Closed - Ranga Handmade Pens- Solid Ebonite Colours Group Buy- Bock Titanium Nibs Available

mpkandan

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sansenri

• MuddyWaters

• mpkandan

• crosshatch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Form submitted.

Model 5

S26

Doug________________________Dad's 1946 DuofoldMy 1964 45Parker Place VendomeParker Sonnet"Special" Hand turned Buffalo Horn FPand looking

Form submitted, money sent

Now to find the write (sic) ink for chocolate pen

Doug________________________Dad's 1946 DuofoldMy 1964 45Parker Place VendomeParker Sonnet"Special" Hand turned Buffalo Horn FPand looking

Form submitted for Regular Bamboo S28 Grass Green ED #6 Mono Flex Polished

KEEP CALM AND BOOGIE ON!

SILENCE IS GOLDEN, BUT DUCT TAPE IS SILVER.

Respected Drscholl Sir,

I'm attaching the Matte finish pens in these colours for your reference.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Dear Mr Kandan

I've been admiring these for a while and the matte finish is intriguing. May I ask please about the golden brown colour? In some photos it looks closer to gold/yellow (which I like) and others closer to brown (tan - which I'm less keen on) - could you let me know which you think it's closer to please? thanks

Dear Mr Kandan

I've been admiring these for a while and the matte finish is intriguing. May I ask please about the golden brown colour? In some photos it looks closer to gold/yellow (which I like) and others closer to brown (tan - which I'm less keen on) - could you let me know which you think it's closer to please? thanks

Dear Purplecate Sir,

It is not Tan definitely

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Anyone have a notion of how wide the kanwrite nibs are? I am debating fine vs flex vs medium.

my only experience is with the Kanwrite flex and it's not bad.

Flex is a big word, but this is not even semi-flex (as BoBo would call it) its a moderate spring.

The nib was slightly scratchy for me, so I gave it some micromesh. But that's just me, my nibs need to be smooth, I seem to remember you saying you like some feedback, and you are looking for fine line, so it might work for you.

In terms of nib size the Kanwrite flex nib is a F.

Compared to my Omas EF it's slightly wider but just a bit, I would say it's a real F.

If I were you I would only go for the medium if you are looking for a wider line.

But since I'm me :) if I had to choose again I would probably go for the M, but because I am not really too fond of F nibs, I tried this because I was curious about the flex, given there is not much in there, I might as well have chosen an M which I prefer in terms of line width.

hope it helps...

Edited by sansenri

Payment submitted - PayPal confirmed

KEEP CALM AND BOOGIE ON!

Form filled any payment made!

model 3, chrome clip,s30, ed, Steel #6- Chrome Mono Tone - Fine, matte

Javier

my only experience is with the Kanwrite flex and it's not bad.

Flex is a big word, but this is not even semi-flex (as BoBo would call it) its a moderate spring.

The nib was slightly scratchy for me, so I gave it some micromesh. But that's just me, my nibs need to be smooth, I seem to remember you saying you like some feedback, and you are looking for fine line, so it might work for you.

In terms of nib size the Kanwrite flex nib is a F.

Compared to my Omas EF it's slightly wider but just a bit, I would say it's a real F.

If I were you I would only go for the medium if you are looking for a wider line.

But since I'm me :) if I had to choose again I would probably go for the M, but because I am not really too fond of F nibs, I tried this because I was curious about the flex, given there is not much in there, I might as well have chosen an M which I prefer in terms of line width.

hope it helps...

Actually this does help, I would probably go with a kanwrite fine or medium as I think flex is likelier more difficult nib to get right.

Now the main thing to decide is whether that step down is a deal breaker or not. I'd like a big pen, that model 5 is beautiful, but it is not cheap. I don't like step downs in general. The question is if the thick barrel opens the proximal thumb and index separation too much, to the point that one must clamp down harder with the distal thumb, index and middle finger to compensate. Comfort is key! I'm a bit obsessed with ergonomics.

Actually this does help, I would probably go with a kanwrite fine or medium as I think flex is likelier more difficult nib to get right.

Now the main thing to decide is whether that step down is a deal breaker or not. I'd like a big pen, that model 5 is beautiful, but it is not cheap. I don't like step downs in general. The question is if the thick barrel opens the proximal thumb and index separation too much, to the point that one must clamp down harder with the distal thumb, index and middle finger to compensate. Comfort is key! I'm a bit obsessed with ergonomics.

On my Model 5, the distance between the 'lip' of the grip section (the flare before the nib) and the step up to the barrel is about 33mm (including the threads, which are smooth and relatively flat). For me, that's enough distance for the grip section to make little if any discernible difference:

fpn_1552124910__ranga_model_5_grip.jpg

Hope that helps!

Dear Purplecate Sir,

It is not Tan definitely

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Dear Mr Kandan

Many thanks, I'm struggling to choose between this and the teal.... more thinking is required.

Dear All,

Big Thanks for making it Mega success with 75 entries in no time.

Nib Options are wider than ever for this group buy

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

On my Model 5, the distance between the 'lip' of the grip section (the flare before the nib) and the step up to the barrel is about 33mm (including the threads, which are smooth and relatively flat). For me, that's enough distance for the grip section to make little if any discernible difference:

fpn_1552124910__ranga_model_5_grip.jpg

Hope that helps!

Does the section taper a lot?

Btw, is that a 1.1mm italic? Lovely handwriting with a subtle flair

Congratulations! Fingers crossed that I am near the front of the order queue :)

KEEP CALM AND BOOGIE ON!

Ordered mine through the email notification Ranga sent me before the group buy was posted here.

Does the section taper a lot?

Btw, is that a 1.1mm italic? Lovely handwriting with a subtle flair

The section has a moderate taper, but it's not extreme: from 14mm adjacent to the threads, down to 11.5mm at its narrowest point, just before the 'flare'.

(The diameter of the threaded part is ~15.5mm, if that makes a difference!).

fpn_1552193121__ranga_model_5_grip_2.jpg

My Model 5 isn't inked up at the moment (the writing in the photo was made by another pen) - but the nib on this one is a M JoWo nib ground to a fine stub (or cursive italic?) by fpnibs.com.