Stipula Etruria Photo Thread

fpupulin

20 minutes ago, fpupulin said:

It is a beautiful pen, David! And your writing honors both the nib and the beautiful ink.

Thank you, Sir!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fpupulin

• sansenri

• como

• RubenDh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/6/2021 at 10:39 AM, WLSpec said:

Just saw some exciting news… Stipula showed an faceted Etruria Miele Selvatico on Instagram with 6 small cap bands instead of the bigger one on the standard Etruria model. Hopefully they release this one soon, because I think this resin will look great in a faceted pen.

That is exciting, it would be great to see faceted pens in Miele Selvatico, sand, and some of the other Stipula acrylic at prices lower than the celluloid pens...

On 3/27/2021 at 10:20 AM, como said:

@TheFairyCircleI have had 14k Sti-Flex 0.9mm Stub, 14k Sti-Flex B, 18k M, and T-Flex. Among the 14k Sti-Flex, 18k regular and T-Flex, Sti-Flex is my favorite. It feels softer and has a little flex. I thought about getting a 14k 1.1mm Stub, but for me the 0.9mm would probably be more suitable for normal writing. I agree with @fpupulinAnd @wimgthat the 18k feels stiffer. Below is a writing sample from 14k 0.9mm Stub.

Btw, did you see my reply to your previous question?

B6B029E5-028A-4C3F-B22E-110B081DE61B.jpeg

Thank you for your answers to my questions about the Sti-flex stub nibs Como! I tried ordering them from Novelli and Cult Pens, but after waiting a month or more for the orders to be filled by Stipula, the companies I ordered them from said they couldn’t get the pens from Stipula and refunded my money. I was frustrated, but in the end I bought a pre-owned Stipula Iris with an 18k 1.1 mm stub and I couldn’t be more happy with it!

I need a piston repair on the one on the right.  Who is the best in the US for this?

20210819_081732.jpg

the Danitrio Fellowship

21 hours ago, Doug C said:

I need a piston repair on the one on the right.  Who is the best in the US for this?

20210819_081732.jpg

@Doug C Sorry to hear your piston trouble. If this is out of warranty, may I suggest that you contact Luca Viti of Stipula directly? I've never had to send in for a repair at Stipula, but I heard that they will make it right, though they are not too fast (several months).

On 8/6/2021 at 11:39 AM, WLSpec said:

Just saw some exciting news… Stipula showed an faceted Etruria Miele Selvatico on Instagram with 6 small cap bands instead of the bigger one on the standard Etruria model. Hopefully they release this one soon, because I think this resin will look great in a faceted pen.

Would you mind posting a link to the page or to the image? I can not find it…

11 hours ago, fpupulin said:

Would you mind posting a link to the page or to the image? I can not find it…

Here's a screenshot I took, they posted in on "stories" meaning it was only available to view for 24 hours. Maybe it was a one-off, but I hope they bring it into production.

IMG_2150.jpg

17 hours ago, WLSpec said:

Here's a screenshot I took, they posted in on "stories" meaning it was only available to view for 24 hours. Maybe it was a one-off, but I hope they bring it into production.

IMG_2150.jpg

That’s very nice!

Thank you so much, WLSpec! I had not seen it before, and I have to say that it is quite a special pen in that beautiful acrylic.  

I have an Etruria Magnifica in that same acrylic, and I found it a very interesting pen for its price, well under the "regular prices" that Stipula pens command today! The Etruria magnifica is distinctly larger that both the classic Etruria, piston filler and c/c, in celluloid.

So I guess that the faceted model should be more or less the size of the Magnifica. Even though I slightly prefer the smaller size of the classic Etruria, if Stipula would made a Faceted Miele Selvatico at a price point comparable to that of the regular Miele Selvatico, I could probably not resist in buying one!

Thank you again for saving and posting the photo.  

5 hours ago, fpupulin said:

Thank you so much, WLSpec! I had not seen it before, and I have to say that it is quite a special pen in that beautiful acrylic.  

I have an Etruria Magnifica in that same acrylic, and I found it a very interesting pen for its price, well under the "regular prices" that Stipula pens command today! The Etruria magnifica is distinctly larger that both the classic Etruria, piston filler and c/c, in celluloid.

So I guess that the faceted model should be more or less the size of the Magnifica. Even though I slightly prefer the smaller size of the classic Etruria, if Stipula would made a Faceted Miele Selvatico at a price point comparable to that of the regular Miele Selvatico, I could probably not resist in buying one!

Thank you again for saving and posting the photo.  

