Help Me Pick An Ink For A Love Letter

3nding

maybe he fell out of love...as quickly as he fell in love...

who knows...

Edited by Jesus1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NeverTapOut

• ParkerDuofold

• OMASsimo

• 1nkulus

Hi all,

I just logged out of a Catholic site I belong to and there was a post there asking, "Whats a good ink to use when you're giving up on love and becoming a hermit"?

There might be a connection... :unsure:

- Anthony

Do you mean a good ink for sitting in the scriptorium and copying an old book with a quill? :lticaptd:

Hi all,

I just logged out of a Catholic site I belong to and there was a post there asking, "Whats a good ink to use when you're giving up on love and becoming a hermit"?

There might be a connection... :unsure:

- Anthony

If there is a connection...I feel sorry for the guy...however she did tell him how she felt...

Edited by Jesus1

Do you mean a good ink for sitting in the scriptorium and copying an old book with a quill? :lticaptd:

Noodler's Heart of Darkness lol

Oh and thanks for the suggestions of RO Thunderstorm (I have yet to try the same I have of it :headsmack:) and of Lamy Crystal Azurite (which is on my short list of "Inks I REALLY Need to Buy...."

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

RO Thunderstorm... Well I treat it as a blue-Black or grey/green/confused something black, and it is very nice.

Don't expect too much of that sheen people keep talking about, or the sudden appearance of the red...

That only comes out in blobs or if you use a paintbrush to write... hrm... maybe I should try putting it into my OBBB.... hrm.... d**mnit... off to flushing pens now..

+1 for asking what her favorite color is. There’s really no downside to dating someone who is thoughtful and considerate. Short of that, pick the color you like, then at least someone is pleased.

And if I could say anything to my younger self, it would be to not take it all so seriously. Not every relationship works out, it’s okay to just enjoy a frivolous dalliance now and then.

Maybe this is where the OP finds out that they can write the sort of love letters whose passionate words burn the very paper they’re written on? Maybe they’ll look back on this letter fondly in twenty years while straining to remember who exactly My Darling was?

Noodlers black swan in australian roses.

Hands down, this would be my vote too. Just gorgeous, especially on a cream or off white paper.

Hi all,

There might be a connection... unsure.png

IMO, OP got confused by the myriad of colour suggestions and decided to go in person to blurt out his feelings.

Situation backfired and feeling dejected/rejected, OP decided to give celibacy a shot. biggrin.png

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

I salute the OP's efforts but all I can think of is several reasons why this could turn into a script for a comedy:

- Did you get my letter? No, it's probably in my spam folder.

- Wow this guy wrote a letter... Should I move to another country and change my name?

- I can't understand anything... Did he send me his laundry list?

- It's got glittery ink... Just how immature is he?

- Does he expect me to reply in the same way? This sounds like high maintenance.

- He sent it in copy paper, what a cheapskate.

- I got his handwriting analyzed, they told me to leave everything behind and run.

- Wow, this guy can't spell for sh**t.

- Cool, another hipster like me!

- I wonder if I can send him one my cats.

As for colours:

Black: too deadly. Unless she's a goth I guess.

Oranges, reds: look at me look at meeeee!

Maybe blues, browns, even darker greens?

As ever, and even if I don't agree completely with Mr. McLuhan, it's hard for people to go beyond the medium to see the content.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

In 1970 red Sheaffer ink was the color of love in my Parker 51 and in her Montblanc. Today most people don't write letters. If she isn't expecting the letter, what will she think? Perhaps red color on the text love message.

I had to work the filler on my 51 pretty hard to rinse the red out. Easier with a C/C filler. A clear red ink showed the ardent nature of the words. Prissy off-reds just wouldn't be the same. A love lost in time.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Red is the color la pasion from Dexter...

which, in his case, entails a one way correspondence so the colour is irrelevant. laugh.png

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

I salute the OP's efforts but all I can think of is several reasons why this could turn into a script for a comedy:

- Did you get my letter? No, it's probably in my spam folder.

- Wow this guy wrote a letter... Should I move to another country and change my name?

- I can't understand anything... Did he send me his laundry list?

- It's got glittery ink... Just how immature is he?

- Does he expect me to reply in the same way? This sounds like high maintenance.

- He sent it in copy paper, what a cheapskate.

- I got his handwriting analyzed, they told me to leave everything behind and run.

- Wow, this guy can't spell for sh**t.

- Cool, another hipster like me!

- I wonder if I can send him one my cats.

laugh.png

Engineer :

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone!

I haven't posted in a while because I was very satisfied with my current ink and pen setup and was a bit afraid of spending too much money on things I don't really need if I kept coming back here (as we all though). However, last weekend, I met this amazing, amazing girl who was visiting here and we basically spent the whole weekend together. Now she went back to the city where she lives and we decided to keep in touch even though she said she isn't very good at long distance relationship. Anyway, long story short, we have been talking over Messenger but I wanted to do something a bit more romantic and write her a letter.

I am currently trying to pick the proper ink to do the trick. 99% of the time when I write, I use Noodler's Black but I didn't know if black was a bit too cold and informal for a love letter? On my shelf, in terms of non-blacks, I only have J. Herbin Lierre Sauvage, Sheaffer Skrip Blue and Pelikan Royal Blue. Would any of those do the trick? Should I buy something else? Or should I just stick with my proven friend, Noodler's Black?

Thank you all very much in advance!

A modest suggestion -- use the color that SHE most closely associates with YOU. (Except black.) If you wear teal or purple frequently, red or green ink might seem like an affectation.

3nding has not responded to the thread since opening it six months ago, nor logged into FPN for three months.

X

• 2 weeks later...

Diamine Matador. Reminds me of Valentines' Day

in chicago?

Looking for a black SJ Transitional Esterbrook Pen. (It's smaller than an sj)