Wing Sung Vacuum Filler Pens - Guess At What Price?

penzel_washinkton

Don't know if you guys have noticed this. Posted on Bobby which is arguably our favorite Chinese based fountain pen seller:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxymyYNj_hV/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet

Specs are still unknown, probably a standard #5 nib, available with the shut-off valves etc.

What caught my eyes is the caption which if true, then the price will be less than $10.

Hopefully at that price I'm not getting a limp acrylic.

Edited by penzel_washinkton

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penzel_washinkton

• JollyCynic

• goodpens

• Cyclohexene

it kind of looking like they re use the 698 feed and nib which would be well , Pilot MR/Prera/Kaküno spec .. personally I would be more interested in a vacumatic piston pump variant that use normal open nib , you know , like the Parker original , Pilot or Lamy style Nib would be fine but a No.6 spec nib would be even better

Edited by Mech-for-i

it kind of looking like they re use the 698 feed and nib which would be well , Pilot MR/Prera/Kaküno spec .. personally I would be more interested in a vacumatic piston pump variant that use normal open nib , you know , like the Parker original , Pilot or Lamy style Nib would be fine but a No.6 spec nib would be even better

Well, I was surprised that it is even a vacuum filler at that price point!

The piston seems quite thin though

• 2 weeks later...
Hopefully at that price I'm not getting a limp acrylic.

Hopefully at that price I'm getting a WS 698 quality vacuum filler with a shut-off valve.

Add lightness and simplicate.

Is Bobby's ChinesePen Etsy shop showing as non-existent for everyone else?

Edited to say it's working fine this morning, must have been a glitch.

Edited by JollyCynic

Considering the Penbbs vacuum pen is around 25-30 eur, under 10 usd sounds very tempting, at least to give the mechanism an affordable try. If the quality is near WS 698, then it will be the first vac pen to many people.

There's a few interesting things I've noticed about the Wing Sung. The piston head isn't beveled, it's a flat ring. This could make it difficult to flush as drawing back the piston could be difficult with liquid in it. It also doesn't appear to have a reservoir shut-off, so ink flow will be interesting to see. But that's all visual speculation and might very well be wrong. What I like, though, is the different colours they appear to be doing, rather than just the transparent injection-moulded plastic. I'd love to order one and give it a try.

Ticks a lot of boxes for me! Though I would wait for the 2nd or 3rd batch if not an entire revision/rehaul of the design for them to work out all the kinks.

Knowing Wing Sung, there will be a large gap in time between the first and the next batch.

• 2 weeks later...

Huge update regarding the Wing Sung Vacuum Filler.

Here is the link to Bobby's Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/By-Z9cNDJ-k/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

From what I see, it has a nib with engraved / etched in-house by Wing Sung but it is using the Pilot style no.5 nib.

It seems that as other vacuum filler pens, these will use a shut-off valve.

What intrigues me is it seems Bobby wants to sell these pens on Ali*xpress first instead of his E*sy / E*ay shops?

We shall find out tomorrow / next week.

Edited by penzel_washinkton

These are available now only on the AE site, and appear to be very few pens. The nibs say WINGS which implies the Victo Green Stationery Wing Sung, but Bobby hasn't listed the model number. I assume the wet M nib will be a nib-swap from one of his other nib selections. His AE site can be found by using the link to Bobby's Instagram above. Click on Products to show all products, and then sort by New. If the first listing is the B5 fountain pen, then he's probably sold out.

Might be not, I am not seeing it on JL and Green stationary's own site but I see this posted as Wing Sung 3013 on various Retail and the nib is properly stamped " WING SUNG " suggesting Wing Sung Education behind the distribution, but seeing that this might be just the initial batches it might be that both WSE and Vikto would had their own version of the pen, not that uncommon, several Wing Sung Pen got that too

Is Wing Sung Education the company that makes 3008?

Anyway the prices on ebay seemed a bit steep. In the end, the pen is a self-filler and I am not sure the price is justified if one already has a piston filler of similar calibre.