Closed - Ranga Handmade Pens- Solid Ebonite Colours Group Buy- Bock Titanium Nibs Available

mpkandan

Was surprised to find a USPS pink-slip on my door when I went out at noon. Guess they came around whilst I was in shower. Good news is the town is small enough that I could pick up the package after 1PM.

Was more surprised as I'd only received the tracking information email on Sunday. Looking at the various stamps/markings on the package, it appears to have been sent on May 2, so only a week in shipping -- and no sign of a customs hold-up.

My biggest disappointment? I just refilled my current rotation on Sunday morning, so it will be a few weeks before I get around to inking the new pens. :lticaptd:

There are a few "specks" visible in the ebonite, but they almost look natural on the "Bamboo". The cap join on the 4C is practically invisible!

Edited by BaronWulfraed

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sansenri

• MuddyWaters

• mpkandan

• crosshatch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear All,

The response is awesome. We have received 200+ Paid orders.

We have shipped almost all packages for the payment till 14th April-19

I will be sending the tracking details on tomorrow.

We are closing this Group Buy on very happy note.

Thanks to FPN'ers again for great support as always

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

My order falls into this group, but I have yet to receive a tracking number or response from my inquiry for one. I glad to see some orders are getting to the United States.

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange.png

My order falls into this group, but I have yet to receive a tracking number or response from my inquiry for one. I glad to see some orders are getting to the United States.

Received a reply, my order will ship on the 13th.

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange.png

I'm patiently waiting arrival.

It has happened a couple of times that shipment has taken more than 6 weeks to reach here, so I need to sit back and relax...

I'm patiently waiting arrival.

It has happened a couple of times that shipment has taken more than 6 weeks to reach here, so I need to sit back and relax...

Italian border security... sipping on espresso...

No word on the pen, but I just received notification that KWZ Honey ink is back in stock from one of the vendors. Not sure if I should buy the ink yet or wait until the pen comes in. I really don't need more ink but someone recommended it as an ideal match to the pen color.

Italian border security... sipping on espresso...

The postal service isn't far behind. biggrin.png

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

suppose I'll do that too... wink.png

You might as well... if you can't beat 'em, then join 'em. laugh.png

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Mine arrived Saturday, but I got to my postal box Sunday - great Mum's Day surprise :)

It's just gorgeous!

KEEP CALM AND BOOGIE ON!

SILENCE IS GOLDEN, BUT DUCT TAPE IS SILVER.

Mine arrived Saturday, but I got to my postal box Sunday - great Mum's Day surprise smile.png

It's just gorgeous!

Glad you are pleased with your purchase. They are lovely. thumbup.gif

Engineer :

Mine arrived in Colorado yesterday. It looks awesome!!

picture please! :)

Mine arrived Saturday, but I got to my postal box Sunday - great Mum's Day surprise :)

It's just gorgeous!

picture please! :)

will help bear the waiting...

Here is a scanned handwritten first impressions review of the model 3C I received. No other photos as FPN is too hard for me. Sorry for the sheets being out of order.

post-28903-0-30876300-1558273025_thumb.jpg

post-28903-0-04226400-1558273034_thumb.jpg

Edited by countrydirt

nice writing examples

FPN too hard?

If your image is smaller than 2Mb do this (if larger reduce the size below 2 Mb first):

-top of the page: click the upload tab (a new tab opens called manage uploads)

-click browse

-browse to your image on you HD (pic not larger than 2 Mb otherwise it won't load)

-select it and click "open"

-click add image

-when the image loads, scroll to the bottom of the image, right click BBCode, copy

-now go back to your post (it's the previous tab)

-position the cursor where you want your image to show, right click, paste

before posting click more reply options, the message will show and you will be able to see if your image has loaded correctly

it's sounds more complicated in words, but easy once you've done it a couple of times...

nice writing examples

FPN too hard?

If your image is smaller than 2Mb do this (if larger reduce the size below 2 Mb first):

-top of the page: click the upload tab (a new tab opens called manage uploads)

-click browse

-browse to your image on you HD (pic not larger than 2 Mb otherwise it won't load)

-select it and click "open"

-click add image

-when the image loads, scroll to the bottom of the image, right click BBCode, copy

-now go back to your post (it's the previous tab)

-position the cursor where you want your image to show, right click, paste

before posting click more reply options, the message will show and you will be able to see if your image has loaded correctly

it's sounds more complicated in words, but easy once you've done it a couple of times...

I find it tedious to download the pictures from my phone to my computer, resize the pictures and then upload them. I have not been able to load directly from my phone. I gave up a long time ago in trying to use photos here because of that process.

I find it tedious to download the pictures from my phone to my computer, resize the pictures and then upload them. I have not been able to load directly from my phone. I gave up a long time ago in trying to use photos here because of that process.

Does your phone offer an option to shoot at a reduced resolution? Or is there some small application that will run on the phone that can be used to resize the images? (You could also try emailing the image from the phone to your computer rather than download, or use one of the many cloud storage systems to transfer from phone to cloud, then access on computer).

Arrived today!

I ordered this one a little smaller and could not be more pleased! The fit and finish rival any pen I own, whether mass-produced or bespoke.

For size comparison, here it is nestled amongst a Noodler's Ahab, an ASA Genius, and a regular-sized Ranga 3C.

fpn_1558376868__20190520_132435.jpg

Edited by Maccabeus

Lux in Obscuro Sumus

My Model 5 arrived today. I was amazed by the packaging itself, as it's the very first time I received a box sewn-in in fabric! Transit time wasn't bad at all.

P5200935.jpg

P5200937.jpg

It is enormous, much larger than any pens I own.

P5200939.jpg

P5200971.jpg

The grass green ebonite has a very nice colour, and shaping / fit is excellent. However, mine has a lot of black spots throughout the body and cap.

P5200942.jpg

I don't know if that's to be expected, but I find them very bad-looking, as if there were flaws or chipping in a paint job, which this pen obviously doesn't have, as it's solid green ebonite.

P5200943.jpg

Overall I'm impressed by the machining and fit (mine was threaded for a JoWo unit, and a Franklin-Christoph nib fit perfectly), but the flaws have disappointed me. I'm quite sad about it.

P5200969.jpg

Cheers

3776 + 4810.

I'm maintaining a comprehensive list of Iron-Gall inks. Contributions most welcome! bit.ly/irongall

The grass green ebonite has a very nice colour, and shaping / fit is excellent. However, mine has a lot of black spots throughout the body and cap.

I don't know if that's to be expected, but I find them very bad-looking, as if there were flaws or chipping in a paint job, which this pen obviously doesn't have, as it's solid green ebonite.

Overall I'm impressed by the machining and fit (mine was threaded for a JoWo unit, and a Franklin-Christoph nib fit perfectly), but the flaws have disappointed me. I'm quite sad about it.

They're not flaws. The description of the ebonite colors in the first post clearly states that there will be black flecks.

Lux in Obscuro Sumus