Stipula Etruria Photo Thread

fpupulin

The titanium nib on one of my Ambras is a funny tool.

It is effectively elastic and quite flexible, even if not comparable to the true flex vintage nibs like those produced by Omas until the end of the Sixties.

As RubenDh wrote in another thread, the blade of titanium is pretty thin, and one has often the impression that a joyful pressure could destroy the tines... Until now, however, the Ambra worked flawlessly with its flexible nib in titanium.

The only point I would change in this nib is the basic width. It lays down a wet line more similar to a broad fine, or a skinny medium. If originally grind to an extra-fine tip, it would have shown better its flex properties.

fpn_1560289909__stipula_etruria_ambra_ti

In the Ambra celluloid, the dark brown tones are actually a vivid purple, made darker by the thickness of the material. Where the celluloid is thinner, like in the section, or the lip of the cap, the transparency of the material shows it "true" color. I especially like, in the Ambra, these purple glows that make the pen so vivid.

fpn_1560289966__stipula_etruria_ambra_ti

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fpupulin

• sansenri

• como

• RubenDh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, I'm in "need" of a sixth Etruria to complete my Franklin Christoph Penvelope Six case.

Any suggestions?

g6qCpWc.jpg

Pizza :D ! Ok, Volterra...

Okay, I'm in "need" of a sixth Etruria to complete my Franklin Christoph Penvelope Six case.

Any suggestions?

Pizza :D ! Ok, Volterra...

I must say the Volterra is the one I've been thinking aboutA LOT lately. Partially thanks to the outstanding review by SBRE Brown.

I happen to like pizzas a lot as well :D

I'll just need to track one down :ninja:

PS: Am I the only one that photoshops 'want-to-get' pens into your current collection to see how the collection would look?

Edited by RubenDh

Looking at the mix of colors of your actual (beautiful) collection, I would strenuously search for the elusive Etruria Magnifica Gran Sasso, one of the best greens around. Also the recent "Miele Selvatico" appeals to me.

Judging from the (few) photographs of the recent Etrurias available on the web, it seems however that the cap ring is not more made with the "lost wax" technique (so someway high relief), and this was a key point in the classic Etrurias which I have in the highest esteem.

Also the recent "Miele Selvatico" appeals to me.

Judging from the (few) photographs of the recent Etrurias available on the web, it seems however that the cap ring is not more made with the "lost wax" technique (so someway high relief), and this was a key point in the classic Etrurias which I have in the highest esteem.

Do you mean the third from the right in the picture below? (I made this picture when I was in the shop of Novelli in Rome this Februari).

I saw no Stipulas in the glass display cases/cabinets so I asked him about it and low and behold, he went upstairs and returned with a whole array of Etrurias :)

The trim ring seems to be casted still, but from a matt alloy instead of silver.

cf3V9El.jpg

Edited by RubenDh

No no, there is at least another one like you :D . Here is a cut-out I did to visualise how a future Conid (or two) might fit with my Omas demos. Sorry the photo shouldn't belong here but just to make a point.

PS: Am I the only one that photoshops 'want-to-get' pens into your current collection to see how the collection would look?

post-145678-0-96551500-1560354307.jpg

I don't think I would have managed to walk out of Novelli without at least one of those three on the right...

back to Etrurias

here is a recent LE using ebonite, in purple-black swirl.

very difficult to get the colour of this pen in a photo, the late sun was shining through my window and I noticed the only way to see the true colour was to hold the pen up in the sunshine.

Hand held photo on an unpretentious 4/3 Lumix camera...(the lens is a Leica macro Elmarit though...)

fpn_1560380728__p1180522-3_stipula_etrur

here is another recent Etruria

this is the Corsani LE in ebonite called sabbia (sand)

the pen looks slightly darker in the photos than it is in real life.

The Corsani LE is a rather interesting pen, the clip belongs to the Novecento, but the Stipula look is there and it fits the Etruria quite nicely. The rings and the ink window are nice too! The shape is very classic Etruria.

fpn_1560382040__p1170059-3_corsani_etrur

fpn_1560382283__p1170061-3_corsani_etrur

sansenri, your box of wonders has no bottom!

the pen looks slightly darker in the photos than it is in real life.

The Corsani LE is a rather interesting pen, the clip belongs to the Novecento, but the Stipula look is there and it fits the Etruria quite nicely. The rings and the ink window are nice too! The shape is very classic Etruria.

fpn_1560382040__p1170059-3_corsani_etrur

fpn_1560382283__p1170061-3_corsani_etrur

I really like the idea of an ink window in the Etruria models and I really like the material.

But I must say I'm not a big fan of the cap rings and clip as I prefer the old style 'casted' ornaments.

Thanks, as always, for sharing!

I like the earthy colors of this pen, which is at the same time an elegant writing instrument and a workhorse. It plays well with the woods and with pastel colors, like those of these two roses.

These warm shades of brown are, in my eyes, so Italian, so Tuscan ...

fpn_1561497162__stipula_etruria_ambra_wi

I entered the Stipula universe with a humble Rainbow Demonstrator LE, Steel nib. I love this pen very much! Just the right heft and size and a very fine writer.

One questionhow does the nib unit come out? It is not a friction fit is it?

post-113598-0-51852100-1562155103_thumb.jpeg

post-113598-0-96309000-1562155128_thumb.jpeg

Who doesn't like a cool ink in a piston-demonstrator with a stub nib?

ebD7jht.jpg

hello Reuben, I have the same pen. Can you tell me how the nib is fitted in—is it friction fit or threaded? I don’t want to force it.

hello Reuben, I have the same pen. Can you tell me how the nib is fitted inis it friction fit or threaded? I dont want to force it.

The nib and feed are friction fitted in the collar 👍

• 2 weeks later...

@pschwartz

yes, the nibs are friction fit, they usually slide out quite easily if you grab the nib and bottom of the feed holding the pen and wiggling it slightly.

In a few cases when the nib was sort of stuck I helped myself with a thin rubber mat to grip the nib more firmly. It works.

There is a flat part in the housing, and the feed has a flat bottom, so that when you put the nib and feed back in you are sure you are fitting it in in the correct position.