Pelikan M600 Vibrant Orange

osallent

Some of you may remember my thread from the other day, talking about my new M101N Red Tortoiseshell....my first Pelikan for more than a decade.

Well, I wanted to wait to see the M600 Limited Edition for this year before deciding to add another Pelikan, but I saw this M600 Orange Vibrant at some dealer called Goulet Pens. I don't know anything about this dealer, but their website came up when I was searching for some Pelikan inks, and it looked legit. Hopefully they are not some shady back alley pen store.

Anyway, I'm not particularly a fan of orange, but I like the loudness of this pen for some reason. What do you guys think of this pen? Any of you have one? How translucent is it in real life?

Here is a picture from Pelikan's website. I will post photos of my own when I get it. I bet it's going to look awesome next to my M101N Red Tortoiseshell.

post-148689-0-92664400-1553128072_thumb.jpg

Edited by osallent

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• osallent

• sargetalon

• bbs

• Charles Rice

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ha! Some dealer. The Goulet's are very well known and reputable. Good people with tremendous involvement in the fountain pen community.

As far as my thoughts and some pics, I'll refer you to a review I did back in November; https://thepelikansperch.com/2018/11/17/pelikan-m600-vibrnant-orange-review/. It's a great pen if you don't want to hold out for another white striped M6xx model.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

@sargetalon I haven't been active in the hobby in over a decade. I don't remember Goulet Pens from back then, though I was impressed with the website when I stumbled across it earlier today.

Anyway, thank you for the fantastic review. It confirms I made the right choice to buy the pen. Your stunning Vibrant Green M600 makes me wish I had one too. I'll have to shop for a slightly used pre-owned one if I have the chance. That M800 Vibrant Blue was something else too. Probably the nicest Pelikan I've ever seen. Congrats on owning such beautiful pens.

I'm also glad to see that I wasn't the only one reminded of the Delta Dolcevita by the color scheme. That pen was my grail pen when I first started, though I never bought one in the end. But I've always wanted an orange pen with that bright orange color since I first saw a Delta Dolcevita. I just didn't know it would end up being a Pelikan instead.

Edited by osallent

It's a great pen if you don't want to hold out for another white striped M6xx model.

Is that a really big hint, Joshua?! Intriguing if so!

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Is that a really big hint, Joshua?! Intriguing if so!

Maybe...

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

@sargetalon I haven't been active in the hobby in over a decade. I don't remember Goulet Pens from back then, though I was impressed with the website when I stumbled across it earlier today.

Anyway, thank you for the fantastic review. It confirms I made the right choice to buy the pen. Your stunning Vibrant Green M600 wish I had one too. I'll have to shop for a slightly used pre-owned one if I have the chance. That M800 Vibrant Blue was something else too. Probably the nicest Pelikan I've ever seen. Congrats on owning such beautiful pens.

I'm also glad to see that I wasn't the only one reminded of the Delta Dolcevita by the color scheme. That pen was my grail pen when I first started, though I never bought one in the end. But I've always wanted an orange pen with that bright orange color since I first saw a Delta Dolcevita. I just didn't know it would end up being a Pelikan instead.

There are a couple of M600 Vibrant Greens and M805 Vibrant Blues up on eBay as of now.

Maybe another time. I don't want to abuse my budget. I think I'll probably start saving for that other M600 you are hinting at. Sounds intriguing.

I managed a Vibrant Green from Pelikan/Niche just before they sold out but prefer the Green O'Green model from a little earlier.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

• 2 weeks later...

This was waiting for me in the mail when I got back from a quick overseas trip.

post-148689-0-50064900-1554082896_thumb.jpg

Enjoy the lovely bird.

Pelikans are known to mysteriously multiply... hopefully, more to follow. wink.png

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.