Inigo71

I really like the look of the pen! Its an interesting idea, and if I have a good couple of months work & my rent paid, will add one to my pen pot.

Drawing with india ink is lovely, but I dont like taking ink pot, nibs, cloth, water etc etc out with me if Im sketching outdoors, so this looks like an excellent solution.

Also I second avoiding the use of the Native American head-design if its outwith your own heritage. Id rather err on the side of being over considerate of international sensibilities than trampling on toes that have been trampled on enough, throughout history.

Instagram @inkysloth

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inigo71

• Honeybadgers

• joly1

• fountainpagan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really like the look of the pen! Its an interesting idea, and if I have a good couple of months work & my rent paid, will add one to my pen pot.

Drawing with india ink is lovely, but I dont like taking ink pot, nibs, cloth, water etc etc out with me if Im sketching outdoors, so this looks like an excellent solution.

Also I second avoiding the use of the Native American head-design if its outwith your own heritage. Id rather err on the side of being over considerate of international sensibilities than trampling on toes that have been trampled on enough, throughout history.

Hi Inkysloth.

Great to hear that you like the look of the pen, we spent a very longtime designing it, the tapered end, clip and window, we wanted to keep it very simple and elegant.

As a urban sketcher I always find a need for a fountain pen that works with indian ink so watercolor can be added.

I've already removed the icon, no problem.

Thanks again for your support.

While I don't do crowdfunding, I will definitely be picking one up once you've got them released!

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

While I don't do crowdfunding, I will definitely be picking one up once you've got them released!

Thanks Honeybadgers

Please post here when it will be generally available; I will also be pleased to buy one.

How nice to have a pen one can put “difficult” but good drawing inks into without trouble.

I also suggest that you donate 2 or 3 to some prominent art and pen bloggers such as Liz Steel and Leigh Reyes (google them to find their sites). Their reviews will get a lot of readers.

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

Just subscribed to the Instagram thread.

I will get one of these that is a certainty! I am a little tired of going around with my dip nib, india ink bottle inside a plastic bag, and cloth, when I go sketching outdoors.

Edit: will you have different nibs to go with? I rather prefer F and XF nibs.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

Please post here when it will be generally available; I will also be pleased to buy one.

How nice to have a pen one can put “difficult” but good drawing inks into without trouble.

I also suggest that you donate 2 or 3 to some prominent art and pen bloggers such as Liz Steel and Leigh Reyes (google them to find their sites). Their reviews will get a lot of readers.

Hi Maurizio.

Thanks for your support, the kickstarter will begin next monday 15th, and the online store at the beginning of June if we get enough support and we are able to produce it.

We already sent some samples to various youtube channels like Stephen Brown, Liron Yanconsky, Teoh yi chie, Mateusz Urnrbanowicz and Peter Draws. So far we got positive feedback and I hope they can make a proper review with the pen.

I take note on those bloggers, so we can reach them.

Thanks a lot Maurizio

Just subscribed to the Instagram thread.

I will get one of these that is a certainty! I am a little tired of going around with my dip nib, india ink bottle inside a plastic bag, and cloth, when I go sketching outdoors.

Edit: will you have different nibs to go with? I rather prefer F and XF nibs.

Hi Fountainpagan.

Yes ! we are going to have EF (classic, gold tone), F (arrow steel), M (arrow steel), 1.1 (classic gold tone), 1.4 (classic gold tone) and can be changed by twisting the Nib Feeder Cartridge

Later on we will be able to customize the nibs for an extra cost.

Seems we are neighbours you live in France, we are in San Sebastian (Basque country)

Bonne Soirée

We are almost there, next monday we will start the kickstarter, I will post the link when available.

Thank you for all the interest and suggestions, I hope we can make it.

How soon following the kickstarter are you expecting to be in full production (and will have completed your backer-first orders)

What are you planning on using the kickstarter for? is the design phase complete and you're looking for funds to set up production? Do you already have production lined up? If the Kickstarter doesn't generate a ton of interest, are you still planning on following through with the release?

