Want To Buy The Faber Castell Loom

kikopens

I recently decided to buy the Faber Castell Loom. As it is not available in India, I decided to buy it from an online store. After a thorough lookup for the Loom, I came by a site called https://www.penboutique.com where some of the Looms are on an offer of 32$. I don't know about any online fountain pen sites except Goulet. Currently the Loom is sold at Goulet for 55$.

What I'm asking is the offer from penboutique is a dealbreaker or is it a shady site? (Mentioning again, I know nothing about online pen stores outside of India)

https://www.penboutique.com/collections/loom?tab=products&sort_by=price&sort_order=asc&page=1&rb_product_type=Fountain

Any help is much appreciated.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kikopens

• K Singh

• minddance

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

I am not the biggest fan of their nibs. But it is a nice pen. Faber Castell might probably sell cheaper in the UK or Europe, no need to get from the US.

In love with the Faber-Castell steel nibs from the Basic model onwards.

Loom prices vary depending on materials of the pen and seller. Faber-Castell's official Italian website offers the Loom model from a 35€ pricetag, so I think that 32$ is legit.

I have three Loom Piano and they're all great pens, everyday writers. Good choice!

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

No advice apart from that goulet is a company that is worth the small amount of extra cost. they're just a spectacular business.

Also, avoid a piano finish or other shiny finishes. They're fingerprint magnets.

I personally adore the loom's nib.

Edited by Honeybadgers

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Also, avoid a piano finish or other shiny finishes. They're fingerprint magnets.

And micro scratches become MACRO scratches.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Hi all,

I have a Loom... and I hate to be contrarian,... but I don't care for mine. I do not recall the name of my pen's finish, but it has the metallic orange cap.

At any rate, I find the weight on it too dense and concentrated and the pen itself is very slippery... I've had it slip through my fingers like an over-chalked pool cue.

The nib IS fantastic... but so are the nibs on all the FC models I've used.

Bottom line... If it were me... I'd stick with the brand, but check out the other models... the name of my favorite model is evading me now. :wallbash:

As per usual, YMMV.

Be well all. :)

I love my Loom pen and have been using it for about a year now. I also have their Basic model which has the same nib as Loom, but is a little back-heavy for me.

I bought mine from williampenn.net and would suggest you to take a look at their site before you order from outside.

Right now it seems the Loom is out of stock but there is another model Essentio available for roughly 35$

https://www.williampenn.net/faber-castell-design-fountain-pen-essentio-aluminium-rose-medium.html

In case you want only the Loom, I'd suggest you wait for a while and buy it from them. And they do run a sale from time to time. I got my Loom for 25$ back then : )

(Not affiliated with the site in any way, just had good experience buying a few pens from them)

I love my Loom pen and have been using it for about a year now. I also have their Basic model which has the same nib as Loom, but is a little back-heavy for me.

I bought mine from williampenn.net and would suggest you to take a look at their site before you order from outside.

Right now it seems the Loom is out of stock but there is another model Essentio available for roughly 35$

https://www.williampenn.net/faber-castell-design-fountain-pen-essentio-aluminium-rose-medium.html

In case you want only the Loom, I'd suggest you wait for a while and buy it from them. And they do run a sale from time to time. I got my Loom for 25$ back then : )

(Not affiliated with the site in any way, just had good experience buying a few pens from them)

Thank you for the suggestion... I was looking at williampenn.net but it was out of stock, so thought about buying it from outside. Will keep an eye on williampenn for a while then. Though I heard Essentio has a different feed and nib, I guess?

Thank you for the suggestion... I was looking at williampenn.net but it was out of stock, so thought about buying it from outside. Will keep an eye on williampenn for a while then. Though I heard Essentio has a different feed and nib, I guess?

I think the nib is the same as Loom, hope someone with the pen can answer this correctly. In some ways it is supposed to be better than the Basic model, as this one has an aluminium section and a better balance. But I don't have that pen so can only say based on what I read somewhere.

I think the nib is the same as Loom, hope someone with the pen can answer this correctly. In some ways it is supposed to be better than the Basic model, as this one has an aluminium section and a better balance. But I don't have that pen so can only say based on what I read somewhere.

ahh my bad, i misread it somewhere that the nib is different. but the nib is similar to the essentio. essentio is a fairly new model and it may have a different feed.. that's why i am not going for the essentio right now..

Since the title says 'want to buy', I shan't discourage OP from doing that. Please buy and report your experience! (With pictures and writing samples please ;) )

ahh my bad, i misread it somewhere that the nib is different. but the nib is similar to the essentio. essentio is a fairly new model and it may have a different feed.. that's why i am not going for the essentio right now..

Personally I don't see why you should have any problems with the feed. But I can understand if you prefer Loom. Actually it's my favorite too among the affordable faber-castell pens. Hope you get yours soon.