Endlesspens Has Some Great Deals...don't Know How They Do It

Callinewbie

EndlessPens (@EndlessPens / #EndlessPens) has some great deals...don't know how they do it :-)

Have to figure out how they price their stuff this low.

Amazing deals - Bunch of waterman inks and Lamy pens to go with the inks.

post-149489-0-92663100-1558368239_thumb.jpeg

post-149489-0-81294100-1558368248_thumb.jpeg

post-149489-0-37499400-1558368256_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ParkerDuofold

• XYZZY

• City74

• aecombs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree, great prices, great service. I've ordered three times and have been very satisfied.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Yup I can't complain, Savannah is very friendly and is always on hand to help me with answering questions, really like what this new company is doing bringing pens to the masses!!!!

Back in December when we were ogling the EndlessPens Christmas sale and wondering how they do it I checked out their "About Us" page, copy/pasted a tiny bit from there. https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/341928-safari-for-115-m405-stresemann-for-215/?p=4141007

Their current About Us page no longer talks about bypassing the importers. Maybe the products are grey market, maybe not. People are generally positive about Endless Pens support, so if I give up support from an importer in return for lower prices and good support from the retailer, then there's that.

What they still talk about, and what I still find interesting, is the claim that building their own web presence instead of building on a platform gives significant cost savings. I believe that gives them some cost saves (as well as expenses), but I'm skeptical that the price difference between EndlessPens and the other online retailers can be attributed solely to fees that the others pay to their platforms.

I have no affiliation with them other than being a happy customer.

I've seen other companies like Goulet that employ 40+ people, so their overhead costs must be very high, I guess companies just starting out are still small and can offer lower prices...anyways I'll take advantage of it for now!!

Just placed an order with them this morning. If all goes well I will go back and buy 3-4 other pens that have good prices on. Their M405 Stressman price is amazing

I bought a Pelikan M805 from them that appears to have early failure of the section-to-barrel solvent. It is on it's way back to them for warranty service. We'll see how it goes. Communication has been very good so far. Between me and a very respected nibmeister, we've ruled out the nib itself, so I'm hoping they do the right thing and swap the barrel. If they do, I'll buy my next Pelikan from them for sure and they may just get my other pen-buying business too. It can be hard to find a good online retailer with excellent prices these days...

I bought a Pelikan M805 from them that appears to have early failure of the section-to-barrel solvent. It is on it's way back to them for warranty service. We'll see how it goes. Communication has been very good so far. Between me and a very respected nibmeister, we've ruled out the nib itself, so I'm hoping they do the right thing and swap the barrel. If they do, I'll buy my next Pelikan from them for sure and they may just get my other pen-buying business too. It can be hard to find a good online retailer with excellent prices these days...

Hi SG,

Please let us know how it goes... it's their warranty system that concerns me...

https://endlesspens.com/pages/warrenty

It seems like the manufacturer's warranties are automatically void... and I'd like to if it's because these are gray market pens... or something worse... like seconds, reconditioned returns, etc.

That said, I couldn't resist getting another CP-1 for only $35, so I grabbed one as a "preliminary purchase" like City74.

Be well... and in the words of the Immortal Scoob... rots a ruck. :)

Keep us posted.

- Anthony

I just ordered 2 bottles of Waterman purple and 2 bottles of washable blue Parker.

They'll end up giveaways, probably. I couldn't resist for the price, even with shipping.

Just got the Lamy Al Star and Lamy leather pen sleeve I ordered from Endless. Both are new and not seconds and I got them 3 days after I ordered. I’m going back thus holiday weekend to get more.

Just got the Lamy Al Star and Lamy leather pen sleeve I ordered from Endless. Both are new and not seconds and I got them 3 days after I ordered. Im going back thus holiday weekend to get more.

Hi City,

Thanks... good to know. :thumbup:

My $35 CP-1 is due on Tuesday,... but I couldn't resist... I threw caution to the wind and ordered three Pelikans.

Lamy Safari's for $14... :o ...almost makes me wish I didn't already have them... just so I could buy them at this price.

