Ranga Pens: Where/how To Buy?

FountainClogger

It's a pain, yes, but I think the next time, if there's still a pandemic on (probably, given they're again doing a group buy!) I will go for another, hopefully slightly less expensive option, and use the remailer in the US. (Hopefully our lockdown will be over by then and I can actually use them again!). They are not cheap, but at least there are no hidden surprise extra charges - I know what I'll be charged, and if there is no surcharge for shipping to the US, that sounds like a workable path.

Anyhow, thanks for the suggestions, I may look up their Amazon store (was not aware of it!).

As if I needed any more pens...😉

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mhguda

• sansenri

• Jamerelbe

• sgphototn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think they switched from ebay to amazon, they used to have an ebay store, now on ebay you can find their pens offered only by Peyton Street Pens (in PSP's store they warn that outside US additional charges may be added).

Otherwise Ranga have an own site rangapens.com.

thanks for that link, they have terrific eyecandy!

I find I usually get my fix via the FPN group buys, but it's nice to see I know most of their models...

I did not find them on amazon dot com, maybe I have to try amazon dot in, but this works for me...

I did, also for Ranga fountain pens - nothing... but it's OK, the other link works fine.

by the way, does anyone have any experience with DHL tracking showing "Exception"? That's been showing for my Ranga parcel for the past few days. On their shipping tracking timeline thing it's between "in transit" and "delivered". However,  estimated delivery is not for another 7 days and it was only sent late last week. Clicking through for more details it says that my shipment is on hold at a transit country. I am wondering if the "Exception" thing is normal, or something to be concerned about.  

April 3rd I ordered a Model 3, Premium Black/Red, semi-matte finish, wider section, Bock threaded, no nib. Arrived UK yesterday, April 15. Amazing!

Add lightness and simplicate.

1 minute ago, Karmachanic said:

March 3rd I ordered a Model 3, Premium Black/Red, semi-matte finish, wider section, Bock threaded, no nib. Arrived UK yesterday, March 15. Amazing!

Are you on a special sort of daylight savings time where a whole month has been lost? It's April in the Cotswolds...

It would be nice to see this one though - I'm curious what the finish looks like on the black/red. 

1 minute ago, Karmachanic said:

March 3rd I ordered a Model 3, Premium Black/Red, semi-matte finish, wider section, Bock threaded, no nib. Arrived UK yesterday, March 15. Amazing!

Delivery is definitely much quicker with DHL - and Ranga seem to be manufacturing their pens well within the 2-week timeframe they specify.  I ordered my pen on April 3, and it arrived in hand about 11 days later:

2021-04-14 14.39.07.jpg

14 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

Are you on a special sort of daylight savings time where a whole month has been lost? It's April in the Cotswolds...

It would be nice to see this one though - I'm curious what the finish looks like on the black/red. 

Fixed it! 

Sometimes I forget what year it is. More often than not  I have no idea what day it is. No tv, no radio, no newspaper. Retirement's great!

to add: I'll try to take some snaps tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Karmachanic said:

Fixed it! 

Sometimes I forget what year it is. More often than not  I have no idea what day it is. No tv, no radio, no newspaper. Retirement's great!

to add: I'll try to take some snaps tomorrow.

I only know because I still have a school age child in the house - once she goes off to university in the autumn, I'll be completely clueless.

and thank you - I've only seen a couple of the matte/semi matte finishes, and only in plain colours, and I suspect they feel lovely. 

2 hours ago, Karmachanic said:

April 3rd I ordered a Model 3, Premium Black/Red, semi-matte finish, wider section, Bock threaded, no nib. Arrived UK yesterday, April 15. Amazing!

must show us the pen, I'm curious to see the oversize section

the last one I got, comes from the previous group buy (Abhimanyu), while currently they have a model 4 & 5 group buy going.

The pen comes in a premium ebonite that I had not seen so often before, it's a grey-beige/cream colour with quite a lot of bubbly swirls. I also like the shape.

It got here surprisingly quickly.

large.195830539_P12001443-3RangaAbhimanyugreycreampremiumebonite.jpg.6a590f35ca192a1452c247ee3e477ad5.jpg

2 minutes ago, sansenri said:

I'm curious to see the oversize section

It's not visually dramatic. Usual taper is 12.5>11mm. I don't have calipers, so I can't measure. I asked for the least taper. As a result the usual lip at the tip of the section is absent. I'm happy with the result. For me the added 0.50 - 0.70mm? makes the pen much more comfortable.

13 minutes ago, sansenri said:

I also like the shape

I've shied away from step-downs for two reasons. I find them aesthetically jarring, and as I hold away from the tip of the section, uncomfortable. Having said that, the Abhimanyu looks like it could work, between the long section and the soft step-down. I'd have to hold one to see. Maybe in the far off distant future, when the overlords allow us a pen show. Could happen 🤪

3 hours ago, Karmachanic said:

I've shied away from step-downs for two reasons. I find them aesthetically jarring, and as I hold away from the tip of the section, uncomfortable. Having said that, the Abhimanyu looks like it could work, between the long section and the soft step-down. I'd have to hold one to see. Maybe in the far off distant future, when the overlords allow us a pen show. Could happen 🤪

Well that was my initial concern, I have a real idiosyncrasy for step-downs. I took the risk on my first Abhimanyu because I liked its looks, and surprisingly I don't feel the step down at all! It must be the long section or the rounded edge of the step down or both together, it's really unobtrusive and I assure you I've stopped using (and buying) a lot of other pens for this problem. This one just works for me.

Well i just got an email for another Abhimanyu group buy in seven new acrylic colours so here's your excuse to purchase another 😛

Mine arrived earlier this week! Really happy how it turned out IMG_20210414_175731.thumb.jpg.b080641c11b75042b36d4aa68ab226b3.jpg

The new group buy has just been listed in market watch - fantastic price for such a nice pen, and some of the new colours are gorgeous. It's going to be very hard to choose...