The Art Of Engrave. Montblanc Special And Limited Editions Nibs.

Feamat

I really enjoy this thread. Montblanc fountain pens are amazing and i particularly like the craftsmanship on their nibs.

Namiki Yukari Maki-e Zodiac Horse 1st edition, by Masaru Hayashi 林胜 | Namiki Yukari Royale Vermillon Urushi No. 20 | Pelikan M1000 | Montblanc WE 2004 Franz Kafka LE | Montblanc POA 2018 Homage to Ludwig II LE 4810 | Montblanc POA Joseph II 2012 LE 4810 | Montblanc 146 75th Anniversary SE | Montblanc Meisterstück Great Masters James Purdey & Sons SE | Montblanc 118232 Heritage Collection Rouge et Noir Spider Metamorphosis SE Coral | Montblanc 10575 Meisterstück Gold 149 | Montblanc 114229 Meisterstück Platinum 149 | Montblanc 111043 John F. Kennedy LE 1917 Rollerball | Montblanc 116258 The Beatles SE Ballpoint | Montblanc 114723 Heritage Collection Rouge et Noir SE Rollerball | Montblanc Meisterstück Platinum-Coated Classique Ballpoint |

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Feamat

• ygv

• Amit.

• Carrau

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

attachicon.gif 2 Christie IMG_1993.jpg

1993 Montblanc Writers Edition Agatha Christie F Nib

Lovely collections! I always wondered why MB chose the snake motif for this pen/nib. I've read the official MB explanation, but it seems to me it would have been better suited to a Sir Arthur Conan Doyle version (The Speckled Band).

Lovely collections! I always wondered why MB chose the snake motif for this pen/nib. I've read the official MB explanation, but it seems to me it would have been better suited to a Sir Arthur Conan Doyle version (The Speckled Band).

When they came out with the Agatha, they were new at the limited edition/Writers Edition game. The pen design is meant to recall early Montblancs which didn't have a clip, so people would attach a third-party clip, and a very popular style was the snake (I've also seen a monkey clip and an elephant clip). You can buy a snake clip from maxpens.de to put on a Safety Pen, as shown on this page: http://www.maxpens.de/bilder/6erred.htm

I think the mental association they were trying for was snake --> poison --> Agatha Christie, mystery writer queen of poisons,

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

Hello,

I agree with the interpretation of Kalessin.
We must also consider the context and opportunity in which the limited series of writers began incipiently.
For now it was part of the Meisterstück line, a situation that was maintained until 1999 with the Marcel Proust edition, the last one to be sold as Montblanc Meisterstück, so the writers series was part of that line for 7 editions.
In addition, the first editions of the writers editions series are, to a greater or lesser extent, reprints or reinterpretations of classic and / or vintage Montblanc models.
I have a research work that I have done in this regard, but I can not publish it because the photographs do not belong to me, but I can give you a reference.
Hemingway / Meisterstück 139
Agatha Christie / Safety No. 12
Oscar Wilde / Safety No. 25
Masterpiece Pushbuttonfillers No. 25 Lapisblue on Blue
Lapis Blue No. 20 Lever Filler
Coral Hard Red No. 25 Lever Filler
Voltaire / Montblanc L72
Montblanc L71 & 73
Dumas / Meisterstück 139
Dostoevsky / Safety No. 25
Edgard Allan Poer / Montblanc 234 Lapislazuli Piston Filler c. 1935 - 1936
Montblanc 235 Piston Filler c. 1935 - 1936
Meisterstück 134 & 136, Tear Clip War Time c. 1942 - 1946
Marcel Proust / Safety No. 15 Octagonal 900
Montblanc Pencil No. 1 Octagonal 900 Silver
Montblanc Sarastro Pencil Octagonal No. 10 Sterling Silver c.1935
Schiller / Simplo Safety 414 k 314
Safety Octagonal No. 6 c. 1924 -1928
F Scott Fitzgerald / Montblanck K 25 Black & Pearl Long Top
Montblanck L 25 Long Top
Montblanck L 30
Montblanck L 35
From that moment on, the editions have been more free creations that incorporate more or less elements linked to the author that pretend to homage.

FEAMAT

When they came out with the Agatha, they were new at the limited edition/Writers Edition game. The pen design is meant to recall early Montblancs which didn't have a clip, so people would attach a third-party clip, and a very popular style was the snake (I've also seen a monkey clip and an elephant clip). You can buy a snake clip from maxpens.de to put on a Safety Pen, as shown on this page: http://www.maxpens.de/bilder/6erred.htm

I think the mental association they were trying for was snake --> poison --> Agatha Christie, mystery writer queen of poisons,

Thanks!

Hello:

A miniature of beautifull.

Mozart special edition 75th Anniversary.

fpn_1550522490__dsc_1870.jpg

And, simple but elegant, Oscar Wilde Special Writers Edition 1994.

fpn_1550522583__dscn9108.jpg

Regards.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

12 Verne IMG_1985.jpg

2002 Montblanc Writers Edition Jules Verne M Nib

12 Verne IMG_1986.jpg

Very Early Scuba Diving (2002 Montblanc Writers Edition Jules Verne Nib Detail)

Being picky, it's not early scuba. It is a diving helmet. Scuba is an acronym where S stands for self and C is contained. These diving helmets needed to have air hoses to the surface operation by another person and were thus not self contained.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

One of my all time favorites of nib engraving.

Great pics.

Being picky, it's not early scuba. It is a diving helmet. Scuba is an acronym where S stands for self and C is contained. These diving helmets needed to have air hoses to the surface operation by another person and were thus not self contained.

An accurate and adequate clarification.

Thanks,

Regards

One of my all time favorites of nib engraving.

Great pics.

I've been looking at these nibs and some of them I really like. I agree with you about the Kafka nib, it's so iconic for, Kafka's Metamorphosis.

Cervantes nib is also iconic.

• 2 months later...