Moonman M200

Lomi

Was browsing with filter for new fountain pens on Aliexpress and found this model Moonman M200 they also can be found cheaper on ebay, is this new model or am i'm missing something? because didnt seen anywhere someone mentioning them. Here some photos from Taobao page of this product:

O1CN01KZWh4A1xBzh9GhGsa_!!81296406.jpg
O1CN01OBj8gm1xBzh9ii79i_!!81296406.jpg
O1CN01ljEb4i1xBzhAQT1V9_!!81296406.jpg
O1CN01NhkFC91xBzh7qQKBQ_!!81296406.jpg

*Btw there also new LIY mountain series with gorgeous colors, but thats for another topic :bunny01:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Honeybadgers

• penzel_washinkton

• Lomi

• Mechayoshi

Wonder why Moonman don't like releasing their pens in silver finish trims lately.

Would be all over it if it has silver instead of gold trims

For $47? Not sure if there will be a lot of takers.

I also see the Moonman M600 the chequerboard Duofold shape thingy for $78.

At that price range I would think most people woukd just go to the major western brands.

Bobby has these on his Etsy site for $34. They look like beautiful pens. I'm trying to find their dimensions before I go any further. I have too many small, thin pens already.

Bobby has these on his Etsy site for $34. They look like beautiful pens. I'm trying to find their dimensions before I go any further. I have too many small, thin pens already.

their dimensions on the right on the first photo there. Thank you for info about etsy page thats the same price at which the pen sells at china, also moonman m600 there for good price too.

At that price range I would think most people woukd just go to the major western brands.

all china pens except PENBBS i guess, eventually drop in price anyway, seen this with m2, with m100, with LIY pens, and with some others that was relatively new. Personally i take taobao prices as reference usually because that's where most main distributors and manufacturers sells their pens, and if price is significantly higher outside of China for more than 5-6$, imo it's either better to wait until price drops or just skip the pen. And btw i have almost no info if prices drop in China too or not, but for example i seen price tag on moonman m100 crossed out from 278 yuan to 198 yuan and this pen isn't that old too so it's kinda cool anyway that we can buy this pens bellow 100$ mark (and yes i'm enjoying my schmidt nib on m100 and dont mind it xD I knew some folk there already tired of them)

Edited by Lomarion

$50 for the M100 wouldn't be overpriced - the fit and finish, high quality acrylics, and schmidt nibs add up to a really nice pen.

I'll buy an M200. Apart from the super cheap parker 45 knockoff they made, I have yet to run into a moonman pen I didn't love.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

What's bobby's etsy page link? I only ever buy from him on ebay.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

$50 for the M100 wouldn't be overpriced - the fit and finish, high quality acrylics, and schmidt nibs add up to a really nice pen.

I'll buy an M200. Apart from the super cheap parker 45 knockoff they made, I have yet to run into a moonman pen I didn't love.

That's good to know. I didn't realize that they were that much better.

I have the Moonman M2 but I have skipped the M100 so far in case the price comes down a bit.

How do the Moonmans compare to a known quality construction like the Kaigelu 316, which can be had for about $22?

I might grab the M100/M200 as well then. Greed, of course, knows no bounds.

Thanks for the etsy link Jamerelbe.

Wonder why Moonman don't like releasing their pens in silver finish trims lately.

Would be all over it if it has silver instead of gold trims

I think Moonman doesn't want or cannot expand their product line too much, because it may affect sales as pens produced not on demand for each person but in large batches and in the end they may left with many leftovers if there alot of variations too choose from. But actually i think i found one for you, look for "Ivenue" pen at Ebay this one looks kinda similar but it in all silver accents, it has same grip section, similar acrylics, same lenth, but clip/metal band/nib and branding are different, not sure about the overall shape from the photos, to me they look a little bit diffent as Ivenue appears to be thinner. Found this pen month ago and now as remember about it i see some similarities in them.

I think Moonman doesn't want or cannot expand their product line too much, because it may affect sales as pens produced not on demand for each person but in large batches and in the end they may left with many leftovers if there alot of variations too choose from. But actually i think i found one for you, look for "Ivenue" pen at Ebay this one looks kinda similar but it in all silver accents, it has same grip section, similar acrylics, same lenth, but clip/metal band/nib and branding are different, not sure about the overall shape from the photos, to me they look a little bit diffent as Ivenue appears to be thinner. Found this pen month ago and now as remember about it i see some similarities in them.

Thank you for pointing a similar pen with a silver trim, will look into it surely.

It's a pen that crossthreads. Pretty yes but the price is right.

<b>Inked up:</b> Ranga 3C, Lamy 2000, Pilot Custom 74, Pelikan m205 , Platinum Preppy, Pilot Decimo<br><b>Inks currently using:</b> Troublemaker Blue Guitar, Nemosine Alpha Centauri, Noodler’s Navy, Aircorps blue black<br> Signature ink and pen: Noodler’s Navy + Lamy 2000

It's a pen that crossthreads. Pretty yes but the price is right.

Neither of mine have ever crossthreaded. Is this a common issue with them? Because QC fails happen with visconti as well, and we don't all gripe about how overpriced they are (and good howdy are they often overpriced)

Neither of mine have ever crossthreaded. Is this a common issue with them? Because QC fails happen with visconti as well, and we don't all gripe about how overpriced they are (and good howdy are they often overpriced)

Maybe I'm harsh but it appeared so in on of the threads we have here. Agree to disagree but it's a thirty dollar pen to me. I don't remember mine posting well either, not a deal breaker but I'd expect more if the price was higher.

<b>Inked up:</b> Ranga 3C, Lamy 2000, Pilot Custom 74, Pelikan m205 , Platinum Preppy, Pilot Decimo<br><b>Inks currently using:</b> Troublemaker Blue Guitar, Nemosine Alpha Centauri, Noodler’s Navy, Aircorps blue black<br> Signature ink and pen: Noodler’s Navy + Lamy 2000

Because QC fails happen with visconti as well, and we don't all gripe about how overpriced they are (and good howdy are they often overpriced)

This, this and this.

• 1 month later...

So has anybody bought one of these, yet? I'm quite curious as to the feel of the section, and if has the same amplifier effect as the M100. (It's probably a bit too short for me, but I'm willing to forgive a lot for that gorgeous material and how it feels to the touch.)

So has anybody bought one of these, yet? I'm quite curious as to the feel of the section, and if has the same amplifier effect as the M100. (It's probably a bit too short for me, but I'm willing to forgive a lot for that gorgeous material and how it feels to the touch.)

I got mine today. Cracked Ice colors. It feels very similar to the m100. The grip section has a curve, but it fits well in the hand.

Cap is heavier than in m100. Cap can be posted on the back of the pen (unlike the m100 cap). Really nice pen. And no cross threading (atleast in mine)

P.S. Sorry for bad english.

post-147152-0-83136200-1554307637_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I got the green one. I'ts a very nice pen. The nib is fine and writes well, but it's nox flexy at all. It would look better with a bigger n° 6 nib, but it's ok.

post-114545-0-77133500-1556152167_thumb.jpg

Here you see it compared to the Wing Sung 626. The WS pen is much lower in quality and the acrylic doesn't look that deep and pearlescent.

Whereas the WS has got a weird converter that looks like a Platinum but is incompatible (also to the Platinum cartridges), the Moonman takes standard international cartridges (2x short / 1x long). It's converter has got a good capacity.

post-114545-0-43100000-1556152440_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nyanzilla

"On the internet nobody knows you're a cat." =^.^=