Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

JGrad

So, I thought I'd try my hand at a little restoration and decided to go with the cheaper Majestic in case I completely ruined the pen. I managed to disassemble it with a little soaking (there was lots of old ink residue inside of everything). I used my micro-mesh pads to polish it up, and smooth out a little tooth on the nib (still needs a little work) but, I have no idea how this pen fills. The listing said its a cartridge pen but it seems like its too early to be a cartridge pen, plus I cant image how you would get the feed into a cartridge. Then I thought maybe its missing a piece, perhaps a plunger or something like that but I don't see where any of that would attach and if original, the breather tube seems too be really long for something like that. So I settled on a eye dropper but, everything leaks right out around the nib and feed. So I bring it to the community. Attached are pictures, assembled and disassembled. Any thoughts?

ipe4Mb2.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Driften

• Houston

• chromantic

• JGrad

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I'm new to all of this internet posting and have never been a part of an online community. I apologize for posting this twice..... in the wrong place.

Looks like there is a rubber bulb missing from the back of the pen body. I didn't see where else you posted this but the repair area would be a good place since you are not getting noticed here.

You might actually search that area since I see other posts on "Majestic Build Filler" there...

When in working condition it should look like this

fpn_1384305848__majestic_black_and_pearl

YES! It didn’t occur to me until just now and I was quite literally searching bulb fillers. Thanks for the help, and the picture. I’ll try the repair group.

Diften, did you get that pen on ebay? I recall seeing one with that same silver spiral pattern a couple years ago.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Diften, did you get that pen on ebay? I recall seeing one with that same silver spiral pattern a couple years ago.

Nope that pen I linked to was one here on FPN. I don't one of these. Might have been an old sale thread.