Stipula Etruria Photo Thread

fpupulin

Yes, that’s the beautiful Champagne Faceted Etruria that I am talking about! You are lucky to have it sansenri! The Faceted Etrurias are so hard to find now. My Faceted Etruria is one of my top 5 favorite pens in my collection.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fpupulin

• sansenri

• como

• RubenDh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Tibaldi/Stipula beautiful celluloids are pretty much all hard to find now. Luckily collectively we have a lot to look at here due to members' generosity and enthusiasm :)

TheFairyCircle: there is also another post on FPN about the repair of Tibaldi Modello 60 (leak/cracked piston), in case you were interested in such info. I don't remember if you had mentioned such problem in the same video or another. Forgive me if I was wrong.

I love looking at photos of pens on FPN, especially the celluloid ones. Thanks to everyone for posting your photos!

I have the Tibaldi Impero, not the Modello 60, but they are probably pretty similar so I will check out the post you mentioned como. I am not really sure why the ink is leaking out where the nib meets the section of mine.

Hi TheFairyCircle: the post I mentioned was actually for the piston that was not working properly. If you don't find posts regarding Tibaldi pens leaking from section, why not post the question in the Repair section of FPN. With the wealth of information here, someone will know it. Often times pen restorers pitch in as well. Good luck!

I love looking at photos of pens on FPN, especially the celluloid ones. Thanks to everyone for posting your photos!

I have the Tibaldi Impero, not the Modello 60, but they are probably pretty similar so I will check out the post you mentioned como. I am not really sure why the ink is leaking out where the nib meets the section of mine.

Not the best of photos, but picked up this one just a few weeks back. Interestingly enough, considering just 18 were made (ignoring any prototypes) someone else in another pen group I'm a member of also just got one.

http://i.imgur.com/hqD2cA7.jpg

Etruria Alter Ego Faceted 02/18

Edited by dapprman

What a wonderful thread! Though I don't own an etruria, I will be keeping an eye on this wonderful photography and beautiful pens.

Thanks como! I had not participated in the FPN forums before yesterday, but I should use them to figure out some of my fountain pen problems.

Congratulations on acquiring the Alter Ego Faceted Etruria dapprman! It is wonderful. How unusual that two of the same LE of the past should become available again around the same time.

Thanks for joining us WLSpec!

No doubts this is a dangerous thread...

I never had the faceted Stipulas under my radar, and suddenly I found they are irresistibly beautiful.

I've always been completely deaf to the call of demonstrator pens. Simply, they have always seemed to me to be transparent plastic pens that reveal "devices" that seem more appropriately hidden inside the opaque barrel of a pen. Yet now, looking at those Stipulas Nuda and Rainbow, the sight of the inner mechanism, the colored ink that floats in the transparent barrel, seem really desirable to me!

Well this has been an educational thread! I thought when I started to read it I had only one Etruria, an Amber, then I read further and realised oh yes, that pen counts too, and that one! And then I got to Dapprmans post and thought what a lovely pen, I should try to get one in that material. So off I went to look through my records ... and to my shame discovered that I have exactly the same model, No 10, bought five years ago ...... a wonderful discovery though!

A family gathering follows, but first Im surprised no one has posted pictures of this one before - the FPN Stella di Note:

324FAE9F-43FC-4FC2-AB38-061BA22DEB1E.jpeg

BAA6BF7D-81A4-4DEB-9045-203ACB0519AA.jpeg

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Interestingly enough, considering just 18 were made (ignoring any prototypes) someone else in another pen group I'm a member of also just got one.

And mine makes three owned among people you meet at pen gatherings!

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

The FPN Stella di Note:

Er, or the Notte di Stelle, apologies ...

[...] A family gathering follows, but first Im surprised no one has posted pictures of this one before - the FPN Stella di Note:

attachicon.gif BAA6BF7D-81A4-4DEB-9045-203ACB0519AA.jpeg

A great flock, which well demonstrates the ductility of the Etruria in picking up different dresses. I very much like the variety of materials, colors, and trims of your collection.

Looking at them together, I still feel that the original design, with that bare body and just the “ancient”, bold ring and the clip that seems to float on the cap, are the most perfect interpretation of the Etruscan flavor you may feel visiting southern Tuscany, with that perfect blend of archaic simplicity and refined beauty.

Thank you, and what a lovely way of expressing the many varieties of Etruria! I wish I could show them off as beautifully as you do in your photos.

I completely agree that the Tuscan colours with the “ancient” cap band - and especially the clips shown on Georges Zaslavsky and gmax’s pens in posts 41 and 42 - are the most stunning and fitting for this series. I would love to own more of them.

A family gathering follows, but first Im surprised no one has posted pictures of this one before - the FPN Stella di Note:

attachicon.gif 324FAE9F-43FC-4FC2-AB38-061BA22DEB1E.jpeg

What a stunning collection you have!

I have been discussing pen materials of Etruria pens with TheFairyCircle and the Notte di Stelle came up, too!

Can you confirm if this is a celluloid ("cellulose nitrate") or a cellulose acetate pen?

You should be able to identify celluloid by a camphor smell

I am a practical man... Although I do love fountain pens, I realise that I need to use a ballpoint pen from time to time. Either as a replacement when the blue ink of my FP runs out, when I need to write in platisticy (lecture)books, or just when I need to write on extremely crappy copy paper, which is often the case in my school.

To my surprise I won this stunning and rare ballpoint pen in the ever so beautiful Gran Sasso material. If I read that correctly, only 193 pcs were made.

I know,, I know, it's not a fountain pen, but still very Etrurian nonetheless. I won this pen for about 40 euros in new condition. I can't wait for it to arrive :)

48Jge1Q.png

Edited by RubenDh

What a stunning collection you have!

I have been discussing pen materials of Etruria pens with TheFairyCircle and the Notte di Stelle came up, too!

Can you confirm if this is a celluloid ("cellulose nitrate") or a cellulose acetate pen?

You should be able to identify celluloid by a camphor smell

Thank you! According to a post by Wim, who spent a lot of time organising that FPN group buy:

And then there were the Etruria models, 4 in total. There were 2 in Azzurite, called the "Notte di Luna" (freely translated: moonlit night), one in silver trim and 1 in gold trim, and two in a blue flecked celluloid (acetate), again with silver trim and with gold trim, called the "Notte di Stelle" (starlit night), available with 3 14 K rhodium plated nibs, and 3 18K duo-tone nibs. All of these were piston fillers.

PS I hope your new ballpoint turns out to be as lovely as that photo - its stunning, and I like the silver finial!

Edited by bbs

Good buy Ruben! I can’t wait to see a photo of the Gran Sasso alongside the rest of your Etrurias.

dapprman, bbs, RubenDh, TheFairyCircle, sansenri, MalcLee, fpupulin and all: Thank you so much for sharing photos in this wonderful thread. They showcase some of the most wonderful examples of Italian celluloids. Ebonite and resin versions are also very nice. I can't help but thinking of that line from Mary Poppins: A thing of beauty is a joy forever!

RubenDh: If you MUST write with a ballpoint, that Gran Sasso is not bad at all :D.

• 2 weeks later...

Good buy Ruben! I cant wait to see a photo of the Gran Sasso alongside the rest of your Etrurias.

Here are my Etruria celluloids I have accumulated so far:

7cr4ekp.jpg

The only regular (!) celluloid I don't have yet seems to be the Volterra (verde rosso)!

The gran sasso cellulois is quite nice!

My holy trio: a Fiesole, a Gran Sasso and a 991:

JR6L4us.jpg

Edited by RubenDh