Visconti Vacuum Fillers With Ink Window?

PotatoJesus

I posted on Reddit, but I always get a bit more thoughtful answers and reponses on here. So I have a Homosapiens Bronze Age and I really enjoy using the pen, but the only annoyance is 9 times out of 10 it runs out of ink when I'm out of the house,and while I know there is the traveling inkwell (which I have) the fact that it is made out of glass and as broken on me in the past makes me a unwilling to take it out the house in my bag (ik about the pineider inkwell, I think I'm going to get one to replace the Visconti one). So right now I'm considering just getting a different Visconti that allows me to keep an eye on the ink level. Ideally it would not be a limited edition and would be pretty easy to get on r/pens_swap or ebay as I am looking to buy used.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PotatoJesus

• PAKMAN

• carlos.q

• sirgilbert357

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a non LE Visconti Demonstrator that lets me see ink to the last drop. Some of the newer HomoSapians pens are paterned but you can see the ink level easily in them.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I have a non LE Visconti Demonstrator that lets me see ink to the last drop. Some of the newer HomoSapians pens are paterned but you can see the ink level easily in them.

The only demonstrator I could find is the Visconti Opera Crystal Demonstrator which was limited to 1000 pens, I looked on the Visconti website but it only seems to have 3 models of homosapiens all of which dont have ink windows. Its really looking like the only ones where you can get a glimpse of the ink level seem to be their special editions -_- . I guess I should get the pinider inkwell and call it a day

... I guess I should get the pinider inkwell and call it a day

Or you can fill up your pen before you leave the house. This is the same problem that I have with other pens without ink windows like Esterbrooks or other lever fillers.

Another option is to always carry a second pen.

I guess I should get the pinider inkwell and call it a day

I just got one and it is pretty legit. It fills my Pilot 823 completely full. For pens with out an ink window, you can use the markings on the side to see how much ink went into your pen. Well worth the money I paid for it!

Edited by sirgilbert357

Or you can fill up your pen before you leave the house. This is the same problem that I have with other pens without ink windows like Esterbrooks or other lever fillers.

Another option is to always carry a second pen.

Filling up the pen before leaving the house everyday is tedious, I would just prefer to know when it is getting low and fill up then. Anyways I do carry a second pen but I enjoy the Visconti feel/ experience but don't care to get another visconti pen unless it's a reasonable price for me and offers a peek at the ink. ( Don't mean to sound snarky or anything just kinda bummed out that the pens that could give me the writing experience I want are much out of my price range)

I just got one and it is pretty legit. It fills my Pilot 823 completely full. For pens with out an ink window, you can use the markings on the side to see how much ink went into your pen. Well worth the money I paid for it!

Yeah this is sounding ideal, the fact that the rubber compresses on to the pen makes it better that how the traveling inkwell works. I continually have an issue when I try to fill from the inkwell after pushing the plunger out the grip the rubber had on the pen isn't good enough and ink spills out 😓. Might go home tonight and just put the darn thing up for sale.

Edited by PotatoJesus

If you are happy to check the ink level before leaving in the morning then buy a decent set of scales measuring to tenths of a gram, preferably ones which come with a calibration weight. Weigh your pen empty and after filling (three times each and take the medians). Thereafter, dropping the pen onto the scales in the morning will tell you how full it is going into the day.

edit: really you need only the empty weight beforehand. The "full" weight is an indicator of practical capacity.

Edited by praxim

X

I can almost always tell that my pen is soon out of ink, when the flow gets heavier, and it becomes quite a wet writer. I don't prefer ink windows in most pens, because they break the aesthetics of the barrel. But of course that's a matter of personal preference. I know for many, an ink window is a must-have.