Closed - Ranga Handmade Pens- Solid Ebonite Colours Group Buy- Bock Titanium Nibs Available

mpkandan

Just rec'd shipping verification on my Chocolate #5 clipless ebonite...yay ! 2-4 weeks on shipping. I'm trying to decide which ink to use, or to buy a new color. Will post when I have tested.

Black goes well with any ebonite pen imo: raw pen with a raw colour. Another choice would be diamine chocolate brown, which I just bought for my gama supreme in rippled brown. Also goes well with Indian pen imo.

I'm waiting on one of those dark green ones, so I'm thinking black ink as I have recently bought too many inks and don't have a dark green anyway.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sansenri

• MuddyWaters

• mpkandan

• crosshatch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just received my Golden Brown matte 3C pen from Ranga and I'm very pleased with it.

The Bock #6 EF nib is nice, quite wet but writes an acceptably fine line - more of a F than an EF for me, but I'm happy with that and I'm looking forward to trying out some Bock alternatives later. The Golden Brown colour and matte finish are intriguing - almost a brushed/wood-like texture and definitely not tan! more of a slightly dirtied ochre colour - which might not sound appealing but as I like muted and muddy colours is. And I've a great ink match in my stash - Colorverse String which is a yellow/ochre colour that's dark enough to read easily and shades nicely with a bit of pinkish/copper sheen in swabs. Looking forward to playing with this combo over the next few weeks.

Thank you to Mr Kandan for this group buy - my first (and probably not my last) Ranga.

I'm saying this very quietly, but none of the ten or so pens I've bought from Mr Kandan via group buys has been intercepted by those nice customs officials .... Or if they have they haven't deemed them worth adding charges to.

Ah. Fingers and toes tightly crossed then! :)

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

Well I'm delighted to say that my two pens arrived with me in the UK today only 8 days after posting and I'm even more delighted that they didn't get caught for any import duty.

I got the S28 Grass Green and the S24 Golden Brown both in the super large model 5. They are biiiiiggggg pens - just as I like them They make my MB149s look like pocket pens.... ;) If I have any slight disappointment, the colours aren't as bright and vivid as in the original photographs. The S24 Golden Brown is more of a darker 'caramel' brown and the S28 Grass Green is more of an olivey green, however both pens look absolutely splendid, so I am pleased and looking forward to trying them. Thanks Mr. Kandan. :)

Edited by Aysedasi

Please post pictures of your pens

Really poor phone shots under artificial light. Makes the colours look a bit darker.

post-12997-0-07638200-1556916843_thumb.jpg

post-12997-0-77652500-1556916856_thumb.jpg

Really poor phone shots under artificial light. Makes the colours look a bit darker.

Nice pens

Knowledge Power

Nice Gesture by them.

yes, actually the Oliver pens that Ranga adds in as a giveaway are actually quite nice little pens.

They have 3 drawbacks (which however considering they are a free gift can be easily disregarded)

- they have a rather small grip, so they may not be the handier pen to use

- the nib is usually rather scratchy, but that can be easily remedied with some micromesh

(I have a few of them and they can actually be rather nice writers)

- the worst issue unfortunately is they burp like mad... and unexpectedly... so do play around with it, but be careful of your paper and desk also!...

Only tangentially related...

I hope the typhoon is not affecting Mr. Kandan and family.

Only tangentially related...

I hope the typhoon is not affecting Mr. Kandan and family.

Dear Baronwulfraed Sir,

Big thanks for your are. We are safe. It has hit other part of India . Damages are severe.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Hi Mr. Kandam- submitted 2 pens in hopes you have not closed the orders yet :)

Dear bmf3000 Sir,

Actually it is over. We are about to start next Group Buy at any time here. But I'm happy to honour your order here

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Compny

Dear All,

The response is awesome. We have received 200+ Paid orders.

We have shipped almost all packages for the payment till 14th April-19

I will be sending the tracking details on tomorrow.

We are closing this Group Buy on very happy note.

Thanks to FPN'ers again for great support as always

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Dear bmf3000 Sir,

Actually it is over. We are about to start next Group Buy at any time here. But I'm happy to honour your order here

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Compny

Thank you!

Dear bmf3000 Sir,

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Compny

I'm impressed - fantastic consideration and customer service! :thumbup:

Whenever you are fed up with life, start writing: ink is the great cure for all human ills, as I found out long ago.

~C.S. Lewis

--------------

Current Rotation:

Edison Menlo <m italic>, Lamy 2000 <EF>, Wing Sung 601 <F>

Pilot VP <F>, Pilot Metropolitan <F>, Pilot Penmanship <EF>

Got my shipping number today - huzzah! Thanks Mr. Kandan :)

KEEP CALM AND BOOGIE ON!

SILENCE IS GOLDEN, BUT DUCT TAPE IS SILVER.

Also got mine today. And also got the news that another pen I had ordered through the Ebay site was being shipped also. For me it will be one special day!!! Three Ranga pens in one day. I think I'm gonna weep a little I'm so happy. Thank you Mr. Kandan.

I am disappointed.

Can you elaborate?

On the first picture, it seems there's a crack in the ebonite. Did it arrive like that or crack during use?

I cannot make out anything on the second one.

I'm thinking on getting one, so this kind of feedback is helpful.

Seems like the first picture is a flaw in the ebonite. When forming the ebonite there can be small voids and holes. That would have or should have been caught during the shaping process and every other stage after that. The second picture looks like it has uneven shaping or had a dip or two sanded into ebonite. Solution should be to email Mr. Kandan with pictures and explain what you have. They are very nice people so something should work out.