Lamy Peridote Ink

visvamitra

Lamy joins a Gemstone Club with their new series of "originally" named inks. As much as I'm excited about new Lamy inks, I loathe their lack of creativity. Call it a pet peeve but when I see another line of inks inspired by gemstonjes, I clench my teeth.

Anyway, the bottles and packaging look cool.

fpn_1552854085__peridot_bottle3.jpg

fpn_1552854097__peridot_bottle.jpg

Ink

fpn_1552854113__peridote_is.jpg

The ink is strongly saturated. It's intense, strong, and vivid. Also, it behaves well. I would say that if you look for well behaved and strong ink in a similar color, look no more.

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

fpn_1552854126__peridote_rk.jpg

Color ID

fpn_1552854159__peridot_f_3.jpg

Midori, GvFC Tamitio, M

fpn_1552854143__peridot_f_1.jpg

fpn_1552854170__peridot_f_2.jpg

Fabriano, Hero 5032, stub 1.9

fpn_1552854202__peridot_stub.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bo Bo Olson

• Mr.Rene

• lapis

• visvamitra

The bottles look to have a wide opening, better to accommodate #6 and larger nibs.

Another great review Vis. I was looking at reviews for Bungubox Ink of the Witch, and the Color Chooser would not load. My plan was to use your color values to compare the Witch ink to Diamine Eclipse.

It does not matter now as I have no plans to spend that much on inks now.

Posted Image

Thank you for the review! It looks interesting, but not tempting enough for me.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Great review thank you. As I suspected it looks nothing like any peridot I've ever seen but I actually quite like the colour.

I'm glad you're starting these. I've been waiting for your reviews before I buy some

Thanks Vis, but no thanks to Lamy. They're startng to bore me too much. Apart from that, this ink probably won't be available in Germany anyhow.......................

Ho hum fpn_1552859947__ho_hum.jpg

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

It reminds me a little of Diamine November Rain.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Hi Visvamitra!

I just got a sampler of Lamy Benitoite ink...document proof formula...I think or guess it is iron gall ink..looks and tastes like this kind of classic formula inks...Any idea if I am in the correct way ? Nice review... Regards

Thanks Vis, but no thanks to Lamy. They're startng to bore me too much. Apart from that, this ink probably won't be available in Germany anyhow.......................

Ho hum fpn_1552859947__ho_hum.jpg

Hi Mike

I find it very puzzling that this ink can't be purchased in Germany. Do you know why it's like that ? There's so many mysteries with Lamy .

Edited by Patrick L

You can get all of them in Germany. A stationary shop in Berlin (hello, lapis!) is Moranga, they have the whole line for ca. 10€ each.

No affiliation, just a happy customer.

Edited as the €-sign got lost somehow. (?)

Edited by JulieParadise

You can get all of them in Germany. A stationary shop in Berlin (hello, lapis!) is Moranga, they habe the whole line for ca. 10 each.

Still annoyed that EUR9.50 translates to AUD30 when they sell here :( price of living downunder.

(T50s are EUR7.00 = AUD20)

I'm a bit surprised you don't hate the colour!

I received 4 Lamy t53 this afternoon. This one is so incomparably ugly, you have to see it for real, that i am even hesitating to give it away.

Okay, okay, since there are some Lamy things I love, I thought I'd whip it out and buy the grey version of this line. It writes okay, looks okay, is wet and has lube. But the bottle is a catastrophe.

The neck's inside diameter of 28.5 mm is of course wide enough, even for my M1000, unlike those of the 1670 Herbins or 30-ml Diamines, but the (straight, vertical) height of the ink is only 19 mm, and that is just not deep enough for its complete nib length of 27 mm. It was hard (maybe impossible) to fill that pen from a full bottle of this ink -- even with both bottle and pen dangerously tilted -- and will become only more and more difficult in the up and coming future.

However, I must conclude that although the slightly triangular, oval glass bottle's cross-section is maybe a matter of taste, its cap's design and function are absolutely excellent.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)