20Th International Fountain Pen Festival @mitsukoshi

mke

The information about the 20th International Fountain Pen Festival @Mitsukoshi is out.

Here it is:

mitsukoshi%201.jpg

mitsukoshi%202.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OmegaMountain

• mke

• A Smug Dill

• MalcLee

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't read this - when is this event? I think I will actually be in Tokyo when it's going on if it's in March... Is there any english info on it because I am striking out on my search efforts...

Edited by OmegaMountain

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts." - Patrick Rothfuss

There are two pen events in Tokyo.

March 6-12 at Maruzen Nihombashi

March 13-18 at Mitsukoshi Nihombashi - the flyer above

I can't read this - when is this event?

fpn_1551259008__mitsukoshi_20th_world_fo

From the 13th day to the 18th day of the third month in the year 2019.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

fpn_1551259008__mitsukoshi_20th_world_fo

From the 13th day to the 18th day of the third month in the year 2019.

Thanks, Dill. That's what I was mostly figuring from search extrapolations. From what I am seeing it's at the main Mitsukoshi Store. The 13th will be my actual first full day in Tokyo and now I have a definite destination to add to my itinerary in my wanderings.

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts." - Patrick Rothfuss

There are two pen events in Tokyo.

March 6-12 at Maruzen Nihombashi

March 13-18 at Mitsukoshi Nihombashi - the flyer above

Thank you - I will miss Maruzen, but am going to figure out how to get to Mitsukoshi for sure as I will be in Tokyo for the entire event. Maybe I will be fortunate enough to grab one of these pens.

The 13th will be my actual first full day in Tokyo and now I have a definite destination to add to my itinerary in my wanderings.

How fortuitous. Lucky you!

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• 2 weeks later...

That yellow pen looks very similar to the Sailor Bungubox Ginza Metro LE. Great pen.

Too many pens; too little writing.

It's a shame I can't understand Japanese. I'm really curious as to what's so special about that Kemma pen priced at ¥2,700,000 (approximately A$34,469).

@A Smug Dill

It looks as if the nib is made from Sapphire and it is a 1 pen LE.

It is written that the pen is made from "Sapphire glass" - what ever this should mean.

When I tested their pens in September 2018, I had no good feeling - first they write extremely broad and second they dried out nearly immediately.

My 300 yen glass-nib pen from Aliexpress performs better.

Edited by mke

It is written that the pen is made from "Sapphire glass" - what ever this should mean.

Oh, so that's what that means. Maki-e art encased in sapphire glass (very hard, clear synthetic sapphire), with trim and rings of platinum on the pen body.

mke posted this a year ago: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/333924-kemma-fountain-pens-in-akita-prefecture-any-more-info/

Found it cos I was all, What's Kemma? Sapphire nib, what?

And here's a products page from the manufacturer's website: http://www.yutopia.or.jp/~kenma/Products.html

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

@OmegaMountain

Go to Maruzen too, they don't throw the remaining stuff away:

Maruzen

Mitsukoshi is just 600m away: here.

I meant I was missing the Maruzen pen festival, but I did go there today. I also picked up one of the Eboya show edition pens. It's a very large pen, but I wanted something relatively unique to take home with me. There are so many pens in this city I could spend a small fortune on.

I was seriously considering dropping the two grand on the Nakaya as well since they only made two of them.

Edited by OmegaMountain

> Eboya pen

You are talking about the blue-yellow one?

What is large? MB149 or Sailor KoP size?

> Eboya pen

You are talking about the blue-yellow one?

What is large? MB149 or Sailor KoP size?

Yes - the blue/yellow one they only made 15 of. Easily KOP size or larger. I will see if I can manage a comparison shot with a 3776 later which is the only other pen I have on me while I am here right now. I used the Pilot Custom Urushi as a stand-in to buy a pen case for it because it felt wrong to take it out of the box in Itoya to see if it would fit, but I am really not sure if the case I bought will fit it.

Edit: I'm hesitant to open the thing because of the weird tax-free stipulations on goods here, but screw it. I'm not using it until I get home anyway because I bought a bottle of Kobe ink to go with it that I'm not opening until I get back.

Edit 2: I lied: they wrapped the pen up inside the bag even. There's no way I can open it without it being obvious and I don't want to deal with customs if they decide to check me at the airport. I will try to remember to photograph it when I get home.

Edited by OmegaMountain