Stipula Etruria Photo Thread

fpupulin

Here is one more Etruria

I got this by chance and I am not sure why it's supposed to be an LE

Its a black version, CC filling system, and it came with a Titanium nib, but I eventually swapped it with a 14k.

fpn_1554413062__p1150440-3_stipula_etrur

The barrel says 57/88 and I am still curious as to why this was a LE...

fpn_1554413622__p1150445-3_stipula_etrur

Edited by sansenri

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fpupulin

• sansenri

• como

• RubenDh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the value of a photo thread... I never realized that the Etruria Gallicana was considerably smaller than a "regular" (hem, a large pen) Etruria. The Terra di Siena and the Amber are visually quite similar, but nonetheless they are two completely different materials!

When you will have a chance, would you mind to post a photograph of your "older" Amber Etruria uncapped, to appreciate the straight section?

It's just the perspective. The Gallicana is only a millimeter or so shorter than the regular Etruria. It's also a bit wider and heavier. Here's another picture, uncapped.

fpn_1554422521__size.jpg

I'm not a real fan of demonstrators either, but the Etruria Rainbow pens are rather peculiar, they are big (among the biggest demonstrators) and they always have that comfortable Etruria shape that I like.

This is my Rainbow Green

And this is my Rainbow Yellow

The “rainbow” demonstrators really look interesting. And you are right about the shape of the Etruria: it is at the same time very imposing (and characteristic) and comfortable to write with. It is a great model!

Here is one more Etruria

I got this by chance and I am not sure why it's supposed to be an LE

Its a black version, CC filling system, and it came with a Titanium nib, but I eventually swapped it with a 14k.

The barrel says 57/88 and I am still curious as to why this was a LE...

Now you let we all quite intrigued bu your finding and the reason of the limitation number. Do you know which material the pen is made of? Maybe the limitation depends on the material “particularity”...

It's just the perspective. The Gallicana is only a millimeter or so shorter than the regular Etruria. It's also a bit wider and heavier. Here's another picture, uncapped.

fpn_1554422521__size.jpg

Thank you very much for posting the photo and correcting my interpretation of the Gallicana size, based on a “perspective error”.

Even though the shape of the Etruria with the “ergonomic” section has now become a classic, I find that the straight grip of your pen made up for a coherent and pretty pen design. I like it.

The “rainbow” demonstrators really look interesting. And you are right about the shape of the Etruria: it is at the same time very imposing (and characteristic) and comfortable to write with. It is a great model!

Absolutely true, the only other pen that comes close in shape is the Edison Collier, but it's not quite there by a fraction...(and of course vs the Stipula celluloids there is no match)

fpn_1554422521__size.jpg

I missed buying a Gallicana sometime ago and regret it... very nice pen!

Now you let we all quite intrigued bu your finding and the reason of the limitation number. Do you know which material the pen is made of? Maybe the limitation depends on the material “particularity”...

Actually not, I have wondered whether it might be celluloide, certainly it's not celluloid nitrate, I would recognize the smell, it might be celluloid acetate, but might also be resin, also considering it's not a piston filler.

It does look very sober all in black...

I have also wondered whether the LE might be due to the titanium nib, but have found no references.

Edited by sansenri

here is one more peculiar Etruria,

this is a Stipula Etruria Colonna Classica, it's a resin pen made in collaboration between Stipula and Chutterley Luxuries, and it's a LE of only 18 pens.

It's a piston filler, somewhat heavier that other Etruria I have, the tactile feel of the striped barrel and cap is really nice.

fpn_1554492051__p1150494-3_stipula_etrur

there is still reference to this pen on Chatterley's site (although it's since long out of stock)

https://chatterleyluxuries.com/product/stipula-etruria-colonna-classica-limited-edition-fountain-pen/

Edited by sansenri

Cool Etruria, I really dig the stripes on it! I'll share some pictures of the Fiesole that I bought today when it arrives!

This is one of my favourites, the Nuda showing a bit of blue. Should really clean it soon.

post-1517-0-79197100-1554569315_thumb.jpg

nice, how do you plan to clean it?, I need some advice for my yellow one...

here is one more

Stipula Etruria faceted champagne Chatterley

this is again a cooperation production between Stipula and Chatterley Luxuries

(Bryant has often done these, in my opinion his co-operations with Stipula are among the best LEs he has done)

sorry for the photo, I need to take a better one; due to the white background and insufficient lighting contrast is too high and the champagne celluloid does not show in all it's glory

fpn_1554577715__p1080959-3_stipula_etrur

Edited by sansenri

Was going to use some 'cleaner ink' that has been mentioned in the ink subsection. Of course if that fails it will be in an ultrasonic cleaning tray.

(Bryant has often done these, in my opinion his co-operations with Stipula are among the best LEs he has done)

sorry for the photo, I need to take a better one; due to the white background and insufficient lighting contrast is too high and the champagne celluloid does not show in all it's glory

How do you like the faceted version? Superior or inferior to the classic rounded shape? I haven't been lucky yet to try and hold a faceted one. Does it post?

here is one more peculiar Etruria,

this is a Stipula Etruria Colonna Classica, it's a resin pen made in collaboration between Stipula and Chutterley Luxuries, and it's a LE of only 18 pens.

It's a piston filler, somewhat heavier that other Etruria I have, the tactile feel of the striped barrel and cap is really nice.

fpn_1554492051__p1150494-3_stipula_etrur

there is still reference to this pen on Chatterley's site (although it's since long out of stock)

https://chatterleyluxuries.com/product/stipula-etruria-colonna-classica-limited-edition-fountain-pen/

Of the various pens inspired to the motif of the classic column, yours is in my opinion one the more interesting shapes. I think that a version of this pen in a lighter color would have been simply fantastic!

here is one more

fpn_1554577715__p1080959-3_stipula_etrur

I absolutely like faceted pens! And this one would have been one of my choice, if only had three or four rings less on the cap...

You have an extraordinary collection of Etrurias!

This is one of my favourites, the Nuda showing a bit of blue. Should really clean it soon.

I like with its shadow of blue!!