New Inks From Octopus Fluids

mke

Mark your calendar: in about two weeks, the following inks will be available at the online store of Octopus Fluids.

That increases the number from 15 to 20.

Sepia Black Red Brilliant

fpn_1556102673__sepia-black.jpgfpn_1556102936__red-brilliant.jpg

Orange Pink Orchid

fpn_1556103085__orange.jpgfpn_1556103024__pink-orchid.jpg

Yellow Mango

fpn_1556103154__yellow-mango.jpg

An overview of the already available colors - from

2.png1.png

Some of them have been reviewed on FPN.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• almoore

• 1nkulus

• mke

• Intensity

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads up; I've been a long time fan of their Burgundy ink.

I'm intrigued to see how their Mango compares to Troublemaker's.

Al

> I still have half a liter of Pinie

I don't understand the relationship between having Pinie and the new inks.

Let me guess, you don't like Gricean maxime Nr.3.

Edited by mke

I would love a bottle of Schwartz, but I never see it at any more local distributors. Shipping for 1 bottle ditectly from Octopus to USA is very expensive.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Amazon.de also has Octopus inks. If they will have the new inks is not known to me. Ask the seller on Amazon.

The seller on Amazon is also "Octopus Concept GmbH", so they will probably just direct me to their website with €33.57 (!!!) shipping for one 30ml bottle :(

AR0wTML.jpg

Edited by Intensity

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

• 2 weeks later...

A short overview of the 20 inks made by Octopus Fluids from Germany.

https://mkepens.blogspot.com/2019/05/more-inks-from-germany.html

I did this overview just for me (didn't think that I would publish it), so I used one of the notebooks which I am regularly using, Kokuyo Campus, nothing fancy. Pen was a glass dip pen, about F-sized. It is only temporary, I am going to redo it with much more information. I hope it is still a bit useful.

The Octopus inks are sold at their online store or at Amazon UK or Amazon.DE.

For the inkoholics (like me), they also sell the inks as 250ml bottles; see here at Amazon.de.

I have already added the new inks which will be available from middle of May 2019.

The new red ink "brilliant red" is my holy grail red - finally, I found it - I have now quite a few red inks at hand. :)

Edited by mke

• 1 month later...

The seller on Amazon is also "Octopus Concept GmbH", so they will probably just direct me to their website with €33.57 (!!!) shipping for one 30ml bottle :(

AR0wTML.jpg

Hi

Try fountainfeder they may stock Octopus and they're shipping fees are very reasonable, I got my Diamine Skulls and Roses from them.

Failing that we could see what Royal Mail charge and work something out.

Al

I checked with Octopus directly and their shipping fees to the US are ridiculously high, and they said they have no alternatives.

I also just checked fountainfeder website and they have NO Octopus inks listed on their website...I had looked previously and they did have some listed, although I don't think they had the full line....but as of right now, NONE listed.

Amazon Germany The inks are for sale, but they won't ship to the US.

Inks are available on Amazon UK...but the shipping again is way too high (the Seller is Octopus)

It is a shame too, because I do have some Octopus inks, and I do like them. I purchased a bunch several years ago, and the shipping was high then too, but I purchased enough bottles to make it more economical/bottle.

Bill P.

Edited by Bill P

> Amazon UK doesn't have any of the inks listed for sale.

Not true.

Sepia Black

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RPY6Q8Q/

Red brilliant

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07S19YH86/

Orange

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RXQXWW3/

Pink Orchid

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07S2RKCPV/

Yellow Mango

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RYVCRQJ/

Other possibility, find a proxy buyer in Germany. Perhaps a fellow FPN member. People wanting shop specials from Japan do this often.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

To do this from the UK to the US - assuming a small packet (roughly enough for about 6-8 bottles of ink) Royal Mail costs are:

Royal Mail International Tracked More details 5 to 7 working days delivery aim Up to £50 for loss or damage Delivery Confirmation £17.80

Given that a bottle direct is around £4.50 each, add on shipping (assuming I've searched RM correctly :) ) would make each one around £7.50 which is in the Amazon UK pricing ballpark, so roughly $9.50 each.

If I've got this right much cheaper that other options and as far as I can tell FP ink is not a restricted substance for private senders.

Al

Edit: I'm considering ordering about a dozen from them to make the shipping worthwhile so could add a few on - happy to discuss just PM me.

Edited by almoore

Thank you very much for the information on shipping and offering to help. Personally I think I'd only like a bottle of Schwartz at the moment, since I'm already figuratively-speaking swimming in various ink. But Schwartz is unique enough and pleasing to me that I'm still interested in it. Will just have to wait and hope a USA distributor will pick up some Octopus stock.

P.S.: I've tried adding some ink to cart with Amazon.co.uk, but can't check out with delivery address in USA: "Sorry, this item can't be sent to your selected address. You may either change the delivery address or delete the item from your order."

Edited by Intensity

Hi

To do this from the UK to the US - assuming a small packet (roughly enough for about 6-8 bottles of ink) Royal Mail costs are:

Royal Mail International Tracked More details 5 to 7 working days delivery aim Up to £50 for loss or damage Delivery Confirmation £17.80

Given that a bottle direct is around £4.50 each, add on shipping (assuming I've searched RM correctly smile.png ) would make each one around £7.50 which is in the Amazon UK pricing ballpark, so roughly $9.50 each.

If I've got this right much cheaper that other options and as far as I can tell FP ink is not a restricted substance for private senders.

Al

Edit: I'm considering ordering about a dozen from them to make the shipping worthwhile so could add a few on - happy to discuss just PM me.

Buying 5 or less, it is cheaper to buy from Amazon UK because ordering direct from Octopus incurs a fixed delivery charge of 12.95 euro.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

I agree anything less than five or six it's cheaper on Amazon but I'm looking at buying a eight to ten so adding a few on for someone else don't make no never mind as I'm paying the shipping anyway and by the time I'm done ordering it'll probably be costing me €0.50 per bottle :lticaptd:

Al

Update: If I go ahead it'll be over the weekend but I've dropped Octopus a line as a couple of the inks are mislabelled so that needs sorting out before I place an order.

Edited by almoore

I agree anything less than five or six it's cheaper on Amazon but I'm looking at buying a eight to ten so adding a few on for someone else don't make no never mind as I'm paying the shipping anyway and by the time I'm done ordering it'll probably be costing me €0.50 per bottle lticaptd.gif

Al

Update: If I go ahead it'll be over the weekend but I've dropped Octopus a line as a couple of the inks are mislabelled so that needs sorting out before I place an order.

At €0.50, that would be 26 bottles. 33 would almost make it a litre. biggrin.png

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

At €0.50, that would be 26 bottles. 33 would almost make it a litre. biggrin.png

I always set out with the best of intentions to only buy a 'few' bottles and it never works out :D how I planned.

I got an email from Octopus first thing this morning saying the site listings are repaired, my credit card is now crying quietly in a corner!

You know that they also sell 250ml bottles? PP not glass!

:yikes: If it wasn't for the fact that prefer glass bottles this would be a serious problem.

You can buy glass bottles everywhere, I am sure they will add some stickers if you ask.

The price is really great, you can then provide samples to all your friends. :)

PP is much lighter.