds? When will they come back?
    • mccorscott 6 Feb 19:59
      Is the trim on an Esterbrook J made of stainless steel, or is it chrome plated?
    • photo-thumb-119654.jpg
      hood Today 23:01
      @Jean-ClaudeF Here are some forum threads talking about it:- https://www.fountainpennetwor...parker-45-dating-characters/
    • photo-thumb-119654.jpg
      hood Today 23:01
      @Jean-ClaudeF It's an example sold in the Italian market, there was a period where counterfeit Parkers in Italy becaome a problem and Parker started stamping pens with a serial number and supplying with a certificate of authenticity which had the matching serial number printed on it. I have seen examples of the P45, P75, P85, P61 and P51 with these sort of serial numbers on them sold in Italy.
      Mercian Today 1:16
      Codes on the grip-section of a 45? My guess would be that a previous owner had the number added. No numbers were engraved on grip-sections by Parker.
    • 3manypens 2 Feb 19:45
      Serial numbers were associated with service warranties. Schaffer's white dot upsell should be similar. My guess is an upcharge was paid for free servicing as needed.
    • admin.thumb.jpg.874a3fba55e1722575fc596d
      Darthagnon 2 Feb 14:49
      Serial number on a Parker 45? I own 2 and gave another to a friend; no serial numbers or date codes that I could find on any of mine. Yours must be special. Care to post photos?
    • Jean-ClaudeF 1 Feb 14:44
      just bought a Parker 45 fountain pen with a serial number in gold on the nib section; any explanation regarding the serial number?
    • Lora C. 30 Jan 17:59
      Just got a Diplomat Aero EF nib. Love the nib, the pen ergo not so much. I've seen that the Excellence and Aero nibs can be exchanged, but are they the same nib? Anyone?
    • Teresa Foong 25 Jan 15:35
      Hi all, I am seeking some advice about my pen which I got as a gift about 10 years ago. It is a Stefano Ricci brown crocodile leather fountain pen. It has never been used before and the leather is in excellent condition. I still have the original warranty card and box. I’m wondering how much is it’s current value? Thanks very much! 😀
    • 726mdsn 24 Jan 8:24
      awa54, thanks for the info. In the meantime I found one from pentooling.com at the price of $51.00!
      A Smug Dill 23 Jan 9:18
      @emrebugra https://www.fountainpennetwor...ountain-dip-pens-first-stop/ (Whoops, I see you've already found it since.)
    • emrebugra 23 Jan 5:32
      hello. I have a pen that I want to know more about, where can I post it?
    Load More
  • Files

• Today's Birthdays

1. Aeltar
      Aeltar
      (31 years old)
    2. ancoat
      (62 years old)
    3. anlezark
      anlezark
      (40 years old)
    4. Blerkz
      (27 years old)

Copyright © 2004-2021 The Fountain Pen Network Powered by Invision Community

• 2 months later...

Hi Bob.

Here’s my post from 2008 that answers your question.  (Sorry for being late to the party).

It sounds like you found a Platinum PTB-30000, one of the celluloid ringu or ring pens. There are a couple displayed in the catalog library at Platinum Place's website:

http://www.platinumplace.tc/Library5.htm

I have the cha ringu or brown (tea-colored) ringed version #23. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine!

6 hours ago, tutelman said:

Unfortunately, platinumplace.tc is long dead. Here's the last archived version from the Internet Wayback Machine, which does include an image of the Platinum catalog page: http://web.archive.org/web/20070902121630/http://www.platinumplace.tc/Library5.htm

My pens for sale: https://www.facebook.com/jaiyen.pens