Pen Sites In Firenze

DrAtomic

I have the good fortune to be traveling through Italy for a few weeks with a nice stay planned in Firenze. I was hoping to take in some pen sites since Visconti, Stipula, and Pineider are all sourced from there, but I have no idea what a visit would entail. I assume they all have store fronts (Googled Visconti's already, but less luck with Stipula and Pineider).

I've perused the forums to see where others have gone while visiting and there are some wonderful discussions on local pen shops that I'll have to visit (if they are still around, which seems to be a thing).

Any suggestions for an ink loving traveler?

Thanks!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrAtomic

• Ceelo

• fpupulin

• Carrau

Top Posters In This Topic

Casa della Stilografica is in Firenze-not sure if they have a storefront or whether they are only a web store.

Casa della Stilografica:

Via Cavour 43R

phone +39 055.214970

Pineider:

Firenze, Piazza De’ Rucellai, 4/7 r

phone +39 055.284656

Mon. – Sat. 10.00 – 19.00

Thank you for the info and addresses! I had read that Casa Della Stilografica had closed, so it's good to see the storefront with their name on it.

I really wanted to visit Stipula as I sent an older Etruria in for repair some months ago and I was hoping to pay it a visit. Unlikely, I know, but it's worth a shot.

All these within walking distance. Although my satchel might be a bit fuller after...

I'm not sure if Stipula has a storefront. But the company seems to be working on improvements as far as communication goes. They recently went on Instagram, and they are launching a new website (still under construction since some functions are not working yet). The old website literally wasn't been updated for 8 years or so.

They have replied on my Instagram messages so you can try to organize a visit through there, or, email them at stipulapens@gmail.com (a new email adress).

EDIT: or try to talk to a store like Stylograph Corsani who has worked with stipula for a long time so they meight know a way to visit it

Edited by RubenDh

Sounds like a great trip. I would check out a fellow members site that lists great reference material for a number of stores that may be up your alley http://www.marcuslink.com/pens/

Edited by CeeElle

Short cuts make delays, but inns make longer ones.
Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring, A Short Cut to Mushrooms

Sounds like a great trip. I would check out a fellow members site that lists great reference material for a number of stores that may be up your alley http://www.marcuslink.com/pens/

Thanks for the tip and link. Unfortunately, all the shops listed in Italy are in Rome and I'll be spending time in Florence/Tuscany. There seem to be a lot of shops/crafters in Florence, which makes for a day of web searching.

Thanks again for the tip

Like Ruben Dh, I agree you’ll have a hard time finding a Stipula storefront. Idea Primo srl. is the umbrella company that operates Stipula. They have an office in Firenze.

When I recently had a Stipula Vedo repaired, their communications with me stated the pen repair shop AND the production facility were both at via delle Acacia 4, Vallina (Bagno a Ripoli) which is just east of Firenze. No guarantee you can visit, but worth a call if you’re in the neighbourhood.

We’re just back from a couple of weeks in Arezzo - enjoy Toscana!

Thanks for the tip and link. Unfortunately, all the shops listed in Italy are in Rome and I'll be spending time in Florence/Tuscany. There seem to be a lot of shops/crafters in Florence, which makes for a day of web searching.

Thanks again for the tip

Are you sure you looked at the right page? Look about half way down this page http://www.marcuslink.com/pens/stores2.html

Short cuts make delays, but inns make longer ones.
Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring, A Short Cut to Mushrooms

• 3 weeks later...

CeeElle, You were right, I was looking at the summary of the travels, not the page with the actual sites.

That said, I did visit some of the shops in Marseille, Aux en Provence, Florence, and even Venice. The highlights were the Pineider storefront in Florence, along with Casa della Stilografica (two locations, right across the street from each other!). Both shops had interesting pens, but I didn't see one that tickled my fancy so I escaped unscathed. I already had what I wanted from Pineider, but the shop was a delight to peruse.

Tendances in Marseilles was also a delight and had a fantastic selection of pens. I almost got a Visconti Medici, but I was hoping to do that in Italy so I held off. Little did I know that they were sold out in all the Italian shops I visited. Makaire Ecriture in Aux en Provence was also a delightful store with a wide selection of pens that was well worth the visit.

Sadly, I didn't get a grail pen at any of the shops to commemorate the visit. I'll have to do that on the next trip.

Now I need to do some research on where to visit in Denmark!

Thanks for all the valuable info and suggestions.