Stipula Etruria Photo Thread

fpupulin

grazie

quite a few Stipula actually, they really are one of my favourite brands, pity their production has been somewhat erratic

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fpupulin

• sansenri

• como

• RubenDh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great topic, and beautiful pens. Here's my pair, one old with an 18K Extra Fine nib and a newer Rainbow with T-Flex titanium nib.

I love these pens, but think I prefer the 18K over the Titanium nib.

post-149092-0-19091300-1555279026_thumb.jpg

post-149092-0-42523000-1555279036_thumb.jpg

Thank you, David!

Do you know Ifigenia the Rosa Verde celluloid is the same used on the Volterra? And do you find that your Chatterley’s “Champagne” is the same celluloid as the one of the Fiesole?

I also like crisp italic nibs a lot!

These are the old Tibaldi Rosso Verde and Havana Blue celluloids respectively. The Rosso Verde has been used in variety of Stipulas including the Voltera and several LE's they made for Chatterley Pens. It's also been used by Bexley who called it Brick Red. The Havana Blue is indeed the celluloid used for the Fiesole, and again, several LE's Stipula made for Chatterley Pens.

thank you raging.dragon

so the Tibaldi rosso verde (I heard it also called pizza?) that was used in this Bexley for Gaston is the same in the Stipula Volterra?

(missing that one, damn...)

fpn_1555434161__p1160666-3_stipula_gasto

thank you, como.

Regarding the other celluloids Tibaldi used, there is a thread here started by Vicary mentioning/showing them.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/61717-tibaldi-the-collection/

I think the Havana blue used by Tibaldi is the same that Stipula has used for Etruria Fiesole, and that Chatterly called Champagne in his faceted Etrurias (see mine above).

There is another great thread here, started by jiesh in 2011 and miraculously still showing all his great pictures (no Photobucket!!)

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/188886-stipula-etruria-amber-alter-ego-fiesole-and-991/

in his photos the Etruria Amber is the early version with the straight section.

the same Tibaldi celluloids were used by Bexley

see this thread here by Zaddick

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/325408-tibaldi-celluloid-share-pictures-of-your-pens/

and it seems also were used by Stipula itself to do the set for Mercury

in fact see here my other Mercury in this celluloid

The rings and clip make it look like a Tibaldi.

fpn_1555448652__p1170357-3_stipula_for_m

remarkable how much info we have on FPN!

Thank you, David!

Do you know Ifigenia the Rosa Verde celluloid is the same used on the Volterra? And do you find that your Chatterley’s “Champagne” is the same celluloid as the one of the Fiesole?

I also like crisp italic nibs a lot!

Yes. Both of the associations are true.

David

thank you raging.dragon

so the Tibaldi rosso verde (I heard it also called pizza?) that was used in this Bexley for Gaston is the same in the Stipula Volterra?

(missing that one, damn...)

At least one, probably a few, of Bexley's 2013 Columbus Pen Show pens were also made in this celluloid. I'll try to get a decent photo.

I can perhaps add some pictures to showcase the Fiesole version. (my Fiesole arrived this morning! Happy days)

BRVKKho.jpgVQRuORB.jpgXe1VMPY.jpgG4vUXky.jpgOJPAhPD.jpgQ5EVXnL.jpg

My fiesole is a C/C filler with a monotone 14k nib. This means (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong) that I have the 'light' edition. It's not numbered.

I can perhaps add some pictures to showcase the Fiesole version. (my Fiesole arrived this morning! Happy days)

Q5EVXnL.jpg

Congratulations, Ruben!

That Fiesole really complements perfectly the other brown shades of your Ambra and Alter Ego! And I like the monochrome nib, which I find quite classy.

The deep relief of the cera persa in the solid silver ring on the Etrurias cap is simply and gorgeously beautiful!

A great trio you have.

fpn_1555448652__p1170357-3_stipula_for_m

remarkable how much info we have on FPN!

Remarkable indeed. And we should particularly thank you, sansenri, for the quantity of information and images, both direct and indirect, which you provided to this thread.

No doubt you have a particularly well selected group of pens in your collection!

As much as I enjoy the beautiful and varied celluloids used by Stipula in its Etruria, to me the Amber celluloid represents the quintessence of this model. The ambra is for me the color of the Tuscany terracotta, of the dark brown land of the sweet Tuscany hills and the Maremma, the Etruscan lands!

For this thread, I shot my two Etrurias Amber (a piston fill and a c/c) together with a bucchero terracotta, a modern remake made utilizing the same oven technique of the original Etruscan bucchero.

fpn_1555727000__my_stipula_etrurias_1_fp

Then, with the fine, gold nib of the piston fill Etruria I drawn an Etruscan motif and wrote the name Etruria in Roman littera lapidaria for a second shot.

fpn_1555727716__my_stipula_etrurias_2_fp

Edited by fpupulin

These pictures made me wonder, when did Stipula change from the (early versions') straight section to the concaved ones?

I have the Ambra with a straight section and would like to place period on it

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question for all fhe Stipula Etruria fans out there: does anyone have any idea how to disassemble the cap?! I have a Stipula Casa Battló whose clip is misaligned and I would like to remove it and straighten it.

I have no idea of how to do it, but in my case I would prefer trying to contact a technician at Stipula. I do not know if the email addresses are still valid (I had them some three years ago), but worth a try:

sabrina.casagrande@ideaprima.eu (Italy)

maria.luengo@ideaprima.eu (international)

As much as I enjoy the beautiful and varied celluloids used by Stipula in its Etruria, to me the Amber celluloid represents the quintessence of this model. The ambra is for me the color of the Tuscany terracotta, of the dark brown land of the sweet Tuscany hills and the Maremma, the Etruscan lands!

For this thread, I shot my two Etrurias Amber (a piston fill and a c/c) together with a bucchero terracotta, a modern remake made utilizing the same oven technique of the original Etruscan bucchero.

fpn_1555727000__my_stipula_etrurias_1_fp

Then, with the fine, gold nib of the piston fill Etruria I drawn an Etruscan motif and wrote the name Etruria in Roman littera lapidaria for a second shot.

fpn_1555727716__my_stipula_etrurias_2_fp

the fact is, you're an artist, Franco!

• 2 weeks later...

The Italian children of my generation grew up in the shadow of the adventures of Sandokan, the prince of Borneo transformed into a pirate to fight, together with his "Mompracem tigers", against the English and Dutch colonization of Malaysia.

The author of these fantastic stories gathered in eleven books, the Italian writer Emilio Salgari, stimulated our fervent imagination of boys with his detailed description of the transparent seas and the dark forests of Borneo, Sarawak, and Malaysia, and the thousands of small unexplored islands that emerge like ghosts from the waters of the Sunda Sea. Curiously, Salgari never left Italy, and his heroes, as well as the exotic places of their adventures, are entirely the product of his imagination.

The intensely perfumed flowers of lime and spices of Phalaenopsis violacea, an orchid native to Malaysia, Sumatra and Borneo, awaken in me memories of the fantastic adventures of the Pirates of Malaysia and their struggles against colonial oppression.
Here I portrayed her together with my Stipula Etruria, with its deep tones of exotic amber, on a small table also made of exotic woods: the pen of Sandokan's loyal lieutenant, Yanez of Gomera...
fpn_1558880175__stipula_etruria_ambra_an
Edited by fpupulin

thank you for bringing up Salgari and Sandokan (an exclusively Italian early reading experience, I guess), I read almost all the books in the series while a small boy, sort of mysteriously introduced to this exotic world by my elder sister (who was obviously in love with the pirate...)