I don't have huge hopes for most crowdfunding anymore. the craze is kind of over.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

How soon following the kickstarter are you expecting to be in full production (and will have completed your backer-first orders)

What are you planning on using the kickstarter for? is the design phase complete and you're looking for funds to set up production? Do you already have production lined up? If the Kickstarter doesn't generate a ton of interest, are you still planning on following through with the release?

I don't have huge hopes for most crowdfunding anymore. the craze is kind of over.

The kickstarter will last 40 days, and afterwards a maximum of 2 moths to send all the pens, but some parts are already in production, so we probably be able to send everything sooner.

It depends a lot on the number of pens we need to produce, right now we don't have any idea on the interest people will have.

The design is completely finish and the kickstarter will help to estimate sales, interest on the different nibs, and polish production.

Our goal is to rise 3.000 €, about 50 pens.

We have an early bird price of 55€ limited to 20 pens and then 65€ for the regular pen, plus other sets, sketchbook and a gold nib version.

We really believe in the project and we are going to produce it even if the kickstarter is not successful, we are getting good reviews from the professionals that test it and its very encouraging.

The kickstarter is a good way to get it less expensive , and for us to check the interest on the idea and the production approach.

Thanks Honeybadgers

We´ve done it, we are on kickstarter.

Here is the link
We are forwarding it, so after the kickstarter the link will head to our page.
Thanks a lot for your support and your time, hope you like the presentation.

Is the calligraphy nib only available in the set?

The pen option only list EF, F, M

You can choose any of the calligraphy nib, is not listed to keep choices simple.

There is 1.1, and 1.4

Afterwards other nibs will be available on our web page

I added your question as a frequent question on kickstarter

Edited by Inigo71

We´ve done it,

Goal reached in less than 2 days !!!!!!!

I want to thank all the support from the forum, your questions and suggestions

I hope that many of you can enjoy using one indiGraph either for writing or for sketching

Thanks again

Inigo71

Wonderful innovative pen. I looked on Kickstarter and I am confused about two things. Kindly clarify.

It is mentioned that the nibs are screw in. Are they Jowo? What size Jowo? If I have other Jowo screw in nib units #6 (of which I have many) will I be able to use them on your pen. Also I can choose an F or EF Nib presently only?

Thanks

Just was SBRE Brown's review and it looks like the membrane is doing the job.

It raised a few questions

Do you plan on making the production model post? I'm not much of an artist, but I am a paramedic, so indian ink in a metal pen would be pretty awesome in the field. But it MUST post in order to be usable.

Is it using a #5 or #6 sized JoWo screw in nib unit? Have you tested it with one of the desiderata screw in JoWo dip nib feeds to see if there's space in the cap to allow it? You could just test it by taking a zebra G dip nib, squeezing the base of it with pliers to flatten it out a smidge, and then insert it into the pen with the standard EF nib's feed.

How long does the ink reservoir last, and does the membrane/reservoir ever need replacing? How often are you finding the pen needs cleaning, even with the water system (even my fountain pen friendly iron gall requires cleaning every couple months)

Is there a specific reason the clip makes it a nib-down orientation? Does it have drying out problems if the clip's in a nib-up orientation, or just trying to not block the water filler? If possible, I would prefer a nib up clip setup. with perhaps a friction fit clip that slides over the outside of the pen like a kaweco clip (that said, a kaweco clip might fit. What's the diameter of the cap?)

HI

I use mainly pens for drawing, I would love ,using it with indian ink,to have a Delrin model, postable, with the clip on the cap, fitted with a flex nib and able to be eyedropped, as drawing with a flexy nib on plein air consumes a lot of ink, but your project is very attractive,I love it.

HI

I use mainly pens for drawing, I would love ,using it with indian ink,to have a Delrin model, postable, with the clip on the cap, fitted with a flex nib and able to be eyedropped, as drawing with a flexy nib on plein air consumes a lot of ink, but your project is very attractive,I love it.

You just kind of straight up described a desiderata, but they don't use india ink. you can get close with platinum or sailor carbon ink, but that pen otherwise is exactly what you described.