hi guys. just joined the "FPN" after i was looking for this pen my dad had bought back in the 90s.

growing up, we used fountain pens at school. i almost always had a parker vector (which i kept on loosing) or a bunch of hero (parker 51 look alike) pens while my sister had an actual parker 51.

i was going through our old boxes and came across a pen set that my dad had picked up at an expo back around 1997. it was a "pen quest 2000" all steel body ballpoint, roller ball and fountain pen.

i looked it up online and it brought me to the fountain pen network where someone had posted pictures of. the one i have is slightly different but it was nice to hear that someone else also had it.

i wonder how much it would be worth today.

i got back into fountain pens recently and have just ordered my first "fancy" pen. ive ordered a Montblanc 146. this is after i had been experimenting with some local and chinese pens.

i currently wish i had kept the fountain pens from back when i was still in school as i really miss the parker vector and the beautiful marble red piston filling waterman i had back in highschool. i didnt really appreciate them back then and i remember i had dropped my waterman on the floor and bent the gold plated nib plus i never liked how it kept on bleeding through the paper i was using at the time. considering the crappy copy paper i was using back then and the fact that the waterman was an absolute gusher. i really wish i had kept it and would have appreciated it more.

ive also been experimenting with mixing inks to get more shades. mixed the apache sunset from noodlers with the run of the mill pelican royal blue 4001.....it gave me a really vibrant olive green somehow.

has anyone else experimented with ink mixing? or am i just wasting the expensive inks?! haha

im thinking about experimenting with food coloring and see if i can come up with some unique shades (for much cheaper price)

good to be on here. hopefully i can get some of you guys to respond on this.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dunepanda

• OCArt

• arellano81366

• ygv

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and welcome to this friendly corner of the universe from a fountain pen user in San Diego. There is such a wealth of information waiting for you to discover on this site. We do have an Inky Recipes section you might be interested in, mixing is fun but best to mix a very small test batch and wait a few days to see if it precipitates. Food coloring, coffee, blood-- folks will try anything.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Welcome to FPN!

Namiki Yukari Maki-e Zodiac Horse 1st edition, by Masaru Hayashi 林胜 | Namiki Yukari Royale Vermillon Urushi No. 20 | Pelikan M1000 | Montblanc WE 2004 Franz Kafka LE | Montblanc POA 2018 Homage to Ludwig II LE 4810 | Montblanc POA Joseph II 2012 LE 4810 | Montblanc 146 75th Anniversary SE | Montblanc Meisterstück Great Masters James Purdey & Sons SE | Montblanc 118232 Heritage Collection Rouge et Noir Spider Metamorphosis SE Coral | Montblanc 10575 Meisterstück Gold 149 | Montblanc 114229 Meisterstück Platinum 149 | Montblanc 111043 John F. Kennedy LE 1917 Rollerball | Montblanc 116258 The Beatles SE Ballpoint | Montblanc 114723 Heritage Collection Rouge et Noir SE Rollerball | Montblanc Meisterstück Platinum-Coated Classique Ballpoint |

Hello and welcome to FPN from Cape Town, South Africa.

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill

thanks for the warm welcome everyone. will be looking forward to the wealth of fountain pen knowledge you guys have already contributed, and continue to add.

Hello and welcome to this friendly corner of the universe from a fountain pen user in San Diego. There is such a wealth of information waiting for you to discover on this site. We do have an Inky Recipes section you might be interested in, mixing is fun but best to mix a very small test batch and wait a few days to see if it precipitates. Food coloring, coffee, blood-- folks will try anything.

yeah, i realized how much fast i was running out of containers when mixing different inks and colors. ive filled out a medicine holder already! monday is olive green, tuesday is a nice gold (olive with more yellow) ..... and so on and so forth! lol cant say i have mixed blood yet......dont think ill be trying that anytime! haha

i can expect food coloring to precipitate but i think as long as i mix ink with an ink, they probably already contain stabilizers so im not worried about them to settle at the bottom.

i also found a 20yr old ink bottle that was almost brand new. i have a jar of parker quink blue black and a jar of Dollar ink black (a brand from pakistan) and they are really rich colors.....maybe because theyve been sitting in their original box since 1997

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

merci beaucoup! ahlain! hola! howdie!

what do you choose as your daily carry?

i recently found my parker vector (i used to use this pen back in early 2000's). planning on using that as a daily carry.

merci beaucoup! ahlain! hola! howdie!

what do you choose as your daily carry?

i recently found my parker vector (i used to use this pen back in early 2000's). planning on using that as a daily carry.

Hello!

Currently, I carry the following pens with me to work: Wing Sung 3008, Jinhao 159, Pilot 283 <F>, Pilot 912 <BB>, Hero 5028 <1.1> and Pilot Stella 90s <F>

Javier

thanks for the welcome mitto! and congrats on the recent incredible diplomatic success to your nation!

thanks the limit to the political talk i can do!

Greetings and welcome to FPN

is the jinhao 159 (no.6 nib?) stand up against the MB149?

i almost got the WS308 but is the price difference worth it when compared to the Twisbi eco?

Hello!

Currently, I carry the following pens with me to work: Wing Sung 3008, Jinhao 159, Pilot 283 <F>, Pilot 912 <BB>, Hero 5028 <1.1> and Pilot Stella 90s <F>