Rohrer & Klingner Aubergine Le Ink

visvamitra

Rohrer&Klingner produces great inks and I consider myself a great fan of the company. While their LE inks aren't easy to buy in Europe, I've managed to secure a bottle of Aubergine.

fpn_1552758255__auberginerk_rk_b.jpg

Ink Splash

fpn_1552758380__auberginerk_rk_is.jpg

The ink flows well. No hard starts, no skipping. No clogging. Overall, a great purple.

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

fpn_1552758394__auberginerk_rk.jpg

Color ID

fpn_1552758471__auberginerk_cp_3.jpg

Copy paper, Kaweco Classic Sport, medium nib

fpn_1552758497__auberginerk_f.jpg

fpn_1552758526__auberginerk_f_2.jpg

Fabriano, no-name chinese pen, fine nib

fpn_1552758560__auberginerk_cp.jpg

fpn_1552758590__auberginerk_cp_2.jpg

Fabriano, Hero 5032, stub 1.9

fpn_1552758651__auberginerk_stub.jpg

Water resistance

fpn_1552758679__auberginerk_h2o.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• visvamitra

• lgsoltek

• 1nkulus

• DrDebG

And some water resistance! Thank you for obtaining this ink and preparing this review, Visvamitra!

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

Great review, Vis! Thank you!

I love this ink! It is my favorite dark purple.

Edited by DrPenfection

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

.... While their LE inks aren't easy to buy in Europe, I've managed to secure a bottle of Aubergine.

Good review as always but just a side note for those in need: R&K's LE inks are always easy to buy in Europe, as long as they are made and sold here. As obvious as that is, it only applied to their Blau-Schwarz (2012) and still applies to the present Aubergine, both made to be sold in Germany by R&K itself. The actual problem is that all of the other R&K LEs (2011-2016) -- of course also made by R&K in Germany -- were made for and meant to be sold exclusively by completely independent companies in Japan and Taiwan. Over and above that, 5 of the 6 R&K LEs were only issued in 500 or 1000 bottles, whereas the Aubergine came out and/or will continue to come out in a total of 2000+ bottles. :) :)

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Last time I looked the charming folks at fountainfeder.de still had it in stock.

In this era of 70E luxury designer packaged Montblanc ink, I love the idea that R&K supply their exclusive editions packaged in old toilet rolls.

Edited by AidenMark

Less is More - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

Less is a Bore - Robert Venturi

I had no issues with it, but I don't use many recycled papers.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Nice shade, is this an IG ink like Salix?

In this era of 70E luxury designer packaged Montblanc ink, I love the idea that R&K supply their exclusive editions packaged in old toilet rolls.

+1

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

No it's not.

Thanks, glad I missed it. biggrin.png

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.