First Pen I Bought Waterman Phileas

omarcenaro

After much searching in my house and my mothers I finally found the first fountain pens I bought. I knew they were Waterman but did not remember what model. I bought them from Levenger back in the late 90's early 2000's. I had been given a Levenger all metal fountain pen that I think was modeled after one of the founding fathers or some famous person's walking stick but I do not remember who. Maybe one of our experts here will be able to tell me.

post-141133-0-63567000-1559966064_thumb.jpg

After that gift I received the Levenger catalog and I bought 3 of the Waterman Phileas pens, Gray (M nib), Green (M nib) and Blue Marble (F nib). I found two of the three boxes but found all three of the old-style convertors with the metal end.

post-141133-0-09631000-1559966094_thumb.jpg

Edited by omarcenaro

None of us knows how long he shall live or when his time will come. But soon all that will be left of our brief lives is the pride our children feel when they speak our names.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• omarcenaro

• wvbeetlebug

• Misfit

• Erik Dalton

Great pens. The first is a Levenger Neuton. I don’t remember the silver color. Mine is copper colored and the other is gold. Really hefty pen, well balanced, nice writers.

The Phileas is hands down one of the most comfortable pens to write with. So many on here have fond memories of a Phileas taking them through the school years. today prices are in excess of $100 for NOS.

Enjoy your pens..

Thank you Old Salt. No wonder I could not find anything on a Benjamin Franklin walking stick fountain pen, Lol. I remember now that Levenger had acquired Sir Issac Newtons cane back then.

On the Phileas I am about to ink them all up. The Blue one was never inked. The Green and Gray I am soaking now to clean the dried ink. Looks like that section hold tons of ink. Taking forever seeing that the nib and feed don't pull out.

None of us knows how long he shall live or when his time will come. But soon all that will be left of our brief lives is the pride our children feel when they speak our names.

Oh I’m jealous of your gray Phileas, the Indus named for the river. I have an Amazon green Phileas.

Posted Image

One of my pen regrets. I had four of them (green, blue, red, and clear) and sold them, now they are double (sometimes triple in price).

:happycloud9:

Cathy L. Carter

Live. Love. Write.

Oh I’m jealous of your gray Phileas, the Indus named for the river. I have an Amazon green Phileas.

Very intersting thank you for the information on the name.

One of my pen regrets. I had four of them (green, blue, red, and clear) and sold them, now they are double (sometimes triple in price).

Wow a clear demonstrator. That would be cool to see.

I just now looked up the prices on them and they are expensive.

All inked up.

post-141133-0-62674400-1560128304_thumb.jpg

I wrote with Green Marble M nib (broad) Monday at work. It is a nice wet writer. Nice and smooth with a little of feedback. However today I wrote with the Blue Marble M nib which was new in the box for the last 19 years. It was silky smooth. No feedback and it just glided across regular copier paper all day. I used the Gray Marble F nib as well and that was smooth as butter as well. For a rather inexpensive fountain pen back in its day they wrote extremely well. Very happy.

Cheers,

Ozzy

• 2 weeks later...

Wow a clear demonstrator. That would be cool to see.

I just now looked up the prices on them and they are expensive.

I am pretty sure that the clear one is a Waterman Kultur. Widely available in Europe. Yes. The prices have gone up considerably, but every now and then one will surface at a reasonable price.

:happycloud9:

Cathy L. Carter

Live. Love. Write.