Mb 149 Expression Nib - Calligraphy?

admmarcos

Hello all. A collector posted a picture in FB group (pen show in Munich) of a new flexible nib of 149 and sounds **amazing**. Have anybody here seen that? Are we allowed to talk about that?

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• arcfide

• Tom Kellie

• Pravda

• max dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im not sure if its allowed to show pictures but I guess discussing it is fine. Im scheduled to see it on the 20th will be able tell you more once I do.

I would assume pictures are a no go and would cause a lock quickly, where some theorizing would be fine. I also would like more information.

• 6 months later...

Hey all, has anyone received any updates on the expression nib? Im so curious about this pen!

Im not sure if its allowed to show pictures but I guess discussing it is fine. Im scheduled to see it on the 20th will be able tell you more once I do.

Pravda what did you think after seeing it in person?

The nib is a lot of fun to use. A fresh change from the modern nail-hard nibs and the soft feel Heritage series it is a true flex with beautiful line variation.

Itll be released within 2 weeks now. On a regular 149 and on a Solitaire 146 lacquered with gold leaves.

The nib is a lot of fun to use. A fresh change from the modern nail-hard nibs and the soft feel Heritage series it is a true flex with beautiful line variation.

Itll be released within 2 weeks now. On a regular 149 and on a Solitaire 146 lacquered with gold leaves.

Thank you Pravda! That sounds wonderful. Did they mention if the 149 is going to be a special edition or if it will be a permanent addition to the Meisterstuck lineup?

Ohh, I didnt realise it would come in both nib sizes. Hopefully if it sells well they could extend it to other editions. Thanks for the details, Ive been quietly looking forward to this release.

OK ,there goes my September Pen budget (like it was not spent already)

It will be a special (but not limited) production. That is, if you dont get it immediately it should remain available for 2-3 years after.

Actually, my understanding is that Montblanc wants to roll out specialty nibs from here onwards. So one year the flex Calligraphy:Expression, the next year Calligraphy:X and so on.

What excited me is that the Solitaire is all metal lacquered black, with the white star blending in the shiny black body and the gold splashes make nice pop.

Now I am wondering if we can get a nib swap done. I have a 149 O3B that I was planning to sell (nib width doesn't really work for me) but I might reconsider now...

It will be a special (but not limited) production. That is, if you dont get it immediately it should remain available for 2-3 years after.

Actually, my understanding is that Montblanc wants to roll out specialty nibs from here onwards. So one year the flex Calligraphy:Expression, the next year Calligraphy:X and so on.

What excited me is that the Solitaire is all metal lacquered black, with the white star blending in the shiny black body and the gold splashes make nice pop.

Thanks again Pravda! This is very helpful since I have a few expenses coming up, so it's good to know that there is a little bit more time to pick up one of the expression nibs. I'm also happy to hear that Montblanc is going to roll out more specialty nibs moving forward; it sounds like they're listening to some of our requests :)

~ The interest expressed in this thread is a positive sign for Montblanc.

Introducing any new product has a degree of uncertainty concerning market acceptance.

From the comments here, the Expression Nib is likely to find friends and a place on many writing desks.

Tom K.

Love MB but can't be done.

Get a FPR Ultra-flex in a Himalayan and grind to XF

Have fun.

That's an interesting web site but I don't see a price listed for the nib in question. The calligraphy nib they depict is quite nice.

I believe the very broad nib shown in the article is a bespoke nob (6B or similar). The expression nib is different; looks like a regular fine/medium nib with a different design in plain gold.

The expression 149 is priced similar compared to the regular 149 and the 146 similar to a regular Solitaire.

The prototype nib I've tried was very soft and ink flow could not keep up with my writing. Nothing compared to a vintage flex or semi flex. But I'm waiting for a regular production model for final conclusion.

The golden leaf however looks beautiful :-)

...only a few days left...

Cheers

Michael