New Moderators

Free Citizen

Hi Folks,

Thank you for your enthusiastic participation in the Ask The Experts Forums. When Denis created that category we were hopeful that it would draw more interest as no other pen sites are known to have such forums. Looks like the effort is paying off :D First of all, we are mighty glad that Dennis Lively could offer his time to lead the Repair Q&A Forum. His was the first Expert Forum that kicked off that Category. And look at it now, thank you Dennis :D For company, Dennis now have two other experts in their own fields. They are Rob Astyk leading the Pen History Forum and James Pickering leading the penmanship Forum. Thank you Rob and James :D It is hoped that with these gentlemen leading the expert forums, it would elevate this site to a higher level.

On another note, if members should ever need to report an offending post, just click on the Report Button. The report will go to the Moderators. But I doubt you will need to use it. Pen folks are so well behaved ;) So, what are you waiting for. Go and ask the experts :)

T-H Lim

Life is short, so make the best of it while we still have it.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Free Citizen

• Gerry

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you completely FC. The expertise offered is really very impressive, and I'll bet that these experts and the very efficient format will result in an already formidable fountain pen forum quickly becoming one of the premier forums around.

Although I mentioned that the format is great, allowing one to head to the area of most interest right away, I have to admit that I haven't realized all the efficiency benefits personally, as I find myself roaming all over anyway. Hopefully I'll settle down... :D

Regards

Gerry

Thank you Gerry,

Your enthusiasm for this site is most encouraging. I hope the others feel the same :) If you are still discovering this site, I guess roaming about is the best way to catch up with the past. You are fortunate in the way that we have not started editing this site. I think you will have the opportunity to read everything before we do so :lol: After that you can subscribe to every forum on this site if you like. That way, you don't have to purposely visit this site to see if there is any activity going on ;)

BTW, do you know of any Pen Club in your area that do not have a forum of their own but could benefit from one? Let me know, we can accomodate them here. They will get exclusive right to their own forum within FPN and at the same time get to participate in all the forums here. I have even set up a dummy Pen Club Forum here where they can test run. Please spread the word around :)

T-H Lim

BTW, do you know of any Pen Club in your area that do not have a forum of their own but could benefit from one? Let me know, we can accomodate them here. They will get exclusive right to their own forum within FPN and at the same time get to participate in all the forums here. I have even set up a dummy Pen Club Forum here where they can test run. Please spread the word around :)

Well, actually, since you ask, I do. B)

Our local club, the Ottawa Fountain Pen Society is casting about to find a home for their web activities.

One concern the club had was whether email could be supported etc. through the system, perhaps as a Yahoo group might be able to use. Regardless, the opportunity should be looked into.

Now that I see there is interest from the FPN side, I'll make the suggestion much more widely known within the OFPS.

Thank you FC.

Gerry

Yes, please do Gerry. PM me for the username and password to test that Pen Club Forum. I would like to iterate that there will be more to be gain to host your pen club forum here than on its own. First, your club will be more visible worldwide. Already, we rank quite high on search engines. Secondly, members of your club will get to be a part of the wider FPN community that already has an international flavour. Third, members of this site can contribute positively to your club forum. Members of your club will have a degree of exclusivity in that non members of your club cannot start a new topic. There are various settings possible so feel free to clarify. Your club can have its own website but host the club forum here. All it takes is a link. The plus side is that your club members get to trade on the world stage.

T-H Lim