I agree that the pen is interesting for the price. I loved the Miele Selvatico resin, but ultimately ended up letting the pen go because I really didn't like the matte/frosted texture of the trim, especially on the clip and cap band. I find that I prefer the look of the many smaller cap bands on the faceted version, and a faceted pen would just be more interesting. I reached out to Stipula about the model but received no response, so I hope that it is available sooner or later.

On 8/8/2021 at 12:06 AM, dms525 said:

Here is one of my Etrurias that hasn't been inked in a while. The Stipula italic nibs are so nice! 

1697257791_Albertistipula1.jpg.71294bd99bcbf6121102c83fc655243c.jpg

1179465285_Albertistipula2.jpg.f8446f3a9ff9dfd28c4745c76854e154.jpg

1926100587_Albertistipula3.jpg.8bda84d52a86a224cc488db846f22273.jpg

2073939764_Albertistipulanib.jpg.3dd18420354e23edb4a8a9ae6fb02d88.jpg

Enjoy!

David

Lovely pen David. I had seen this Etruria of yours before, but not in such lovely detail.

Beautiful celluloid too.

17 hours ago, WLSpec said:

I agree that the pen is interesting for the price. I loved the Miele Selvatico resin, but ultimately ended up letting the pen go because I really didn't like the matte/frosted texture of the trim, especially on the clip and cap band. I find that I prefer the look of the many smaller cap bands on the faceted version, and a faceted pen would just be more interesting. I reached out to Stipula about the model but received no response, so I hope that it is available sooner or later.

I tend to share your opinion, the frosted finish of the trim is sort of cheap looking, while they did a very good job with the resin which looks very attractive.

4 hours ago, sansenri said:

Lovely pen David. I had seen this Etruria of yours before, but not in such lovely detail.

Beautiful celluloid too.

Thank you! It is a joy to write with.

David

• 4 weeks later...

@zchen That’s very nice and tempting! It’s competing in the same category as Scribo: acrylic, hand turned, gold nib, piston. In the same price range. Quite exciting! Thank you for the info!

1 hour ago, zchen said:

I just saw the Miele Selvatico Etruria Faccettata is up for pre-order at Giardino Italiano, it's LE of 300...Piston, 14K nib, 575 Euros.

http://www.giardino.it/pens/stipula/etruriafaccettata.php

I just saw that too. Exciting, but I am dissapointed that there isn't a steel nib c/c fill option for less. I guess the faceted versions of the Etruria are more difficult to produce, hence the LE of 300 and better hardware. 

5 hours ago, como said:

I just saw that Novelli has a faceted Tortoise version.https://www.novelli.it/en/pens/stipula/stipula-limited/etruria-faceted/stipula-etruria-faceted-tortoise-fountain-pen-8103--40374.html#  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImJ-nQdchv0 Both the Miele Selvatico and Tortoise are very attractive acrylic to my eye.

Following your link, I entered the rabbit hole of Novelli's Stipula limited editions...

I like the Tortoise, which I find less plasticky than the Miele and remind me of the Terra di Siena celluloid, at grossly half the price. I saw they have a faceted Amber, really gorgeous (https://www.novelli.it/en/pens/stipula/stipula-limited/etruria-faceted/stipula-etruria-faceted-amber-fountain-pen-4633--12275.html#), but this is priced at €1,139.34 (plus IVA, I understand), so at least at the moment it is totally out of my range.

I may see that the price for faceted pens is higher than for those cigar-shaped, probably depending on a more laborious production, but nonetheless almost 600 Euros (or almost 700 US$) for a pen made in acrylic plastic is something that I find very expensive. We were used to pay those sums for pens in celluloid, which is a much more exclusive and difficult-to-produce material, not to speak of its intrinsic aesthetic characteristics of depth and transparency. 

18 hours ago, fpupulin said:

Following your link, I entered the rabbit hole of Novelli's Stipula limited editions...

I like the Tortoise, which I find less plasticky than the Miele and remind me of the Terra di Siena celluloid, at grossly half the price. I saw they have a faceted Amber, really gorgeous (https://www.novelli.it/en/pens/stipula/stipula-limited/etruria-faceted/stipula-etruria-faceted-amber-fountain-pen-4633--12275.html#), but this is priced at €1,139.34 (plus IVA, I understand), so at least at the moment it is totally out of my range.

I may see that the price for faceted pens is higher than for those cigar-shaped, probably depending on a more laborious production, but nonetheless almost 600 Euros (or almost 700 US$) for a pen made in acrylic plastic is something that I find very expensive. We were used to pay those sums for pens in celluloid, which is a much more exclusive and difficult-to-produce material, not to speak of its intrinsic aesthetic characteristics of depth and transparency. 

Wow, I like the look of the tortoise acrylic but yes, that's a very expensive FP. 

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow