Fountain Pen Related Youtube Channels

penzel_washinkton

Hey all,

Just want to share this information that I compiled since I rarely see the YouTube channel information here (and definitely not compiled).

Hopefully it proves to be useful to you guys, apologies if the list is quite long resulting in harder navigation.

fpn_1552834278__fountainpen_yt_channeled

Edited by penzel_washinkton

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penzel_washinkton

• nibtip

• K Singh

• Honeybadgers

Good Initiative. Should be useful for those who are new to fountain pens.

Here are a few others that I've subscribed to and you may want to check them out:

Pens and Tea

Sal

Scrively

Troy Laplante

Dr Fountain Pens

I have tried to watch some YouTube videos on fountain pens but have found them to be too slow and too long with extensive views of hands and fingers twiddlling a fountain pen with basic commentary.

Which of the above offers relevant and valuable information in a short period of time. Five minutes is the extent of my attention span for most YouTube videos on any topic.

I enjoy listening to pen podcasts, too -- The Nib Section (Australia) and Fountain Pen Companion (Europe) -- while engaging in very important pencrastination.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Appreciate all the kind words, maybe I will keep this updated and in a more user friendly format.

Good Initiative. Should be useful for those who are new to fountain pens.

Here are a few others that I've subscribed to and you may want to check them out:

Pens and Tea

Sal

Scrively

Troy Laplante

Dr Fountain Pens

Thanks for the input! I've had these in my mind but somehow forgot to incorporate them into the list. Might be wise to replace the inactive ones but would be a shame since some of them still have high quality video content.

I enjoy listening to pen podcasts, too -- The Nib Section (Australia) and Fountain Pen Companion (Europe) -- while engaging in very important pencrastination.

I also follow FPC podcast, the difference in multiple personality opinions on the podcast is always interesting.

I have tried to watch some YouTube videos on fountain pens but have found them to be too slow and too long with extensive views of hands and fingers twiddlling a fountain pen with basic commentary.

Which of the above offers relevant and valuable information in a short period of time. Five minutes is the extent of my attention span for most YouTube videos on any topic.

There is one YT channel that I have in mind for quick reviews, check out Quick Fountain Pen Review (forgot to put that into the list). The channel however does not do audio review and is like a time lapse / quick shot of the reviewer writing a review of the pen. Your input is appreciated, might be wise to put average duration on the channels.

Also one thing, there is a reason why I believe the videos are at these long duration. It has something to do with the YT algorithm that tends to promote contents with a duration of minimum 10 minutes long. I've seen huge YT channel talk about this during the "adpocalypse" period.

Edited by penzel_washinkton

I also found the videos tedious. There is not that much to say about a pen.

There is a lot to be said about writing. How to do it. When to do it. Why to do it. I like to hear about why you chose that pen but also what you do with it.

I love the list. I recently discovered a few of the channels listed. Have you considered making the list alphabetical order for easy/more intuitive navigation?

Thanks for compiling the list. It will be useful to us for future reference.

Knowledge Power

Hi PW,

This is great! Thank you for the list... Davion West and one other were news to me... it's nice to see it all in a compiled list. :thumbup:

Nice catch, kSingh, I enjoy Scrively and P&T, too. :)

- Anthony

Check out Mick L as well, lovely accent and is able to critique pens. I feel like the bigger reviewers get, the more generic their feedback is.

JPL another from Australia and on your list is very critical too which is refreshing.

I try to stay away from retailer/reviewers

Great list.....more than I expected.................but being here, can't be on Youtube. :) :rolleyes:

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I appreciate all the kind words from you guys, I can keep it updated and put the updated list as a reply in this thread.

I love the list. I recently discovered a few of the channels listed. Have you considered making the list alphabetical order for easy/more intuitive navigation?

Since the format is in excel, it is possible. I can send you the native file if you wish to use it.

Hi PW,

This is great! Thank you for the list... Davion West and one other were news to me... it's nice to see it all in a compiled list. :thumbup:

- Anthony

Hi Anthony , yes Davion actually had a different YT channel name when he was active uploading fountain pens review. I believe it was West Virginia Pen Company or something? Didn't remember accurately what the name was.

Might be wise to replace the inactive ones but would be a shame since some of them still have high quality video content.

I think it would be a good idea to keep the inactive channels as well. Some channels, like Matt from Pen Habit, has so many high-quality reviews, that removing it from the list would devoid many people who are new here of seeing how well-crafted and polished a video pen review could be.

Besides, the good thing about fountain pens is that a good pen never gets old and is as refreshing to someone who buys it today, as it was to someone else who bought it say few years, or in some cases even few decades, ago.

But great list nonetheless. Really appreciate your effort in putting up this list :)

Have been following fountain pen videos on youtube for a while, so it was easy to notice the ones that could be added to the list :)

Thank you so much KSingh. I spent at least an hour discovering many new interesting chanels.

The credit should go to OP for that as he did all the hard work here. I just chimed in a few names :)

Hey all,

Just want to share this information that I compiled since I rarely see the YouTube channel information here (and definitely not compiled).

Hopefully it proves to be useful to you guys, apologies if the list is quite long resulting in harder navigation.

fpn_1552834278__fountainpen_yt_channeled

Thank you so much penzel washinkton I spent at least an hour discovering many new interesting chanels.