Vintage Montblanc Website

siamackz

What a treat siamackz! You have to love the old push button fillers, my new 122 is in constant use. The larger form factors pens are beautiful but I personally don't find them as comfortable to use. I am after a 126 but may stop at that, but then again who knows... And are the 128 and 129 are really the same size?!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• siamackz

• KAC

• Michael R.

• como

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a treat siamackz! You have to love the old push button fillers, my new 122 is in constant use. The larger form factors pens are beautiful but I personally don't find them as comfortable to use. I am after a 126 but may stop at that, but then again who knows... And are the 128 and 129 are really the same size?!

Me too, I quite like the size 2 and 4. The 126 is a wonderful pen and very high on my list.

The 128 and 129 are the same in terms of body and nib size from what I observed. The clip is the same as well. The difference is the cap rings

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

Me too, I quite like the size 2 and 4. The 126 is a wonderful pen and very high on my list.

The 128 and 129 are the same in terms of body and nib size from what I observed. The clip is the same as well. The difference is the cap rings

Also, the size of the 129 is smaller than the 139? Is it closer to the 138 or even smaller?

Also, the size of the 129 is smaller than the 139? Is it closer to the 138 or even smaller?

Unfortunately, I do not have any of these pens in my collection and so I cannot compare :) But, if I am not mistaken, then 138 and 139 have an insignificant size difference. I don't know how close to the 136 size the 128/9 might be. It would be interesting to find out

The clip of the 129 should have been two-tone (silver outline on gold) at its date of release. But the silver plating was worn away on all I've seen so far.

Unfortunately, I do not have any of these pens in my collection and so I cannot compare :) But, if I am not mistaken, then 138 and 139 have an insignificant size difference. I don't know how close to the 136 size the 128/9 might be. It would be interesting to find out

I can post a comparison picture of the 128 vs. 138 later on the weekend.

At least one 129 (barrel/blind cap) was sold with a 128 cap many many years ago which triggered much of a discussion among the pen community.

Still a grail pen!

Cheers

Michael

PS: I really love the crisp 124E and S models as well as the marbled variations of the earlier models.

The clip of the 129 should have been two-tone (silver outline on gold) at its date of release. But the silver plating was worn away on all I've seen so far.

I can post a comparison picture of the 128 vs. 138 later on the weekend.

At least one 129 (barrel/blind cap) was sold with a 128 cap many many years ago which triggered much of a discussion among the pen community.

Still a grail pen!

Cheers

Michael

PS: I really love the crisp 124E and S models as well as the marbled variations of the earlier models.

Thanks Michael, that would be great

I too love the 12x variations. I will be doing reviews of the marbled and S versions soon as well

Usually the 138 is slightly longer but thinner than the 139. The 128 is shorter compared to the 138 but about the same width.

Nibs on the original design 138 and 128 are #8; later 138 models can have #6 nibs (gold nibs). I was told that those pens were given to employees as part of their wage after the war.

Since 12x and 13x pens are partially handmade each model can show some differences in length (around 1-3 mm).

• modern 146
  • 1940s 139 G
  • original design 138
  • 128 G
  • modern 149

48151915802_673c1ffe0f_k.jpgP1460427 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48151916712_d82bd4951e_k.jpgP1460426 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48151917942_f49be2076b_k.jpgP1460417 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48151835056_35f692abac_k.jpgP1460416 by pensninks, auf Flickr

48151917057_91cdac0944_k.jpgP1460421 by pensninks, auf Flickr

Cheers

Michael

Edited by Michael R.

Here's two pretty cool pens!

1. Octagonal Safety 4J from the 1920s - the "J" nib was a special calligraphic flexible nib, these are super hard and rare to find! https://www.vintagemontblancpens.com/octagonal-no-4j
2. 242 Grey Tiger Eye - This is the beautiful grey coloured version of the red/brown Tiger Eye, and this particular pen was made in Spain n the 1950s. https://www.vintagemontblancpens.com/no-242-grey-tiger-eye
Enjoy!

Today I have another beautiful pen from Azuniga's collection for you - a No. 25 Coral Red Lever filler from the 1920s. https://www.vintagemontblancpens.com/no-25-lever-coral-red. This is a superb example with a vibrant red colour!

Also, I have a No. 0 black hard rubber (BHR) lever filler that I recently purchased https://www.vintagemontblancpens.com/no-0-lever-filler-bhr.

Enjoy!

I am very happy to present this beautiful pen from the Reflex sub-brand of Montblanc - a stunning coral red, flat top, model 'C' that is considered a 11 out of 12 in rareness by Collectible Stars I --> https://www.vintagemontblancpens.com/reflex-c-coral-red

Also, with this pen review we add yet another generous contributor to the website - Kawuska! It is truly heartening to see so many members of the vintage pen community happily coming forward and sharing their treasures for us all to be inspired and educated by!
If you have pre-1950 MBs that are missing from the website and would like to contribute pictures for me to add as reviews then please drop me a line! It will be fun, I promise!

Here we have a pen that you won't find in catalogues and books. It is a rare variant of the Meisterstück push knob Pearl & Black from the 1930s. Read to find out why its so rare --> https://www.vintagemontblancpens.com/no-40-pearl-black

Also, coming next:

- Very very rare "Victoria 62" sub brand of Montblanc

- 126 PL

- 333 1/2 marbled blue

Enjoy!

Edited by siamackz