Wancher Sailor Limited Edition Hammered Metal Finish

mke

This Professional Gear pen is on sale from April 1st. Hopefully no joke.

I didn't find it on their website.

The news was published on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/WancherGlobal/photos/a.443338582362765/2627132687316666/

(deep linking doesn't work - sorry)

also published on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/wancher_official/

Edited by mke

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mke

• 1nkulus

• OmegaMountain

• MalcLee

Nice looking pen, although I like almost anything that's blue.

Do you know if the body is metal or some sort of resin?

I like the colour and hammered finish.

Hope it is the PG rather than Slim. Metal would be fantastic. drool.gif

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Looks like it might be a Japan only release and you would have to use a buying service if you wanted to buy one from the U.S.

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts." - Patrick Rothfuss

> Japan only release

No, they write that they will sell international.

I'm so torn on wancher. They do a lot of cool stuff but a lot of their stuff is heinously expensive (sometimes quite a bit more than I'd expect for pens, particularly their JoWo nib option urusi pens costing north of $600)

But this... I like this. A lot. If it was a 1911 I'd be in dangerous risk of buying one.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Only 15 pens available.

From FB:

"Please keep an eye on wancherpen.com, we will open for pre-order at 5PM, APRIL 1ST, JAPAN TIME, FIRST COME FIRST SERVED. And yes, worldwide shipping is available!

For your information, this is an limited fountain pen featuring Japanese traditional color “藍” (/ai/) or "Love". The professional gear body is made by 鍛金 (/tankin) or Japanese hammering technique. This is the first and only Japanese fountain pen that the artisan can apply a natural color on aluminum body. The pen comes with 14k rhodium plated gold nib. Nib choices: F and M.
This pen is made by the collaboration between Wancher Inc., Sailor Pen Company, Nagao Seisakusho Co.,Ltd and Oita Made Co.,Ltd."

Edited by mke

Wonder what the price will be...

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts." - Patrick Rothfuss

A Japanese seller has had it on Ebay for a few days now, saying release date will be April 20. THey say they have 4 available and price it at $738.

I have no idea what the original Wancher price is.

I'm so torn on wancher. They do a lot of cool stuff but a lot of their stuff is heinously expensive (sometimes quite a bit more than I'd expect for pens, particularly their JoWo nib option urusi pens costing north of $600)

At US$450 I can't think of a cheaper fully urushi-finished pen out there?

One can buy many kind of pens for that money, even NOS Montblanc 149 - but it is the buyer's decision not ours.

One can buy many kind of pens for that money, even NOS Montblanc 149 - but it is the buyer's decision not ours.

You are quite right Michael. I can't see myself paying north of $500 for this pen - but being 15 pieces made + "Unicorn poop swirl" - it will sell up quickly irrespective of price.

Edit: 1706 Australian CSTime: looks like that pen had listed at $500 and had already sold out.

Edited by MalcLee

Well I am in for one, got the M Nib. F was sold out already, got in at 10:19PM HST (19 minutes in) so maybe not as popular as thought would be? I been wanting a more metal finish over a the plastic feeling resin so may replace one of my pens...

Edited by Rerona

Enjoy your new pen!

I will wait until they have a pen where not only barrel and cap are made from hammered metal.

(A working nib in the same style would be a dream.)

Was the price 500 USD?

Still waiting to hear from my friend if he was able to get one for me.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Had it all the way to completing the PayPal checkout and... didn't. I wanted it but there are things we need for the new house so I was a responsible adult.

Was the price 500 USD?

Still waiting to hear from my friend if he was able to get one for me.

$490 so basically, yes.

$490 so basically, yes.

What were the nib options?

Engineer :

What were the nib options?

Fine & Medium only.