Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Waterman Recipes For Lefties

tim77

Waterman inks might not have the most colour variety, but they are extremely reliable. No blobs or blockages, and relativly smudge resistant (even for a lefty side-writer like me). I found the red and green were a lot easier on the eyes if darkened a bit by mixing with black, and since I was tinkering with colour mixes I tried out a few combinations. Here are my favourites:

• Breen (1 part brown, 2 parts green) - warmer and denser than pure green
  • Grue (1 part blue, 2 parts green) - a teal that's easy to read and doesn't smudge as much as the pure green
  • Bred (1 part brown, 1 part red) - a dark, rich red that's vivid enough for annotations but can also be used for block text
  • Burple (1 part blue, 1 part purple) - an alternative to normal blue
  • Black-blue-black (2 parts blue-black, 1 part black) - when you need the deepest blue
  • Plack (1 part purple, 1 part black) - another dark dark colour for writing dark dark thoughts

If anybody tries these out, do let us know how you get on.

PS. One last lefty tip: To reduce smudging add 1 part water to 4-5 parts ink. With a medium nib there is no noticeable effect on colour density, and it helps the tiny ink pools at the end of strokes absorb quickly into the paper.

post-148552-0-83255100-1556281898_thumb.png

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sciumbasci

• Enkida

• tim77

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for posting these recipes! I'm no leftie but I love seeing the variations on the standard Waterman colours.

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

Events may be horrible or inescapable. Men always have a choice - if not whether, then how they endure.

- Lois McMaster Bujold