How Many Pens Do You Have?

RudraDev

Hi, so, since most of us who love fountain pens can't really seem to stop buying pens, I thought it'd be cool to see how many pens you have in your pen collection.

So, How many Fountain Pens do you have in your pen collection so far?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• como

• sirgilbert357

• mallymal1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have got 6 Montblanc and a Parker fountain pens and 4 Montblanc (rollerball and ballpoint). And a few cheap ones.

Edited by ygv

Namiki Yukari Maki-e Zodiac Horse 1st edition, by Masaru Hayashi 林胜 | Namiki Yukari Royale Vermillon Urushi No. 20 | Pelikan M1000 | Montblanc WE 2004 Franz Kafka LE | Montblanc POA 2018 Homage to Ludwig II LE 4810 | Montblanc POA Joseph II 2012 LE 4810 | Montblanc 146 75th Anniversary SE | Montblanc Meisterstück Great Masters James Purdey & Sons SE | Montblanc 118232 Heritage Collection Rouge et Noir Spider Metamorphosis SE Coral | Montblanc 10575 Meisterstück Gold 149 | Montblanc 114229 Meisterstück Platinum 149 | Montblanc 111043 John F. Kennedy LE 1917 Rollerball | Montblanc 116258 The Beatles SE Ballpoint | Montblanc 114723 Heritage Collection Rouge et Noir SE Rollerball | Montblanc Meisterstück Platinum-Coated Classique Ballpoint |

I'll give you the same answer I give when this question invariably come up...

More than I need, not quite enough.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Hi RD,

I honestly don't know... I stopped counting at 150 and that was a while ago.

But let me give you this useful bit of advice while you're still young enough for it to do you some good... :D ...

The QUALITY of your collection is far more important than the QUANTITY of it... please take this to heart... it'll save you a lot of grief and expense down the road. ;)

As BoBo has said, don't join the "pen(s) of the week" club. Because I have quite a few pens I could have done without.

Be well and enjoy life. :)

- Anthony

I have 20 with number 21 ordered online yesterday. I'm perfectly satisfied with the pens I have, yet there is always another pen that catches my eye. You probably know what I mean ;)

Currently inked:

- Pilot Custom 743 <M> with Pilot Black

- Pelikan M120 Iconic Blue <B> with Pilot Blue

- Lamy Studio All Black <M> with Pilot Blue-Black

YouTube fountain pen reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2qU4nlAfdZpQrSakktBMGg/videos

Anthoy's advice is particularly valuable if you don't want to go to the trouble of selling pens just to get rid of those you shouldn't have bought in the first place.

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

1 Waterman Le Man 100.

1 Pelikan m600.

1 Sailor Professional Gear.

2 Pelikan m205.

1 Faber Castell Ambition.

1 Parker 75.

2 Parker Sonnet.

4 Lamy Studio.

1 Kaweco Sport.

1 Platinum Cool.

7 Lamy Vista.

4 Muji.

1 Pilot Metropolitan.

1 Pilot Penmanship.

So 28, I thought it was less :blush: . Not counting the discarded carcasses of a Laureat and a Cool. And another Pelikan that's on the way :wacko: .

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

I've trimmed down to 105 fountain pens, hope to trim down more at the Arkansas Pen show! Selling off less used, lower price pens and consolidating to fewer nicer pens.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

80-90, 60 or so work............some that don't were "Oh, you collect fountain pens....have a fist full of unworking half rusted clunkers."..........Luckily many were names I never saw nor had wanted to see....at least not as rusty as such can get.

Some were old and I knew....suspected some day it would have to be re-corked....and that sort of thing was supposed to be figured into the low price.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I've got 31.

Though a new pen arrived a couple days ago, and a new one should arrive next week, I really want to slim down my collection.

I've got too many duplicates, the two new ones are unique, and could/should get my collection below 15.

I've got a few on my local CraigsList, but other than one person wanting to swap nibs it's been nothing but the sound of crickets.

25 FPs. Huh.

I thought it was less :blush:

That!

The QUALITY of your collection is far more important than the QUANTITY of it... please take this to heart... it'll save you a lot of grief and expense down the road. ;)

Also that. Although nothing I've bought so far was expensive enough to count as a regret (and only one IIRC that was a truly bad experience anyway) or to be too much of a risk to tinker with. Six pens in my wee collection cost over £10, and one of those was a gift. So far it's been an interesting exploration, dipping my toes before taking the plunge with a few more expensive pens. When I do that, there's a great deal of reviews and experience here to steer me right.

31182132197_f921f7062d.jpg

As BoBo has said, don't join the "pen(s) of the week" club. Because I have quite a few pens I could have done without.

- Anthony

This is sage advice however I think it comes from stage two of a fountain pen collector/user's life, with stage one being trying every different type of pen you can get your hands on to see what you like and don't like and to experience EVERYTHING!!!

Too many.

Last count was around thirty. The last three cost twenty times more than the previous twenty seven added together.

How many pens do I actualy use?

Five at home and for everyday carry, and two parked in the desk at work - so that's 7.

Quality beats quantity -- everytime.

Buy the pens that suit you best - that's determined by what sits well in your hand, and inspires you - not price.

A £39 pen you pick up and write with every day (yes, I'm talking about you Mr Ford) is worth more than the £100 "classic" vintage pen with a scratchy nib that can hardly bear to pick up, let alone write with which "everyone" told you would be wonderful.

Ok, that might sound a bit cynical but I'm sure I'm not the only one who's had a similar experience.

This is sage advice however I think it comes from stage two of a fountain pen collector/user's life, with stage one being trying every different type of pen you can get your hands on to see what you like and don't like and to experience EVERYTHING!!!

Hello, TheRealMikeDr.

Would you mind if I asked you how you were getting on with your Cross Peerless? I read your review way back when you bought one of the first. is it still a favourite? It is on the shortlist for my birthday pen. (It's between the Peerless or a Platinum Izumo) at the moment. If you have the time, I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.

Currently around 150. That's including the Preppy highlighter pen, the three Kuratake brush pens, and a J Herbin glass pen I can't get to write. It doesn't count the 2nd Pelikan M 200 Café Crème which I'm convinced is still somewhere in a tub....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."