Inoxcrom Sirocco Negra

usk15

This is a short review of Inoxcrom Sirocco.

After purchasing the Corinthian, made as well by Inoxcrom, I come across with an offer of Sirocco and Wall Street together. Both of them had Daily Telegraph “T” logo. I find out the pens was prizes of the newspaper back in the early 2000’s, on the crossword page. I’m not bothered with the printed logo, on the Sirocco is on the cap’s jewel, on Wall Street is below the clip, on the cap.

46447385744_10e99a471d_b.jpg

1. Appearance/Design 10

Inoxcrom Sirocco it is a large pen, made of resin with gold trimmings. It’s slightly tapered on both ends, which they have black jewels. In this case on the cap it has “T” logo. The cap’s gold ring is writing INOXCROM – SPAIN.

My pen it is all black, with the smooth cap, not striated. It is a pen that can fly under the radar, not flashy!

47149429241_89059396e1_b.jpg

46235242695_316bc86859_b.jpg

47097107542_446c6eb6a3_b.jpg

46235210145_4c1a386551_b.jpg

47170975721_0a9dd79d08_b.jpg

47118939842_882db049f6_b.jpg

2. Construction/Quality 9

The pen came to me in a bad state, but because of high quality resin I was able to clean and restore easily. The section’s metal thread was stuck to the barrel, and the nib unit was loose because of that. After cleaning of residual ink, I glue with some resin the metal thread to the section. I like the thickness of the resin, substantial and solid.

It has a long and strong pocket clip. Threads on the section where cap screws on are smooth. The section has an O-ring when the barrel screw securely back on.

46447372354_f7842e56e2_b.jpg[

3. Weight/Dimensions 10

The largest from the 3 Inoxcrom pens I’ve bought. Despite being large it feels light, comfortable and well balanced, either posted or uncapped.

Dimensions:

Capped – 14.9CM

Uncapped – 13.5CM

Cap -6.5CM

Posted – 16.3CM

Weight:

Capped – 30G

Uncapped – 20G

Cap only 10G

46256899025_b3c76d22ea_b.jpg

46447401714_e76035aa11_b.jpg

47170971331_d2b9bb2ef8_b.jpg[

46256832665_0aaaf1aacc_b.jpg

4. Nib/Performance 10

It has his original nib, medium point. It is a nib made in house by Inoxcrom. It is smooth, with a hint of feedback, and actually it kind of finest medium line. It looks like #6 nibs, so easily can be swapped with another one on preference. I will keep as it is. I’m using Pilot BB ink and no complaints so far.

47096717582_e579cd044e_b.jpg

5. Filling system/Maintenance 9

This is a standard C/C pen, easy to take out the nib and feed, easy to maintain, I’m happy with this.

47170987491_c1933df290_b.jpg

6. Cost/Value

In my case, the acquisition cost is irrelevant. I have purchase the 2 pens way too low! On Ebay, Sirocco is between £60-160, depending on the cap design or acrylic used. It is worth to get one.

46447417624_e3cb51538f_b.jpg

7. Conclusion 9.6

I like large pens; I’m a big fellow, with large hands... I also like the quality of the materials, and how the pen feels in hand.

40184192813_d0c0f1472d_b.jpg

33273878838_cf7ca54502_b.jpg

47149087441_82f3a15d35_b.jpg

47149075081_ed6663b8d7_b.jpg

32207110997_46c0963da3_b.jpg

40184138743_4b90f0aaf3_b.jpg

46425641014_a045e99114_b.jpg

46234863565_556f005ece_b.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• usk15

• Taverius

• 1nkulus

• rizo

Top Posters In This Topic

... there was a beautiful red marbled sirocco on ebay.

There now isn't, but I assure it had nothing to do with me reading your post.

... there was a beautiful red marbled sirocco on ebay.

There now isn't, but I assure it had nothing to do with me reading your post.

:)

Jokes aside, the latest round of buying and selling left me with very few converter pens, though I didn't plan it this way, and I needed another one as a frequent ink swap pen.

I have large hands, so I was trying to decide on a large flat top that didn't cost a ton, I guess its destiny I landed here.

It's a very handsome pen - the best looking out of any pen in the photos, easily, though the TWSBI comes close when capped - the price is moderate, the section long and fat. The only way it could be better would be silver trim.

I'll admit to being briefly distracted by the oh so practical dimpled section on the wall street though.

Thanks for the reviews, my wallet loves you for saving us money, but hates you for making us spend money.

I will do a short review of Wall Street too, soon. Another really good pen, large, not heavy, all steel and with #6 nib and not too expensive, definitely it is worth the acquisition.

• 2 weeks later...

Horrible pictures don't do it justice, but this red marble finish is gorgeous:

VxHpjAj.jpg

zApXVE5.jpg

It's got a little bit of dirt on, and some scratches, but nothing an ultrasonic bath and a pass with a polishing cloth won't fix.

Well done!

I've seen red marble online and they look stunning!

Come back and give your opinion after few weeks of using it.

I still like my Sirocco, I'm thinking to get another one... :rolleyes:

Inoxcrom it use international standard C/C, Pilot converter may fit but it may cause leaking, not sure.

I'm using Pilot blue-black ink (70ml BTL), which I have altered with a bit of Parker Quink Black to get a darker blue ink.

Strangely CON-50 fits as snugly as a standard international does.

I did end up using a modified K5 with agitator though.

Diamine x Cult Pens Robert in it right now. Nib isn't wet enough to sheen all the way to green, so it's a good match for the look of the pen.

Its a little toothy and dry though, so the next time I send off some pens to be tuned this will be going along for the ride. I think it's slightly misaligned but given the nature of the pen I'd rather a professional took care of it.

• 1 month later...

This is my favorite pen. I like its size, ideal for the hands of a western adult man. It is elefant and its nib of the number 6 is very good and can easily be replenished with nibs from other brands. It is no longer manufactured and every day is harder to find.

Great review and the Corinthian is lovely. Shame about the GT.

They are robust pens and were quite reasonable when I gifted a dozen many years ago.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

I will do a short review of Wall Street too, soon. Another really good pen, large, not heavy, all steel and with #6 nib and not too expensive, definitely it is worth the acquisition.

Look forward to it. thumbup.gif

I tend to favour steel pens, although that nib section does look odd.

Edited by 1nkulus

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• 1 month later...

Horrible pictures don't do it justice, but this red marble finish is gorgeous:

VxHpjAj.jpg

zApXVE5.jpg

It's got a little bit of dirt on, and some scratches, but nothing an ultrasonic bath and a pass with a polishing cloth won't fix.

Beautifull Pen. The red marble and green marble where made in a way that there is not two pen totally identical

• 1 year later...

I have managed to score another pen set, an Inoxcrom Sirocco Marrón Marbre unused in original box with leaflet.

The color of the pen is stunning! I have now 3 sets of Sirocco pens, and I have done another review of the Sterling Silver pen too:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/356133-inoxcrom-sirocco-plata/

50523395837_c9149da94c_b.jpg

50523399202_6d694ff763_b.jpg

50522491118_6de01c4b15_b.jpg

50523389827_2701ab4191_b.jpg

• 11 months later...

That's a sweet set of Siroccos. On the rebound of a nasty experience with a scammer out of (but not connected to) another pens forum that cost me $150, I've rashly bought one of these. I hope it goes as well as it looks! I bought the black with silver cap one, which looks nice. I must say those red ones look superb. And I treated myself to a pot of beautiful coloured ink. So 'move over' Parker Quink, along comes a cool Viridian!!!