- Anthony

The only pen that I have bought from them is a Leonardo Momento Zero (flawless pen, by the way). Their prices on those seem similar to other stores prices. Leonardo is known to not use distributors, so Endless Pens had no advantage, I assume that's why the similar prices.

I do find their pre-order prices weird though. The acrylic MZ is a ballpark $150 pen, but Endless Pens does things like list it at $200 but tell you right there what the secret coupon code is to get 25% off, thus bringing it down to the market price.

Just to follow-up...

I pulled the trigger because while I've read a lot of "if it quacks like a duck" speculation... I've yet to read any negative comments from actual customers... so I'll take a leap... and I paid through PayPal, so it was more of a hop than a leap. :)

- A.C.

One thing about their preorder agreement: you are agreeing that they take your money up front, they have 120 days in which to ship the product to you, and you cannot cancel before 120 days. I didn't realize that at first, I was careless and assumed the agreement was going to be "normal" and just clicked the "yes I agree" button. In hindsight, I have no idea what "normal" is for pre ordering a fountain pen. That might be normal. But once I realized it, and that they had my money, and I had agreed to a timeframe longer than PayPal's, I was nervous.

They shipped at about 60 days and the pen was great. But if I do a pre order with them again I'll pay with a credit card that i know can go to bat for me.

If they could improve it would be on communication. I asked about status at 30 days, they promptly replied that pens are being made and they'll let me know as soon as they are shipped from Leonardo. At 60 days my reminder to ask them again went off, but when I got home that evening there was a tag on the door from a USPS attempted delivery. The "it's on its way" email with tracking number arrived after the pen. But this a minor matter, considering that I am perfectly happy with the pen.

...But once I realized it, and that they had my money, and I had agreed to a timeframe longer than PayPal's, I was nervous.

They shipped at about 60 days and the pen was great. But if I do a pre order with them again I'll pay with a credit card that i know can go to bat for me...

Hi XYZ,

Check... and double-check... words to ponder. :thumbup:

- Anthony

I got a pair of 2019 Aions from them several months ago. What are you guys all freaked out about?

I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.

...What are you guys all freaked out about?

Hi Bogiesan,

Well, for starters, we just like to freak out... it makes for an interesting diversion from the mundane daily rigors of life.

Secondly, their prices are unbelievably low... even below wholesale in many cases... this begs a few questions. :D

- Anthony

Typo

Edited by ParkerDuofold

Dear community and fellow pen enthusiasts, I received my first order from Endlesspens a few days ago (I have attached a picture. Please excuse the poor quality of the pic but I am having technical difficulties ):

1) Pelikan 815

2) Lamy 2000 pencil

3) Lamy AION

I am soooo happy with my purchases. The products are top notch and my experience dealing with Savannah the Sales and Marketing Manager at Endlesspens has been totally transparent and super efficient from start to finish.

I have a few more orders on the way as a result.

Kudos to Endlesspens for allowing me to have access to such wonderful products at a price that I can afford. This pleases me because it will allow others access to fountain pens at great prices.

Best wishes and kind regards to all the community and Happy Fountain penning!

PB (Tumbledry)

post-94413-0-85245900-1558948730_thumb.jpg

well so far I have ordered 5 pens from them from at least 3 separate occassions.

No complains at all. the pens arrive in perfect packaging, and as far I can tell and use, its the real deal.

service has been good. Although not everything is the cheapest at their sites, their deals are really really good.

Edited by Says

One tip-off, maybe: they sell Parker Quink (Permanent) Blue. The last I knew, Parker imported only Washable Blue to the US. I bought a few bottles from The Writing Desk a year or two ago, and, incidentally, found that current Quink Permanent Blue is great when mixed half-and-half with vintage about 1960 Quink Blue (WITH Solv-X).

Art Brown's asked Parker senior managers about getting some bottles of Permanent Blue, because it's a nice color, while Washable Blue is goes blah as it dries. Parker refused. Browns closed in the summer of 2013, so the Parker managers visit must have been before then.

So, either Parker has changed their decision on Quink Permanent Blue, or Endless is getting this product without going through distributors.

Here is the Parker Blue link. You can see that Parker's Washable Blue is also available.

https://endlesspens.com/collections/parker-inks-refills/products/parker-ink-bottle-50ml

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight