• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• como

• sirgilbert357

• mallymal1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not showing this post to my husband -- he already says, when I read threads like this one and various ink ones "This is NOT a competition...."

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

:lticaptd:

Same me! arround 200 Conways and 50 of them wait to be restored.

22 of them are from 286th range. Is there somebody wich has and want to sell the "Autumn leaves" the "Uniform Choccolate Brown" or the " Marbled burgundy ink visible"?

The 286 is my favourite range, and the pen which set me off on the Conway quest. :thumbup:

Hmmm, I am just wondering what number would be at a "point of no return"...

Mmm. Whenever you realise there are so many great and desirable pens out there and you really shouldn't let them escape.

Not showing this post to my husband -- he already says, when I read threads like this one and various ink ones "This is NOT a competition...."

:D

Mmm. Whenever you realise there are so many great and desirable pens out there and you really shouldn't let them escape.

I know... It spells trouble when I tell myself "This is the last one, for a while." and then quickly start looking for the next one again. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I think that I am nearby 70 pens

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Well, I've gone on a bit of a buying spree in the past few weeks.

Someone gave me a NOS Sheaffer Skripsert; then I found a Lady Skripsert and a Parker 45 at an estate sale company's warhorse sale about a month later ($5 each). Still have to find affordable converters for those two Sheaffers; but I picked up a squeeze converter for the 45, as well as one for the 45 I bought last fall at the Ohio Pen Show, and a Pilot Con-B converter to replace the dead-sac one in my Metropolitan (the converters were pretty much all $10 US or less, IIRC). After that it was it was a very silly Parker Vector with a picture of Puss in Boots from the Shrek movies (about $13.50 with shipping, because I was the only bidder). Two weekends ago I found an Osmiroid "India ink Pen" in its original case (including the gadget to pull the feed for thorough cleaning) at an estate sale a few blocks from my house for a buck, and *another* Parker 45 in an antiques mall in the next county for $4. Then on Saturday this past weekend, it was a couple of Sheaffers at yet another estate sale (in with a bunch of random pens in a cigar box, where the entire box contents was $10) -- what I think is a Snorkel Sovereign, and some lever-filler which MAY be a Balance (both with 14K nibs, so even if the crack in the cap on the Balance-is pen, it can become a parts pen. Those were $2 apiece... B) Then this evening I actually bought something moderatleyexpensive -- a Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Purple Cosmos LE (after finally getting a chance to try a Sailor zoom nib). But even then I spent a week or two comparison shopping on line and getting input from people on various threads as to whether that nib was worth buying, and how difficult it was to use the pen as far as adjusting the pen angle in relation to the page (which is WHY my friend got treated to a nice dinner at a fairly fancy restaurant). Although I don't know what specific Kingdom Note ink it was in his pen -- just that it was, um, orange.... :huh: (oh, and for all the people who say that a zoom nib is very feedbacky? It wrote like a dream on Tomoe River. :cloud9:

Ten pens and three converters acquired in approximately 2 months. Oh, and several bottles of vintage and vintage-ish Quink ink.

I'm doomed....

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

A lot of Parkers and as the gentleman said earlier, probably a number with a comma in it.

A couple of hundred assorted other brands.

The "collection" is made up of probably half fountain pens and half ballpoints.

As for me, I have 6(which two are in Daily Rotation and get used very often) and I'm debating a seventh, which will be a Sailor, at least I'm hoping.

<i>Many boys will bring you flowers. But someday you'll meet a boy who will learn your favourite flower, your favourite song, your favourite sweet. And even if he is too poor to give you any of them, it won't matter because he will have taken the time to know you as no one else does. Only that boy earns your heart-Leigh Bardugo

. Please assume no affiliation, as I'm just a pleased customer. IG: Lenses and pens_

I swore I wasn't going to buy any more, but I bought two more a couple weeks ago and have four more arriving in the next two weeks...

• 1 month later...

10 Brill R52B

06 Luxor Express

02 Jinhao x750

Got rid of before writing this:

10 Camlin scholar

01 Camlin 47 P

Inked up:

4 Luxor Express

2 Jinhao x750

2 Bril R52B

This is sage advice however I think it comes from stage two of a fountain pen collector/user's life, with stage one being trying every different type of pen you can get your hands on to see what you like and don't like and to experience EVERYTHING!!!

This is soooo true...

I am starting journey into stage 2 right now, when I realise some pens, although beautiful, is not worth the attention

14, 3 more on the way and a handful on my want-list. All under 30,- I'm still in phase one, trying out and seeing what I like. So far, so good. (Not according to my husband, though!) At least this is a collection you'll actually use. Looking at my dice collection as I write this..

More than I should.

and yet fewer than you'd like..? :lol:

"Every job is good if you do your best and work hard.

A man who works hard stinks only to the ones that have

nothing to do but smell."

Laura Ingalls Wilder

Errrrmmm... let's just say I am going to be selling about 120 of them over the next couple of months! :rolleyes:

Edited by Marlow

"Every job is good if you do your best and work hard.

A man who works hard stinks only to the ones that have

nothing to do but smell."

Laura Ingalls Wilder