Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Goldberry - Green With Gold Shimmer

LindseyD

This is mix of Robert Osters heart of gold and noodlers polar blue. The result is a seaweedy/ forest green with gold shimmer and its very fast drying and water resistant. Bear in mind Im using a fairly absorbent paper because its what I have.

post-150478-0-03101500-1559862898_thumb.jpeg

post-150478-0-71856000-1559862951_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dennis_f

• Sinistral1

• LindseyD

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Goldberry... like the Tolkien character?!? That is the PERFECT name for this.

This is a great shade of green. I love it.

D.

Yep! She is my absolute favorite Tolkien character. When I make the ink test pages (lol, not sure what to call those yet) I like to write a quote that the ink reminds me of. I knew she was the perfect muse.

Thank you! I was going for more of a forest green but its growing on me for sure. I love the gold shimmer in it. Ill have to post an updated pic when I get my tomoe paper in.

Edited by LindseyD

Love that color green, and the gold shimmer is a real bonus, too. Does the gold smear after the ink had dried?

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Yep! She is my absolute favorite Tolkien character. When I make the ink test pages (lol, not sure what to call those yet) I like to write a quote that the ink reminds me of. I knew she was the perfect muse.

Thank you! I was going for more of a forest green but its growing on me for sure. I love the gold shimmer in it. Ill have to post an updated pic when I get my tomoe paper in.

On my screen the green is dark (with a hint of forest green for sure), but there's a bit of an olive hue to it, which is what I tend to like. It gives it some subtlety and some character. "Seaweedy" is an apt description. Even without the gold shading (what a great ink for xmas cards!) it's a great colour.

I think you are the first person I've ever encountered who lists Goldberry as her favourite character! I think most people tend to shy away from that portion of the book, and she tends to disappear as a result. This colour is a perfect homage.