Giveaway: Three Fountain Pen Friendly Muji A5 Notebooks

A Smug Dill

fpn_1557464754__three_muji_sku4550182108

I'm offering to give away a pack of three of these incredibly fountain pen friendly Muji A5 notebooks I reviewed, with domestic postage (by letter post not Parcel Post, so it won't be trackable online, sorry) at my expense, to one fellow community member in Australia who wants it, selected from those who respond in this thread by Sunday, 26 May 2019.

To be considered, please express your interest in this thread, and optionally state the following:

• The State of your delivery address

• Whether you intend to share the notebooks with other fountain pen users (and I'll just take your word for it; there's no need to explain how or who)
  • To what use you want to put the notebooks (especially if not intending to share)

Selection process:

Selection will not be at random. These notebooks were quite cheap to acquire in the first place, in spite of being so damn good for use with fountain pens, but with Muji stores only being in Sydney (2), Canberra (1) and Melbourne (2) as far as I'm aware, those who live outside of NSW-ACT-VIC would nominally have had the least opportunity of buying them in the first place (since Muji doesn't take online orders in Australia). Then, because I think I cleared out most of the current stock in Muji's NSW stores, and this item may or may not be restocked, those who are in NSW will most likely have less opportunity to acquire them in-store themselves, compared to those in ACT and VIC, but of course I have no visibility of how much stock each interstate store still has. Also, since I believe Muji still sells the 'twin' of this product that has kraft covers instead of dark grey covers (for the price on the label, and not the perhaps erroneously discounted price), I'll assume those in NSW-ACT-VIC can try picking up one of those in-store and take a punt for A$1.75$1.25 (Edit: I bought one, and it also scanned at less than the price shown on the product label; it's the B5 size with the slightly more articulate product label that scans at $1.75), if they want to get this type and quality of paper from Muji.

So, in principle, all else being equal I'll favour interested parties from WA, NT, TAS, SA and QLD ahead of those in NSW, and then ACT and VIC. Also, because it is not economical for me to send each notebook in the post separately (postage > unit price!) to different recipients, those who are of a mind to share the pack of three notebooks with others – however they arrange it – would then take priority in my selection process.

The default 'answers', where information is not proffered (and I can totally respect that), would be taken as:

• VIC

• No, not sharing

• Kitty litter box liner

Note: I will be sending this by letter post using a 500g postage-prepaid envelope I have sitting in a drawer. That practically excludes Australia Post Parcel Locker and Australia Post Parcel Collect addresses as delivery addresses, but PO Boxes are okay.

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• BastardSecretary

Ha ha! I just went out this evening and saw this Muji store in Canberra. I pushed past the Japanese smelly things, the cosy clothing and cutesy stuff and found yes, the stationery stand. Pulled out the Leonardo and tested a couple of the various notebooks, including some 50% recycled paper, fully expecting disaster, but no, they performed really well. So I bought a whole swag of Muji stuff. Enough to last me well over a year if truth be told.

A generous offer though.

• 2 weeks later...

The end date for expression of interest has passed, and since nobody appears to be interested in receiving these fountain pen friendly notebooks even as a shipping-included, no-strings-attached freebie, the offer is henceforth withdrawn and cancelled.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.