Top Posters In This Topic

• siamackz

• KAC

• Michael R.

• como

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All,

Ive been working on putting together a website on vintage Montblancs. Over the past few months Ive tried to steal a few minutes here and there every day or so, to write up one section at a time. Its the first time Ive made a website or written content that is non-academic, and so its nothing special really. Photos were just taken using an iPhone. So, its a super modest site, but I wanted to share some information with other enthusiasts out there. Its much better on the desktop than phone but check it out anywhere if you have a few minutes > https://www.vintagemontblancpens.com

The website has two sections:

1. Pen reviews - where I explain the history and features of my vintage MBs

2. Pen talk - where I post interviews with pen experts and collectors (this is work in progress)

Enjoy!

Thank you for sharing, siamackz! Your website is on the top of my reading list now

Those pens and your dedicated web site are both very nicely designed and very well executed. I'm particularly taken with the 12x series. I own one of those in black, but the mottled color scheme is extraordinarily lovely!

Good work!!

KAC

Those pens and your dedicated web site are both very nicely designed and very well executed. I'm particularly taken with the 12x series. I own one of those in black, but the mottled color scheme is extraordinarily lovely!

Good work!!

KAC

Thank you for your encouragement!

I too appreciate the 12x. I have a 126PL but yet felt the need for a classic black one so I am now awaiting the arrival of a 124G.

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

It is no secret that I am a big fan of platinum lined designs, so here is another rather hard to find model - the 234 1/2 PL from the late 1930s.

Also, with this review we add yet another contributor to the website :) The support from the MB vintage enthusiast community has been truly inspiring!

Enjoy --> https://www.vintagemontblancpens.com/no-234-pl

Here's a truly rare piece of history - a Rotkäppchen or "Red Riding Hood" No. 1 red star MB from c. 1915. Read more about its interesting history here --> https://www.vintagemontblancpens.com/rotkappchen-no-1

With this pen we add yet another contributor to our website. The support of the vintage MB community is truly inspiring!

Your compendium of vintage MB pens is something the current company might look to for "new" ideas for the modern line-up. Surely, the enduring appeal of these designs must speak to at least one member of the corporate hierarchy.

I really like the PL pen you've shown. The Danish design is nice, but less compelling for me personally. The Rouge et Noir is superb!

Thanks for all your work on these special vintage pens!

Keith

Your compendium of vintage MB pens is something the current company might look to for "new" ideas for the modern line-up. Surely, the enduring appeal of these designs must speak to at least one member of the corporate hierarchy.

I really like the PL pen you've shown. The Danish design is nice, but less compelling for me personally. The Rouge et Noir is superb!

Thanks for all your work on these special vintage pens!

Keith

Thanks for visiting Keith! We are lucky to have such generous collectors on FPN - the website would be nothing without their contributions.

Thank you for teaching us an interesting and hidden history of the snowflake pens.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill

I just finished reading your interview with pavoni...very interesting. I'm really enjoying your site. Perhaps a podcast is in your future? ;)